PDA

View Full Version : Cheap and healthy ice cream

SDSorority
05-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone! I have a super quick and easy recipe for 'ice cream' that you can make at the drop of a hat that's HEALTHY! Just in time for summer. I wanted to share it with my budget pals because it's SO CHEAP to make!

http://anniessimplelife.blogspot.com/2010/05/simple-raw-fruit-sorbet.html

In short, freeze a chopped, peeled banana in the freezer. About 20-30 min later, plop it in a food processor with whatever other fruit you like! Blend it all together and serve! Or you can freeze it and eat it later. No added sugar!

Some good combos I have made are (excluding the bananas):

Strawberry
Pineapple and Coconut
Raspberry and Mango
...you could even do peanut butter and chocolate chips for a treat (YUM)

Hope you get to try it! :goodvibes

digitalsiren
05-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Great idea, I'll have to try it out. My personal favorite is simply freezing a can of crushed pineapple. When I want an icecream I just peel back a lid and eat it like Italian ice.

SDSorority
05-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Great idea, I'll have to try it out. My personal favorite is simply freezing a can of crushed pineapple. When I want an icecream I just peel back a lid and eat it like Italian ice.

That's a good idea!

fronkfam
05-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Those are both great ideas! yummy!

MickeyMomOfThree
05-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Both those ideas are great, love them!

One thing we do is stick a popcicle stick through the top foil of a yogurt cup and freeze. When they want to eat it they take it out like a popcicle. It takes a long time to eat and doesn't melt that fast. On hot days they eat them for breakfast and think they are getting a treat.

mommy2_3
05-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Yummy! time to stock up on fruit lol! i like the idea with the frozen yogurt also!