PDA

View Full Version : Don't have to buy new cookware!!

mykidslovesdisney
05-24-2010, 12:48 PM
We own a set of Revereware cookware that is 15 yrs old-- we got it for our bridal shower. It is aluminum clad stainless steel. Over the years the handles have loosened up. I called Revereware about 5 yrs or so ago inquiring about new handles. They said that they would sell us new handles. I decided to forgo buying the new handles and just keep tightening up the screws. I have finally gotten to a point where I am tire of the wobbly handles. I was going to replace the set with something new. wasn't sure what but something new.

Then the budget guru in me starting thinking- the pans are still great = lets just pay for the new handles. I called Revere ware and explained our problem with the pans. I did let them know they were 15 yrs old. She said that they no longer have a parts department but the pans fall under their 25 yr warrenty!! They no longer make the same ones we have but they would replace them with a similiar item!! They are sending us 3 new pots in the stainless steel tri- ply!! At no cost- they will be here soon via fed ex!!!

I told DH about it -- he wanted to know if we needed to send them our old ones. I said no they didn't request that we do!

So I don't have to buy any new pots and pans!! Soo glad I checked into getting the handles replaced.

Their Customer Service rep was great!

lorac4disney
05-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow! That is good to know since I have some that are about 20 years old. My handles aren't loose though, but it's nice to know just in case something goes wrong.

Cheryllynn74
05-24-2010, 12:55 PM
That's awesome. I bought about 6 antique revereware pots and pans at goodwill about a year ago. Could not believe I found them all dirty and sad looking on the shelf. Took them home and scrubbed until they shone. They are the best pots I have.

KJF
05-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Hmmm.... I wonder if Tfal does this also? I have a nice large pan w/ lid & the small grab-handle is loose - to the point that moisture seeps out & down the sides when the lid is on. And it's not that old - maybe 1-2 years. I never thought about trying to call them.

ctinct
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I LOVE my RevereWare pots and pans. When I first started buying pots and pans, I went through so many different brands it was ridiculous. Teflon wore off, handles broke, etc. Then I remembered that my mom had used RevereWare for as long as I could remember. I bought a set and have used them for over 20 years now. Frankly, I wasn't sure they were still around. I never see them advertised, and, once you buy them, you really never have to buy pots and pans again.

englishteacha
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
I love my RevereWare! My set is 8 years old. My mom has some she's had for 40+ years!

edk35
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a set I got in 1986 and THEY ARE STILL IN FINE WORKING CONDITION. :thumbsup2 I use them more than my Emeril Cookware I got several years ago. So 24 years and still cooking!!!!

Taja
05-25-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm still using my mother's stainless steel wih copper bottom Revere Ware skillet, ca. 1955! It--and the lid--are in perfect condition! :thumbsup2

Her stainless steel Revere Ware dutch oven (same era) had to have the handles replaced in the late 1970s. Other than that, it's still going strong!

I don't use them a lot, but there are certain things I prefer to cook in them. And they hold a lot of memories! :)

squirrel
05-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow, your cookware company is better than mine.

I just sent two of my Lagostina pots to them to get repaired or replaced. One the bottom part fell off (aluminum detached from the copper) and the other one was my fault - a burnt pot, but my mom said send it anyway.

They replaced both pots with new ones but my cookware set doesn't match anymore as they no longer carry it. They didn't even send me the lids that match the new pots! I had to call them and they said they will send them. Still had to pay $10 + in shipping to get the old pots to them.

tar heel
05-25-2010, 10:54 PM
My Revereware is 24 years old. Except for the pot I killed (left something too long unattended and burned it big time), they are in great condition. My MIL's are even older.

It always amazes me when people on here are talking about buying those fancy pots that cost four figures. I've seen them demonstated and was perfectly happy to go home and use my Revereware.

sissy_42
05-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Well I know what I'll be buying! :thumbsup2

hsmamato2
05-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Revereware rocks!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:
I have a lot of old pieces, I got a set from my moms friend when we got married 21 years ago,they had been used by her already for at least 20 years....:scared1: they are still PERFECT!
I scoured Goodwill till I found a number of extra pans in all sizes, it goes into the oven(lids and all) on the grill,over an open cooking fire,on the stovetop
these are so incredible,I would never ever buy any other pans!
mine are the stainless/copper bottom pans that never die!:thumbsup2

cdrn1
05-26-2010, 07:24 AM
I am still using the Revere pans that I got as a wedding gift 35 years ago! They are my favorites and still in great shape. I got a new set of Revere when I remodeled the kitchen a few years ago...but guess which ones I pull out when it's time to cook? :)

mykidslovesdisney
06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
YEAH!! the new pots came in - only 2 and 3 qt. Not sure what happened to the 1 qt (will have to call). They are really nice. Covers are interchangable. The only drawback it they don't nest inside each other - but not a biggy.

Can't wait to cook with them!

Halle
06-01-2010, 04:36 PM
My Mom's Reverware will be 63 years old on the 15th....their 63rd anniversary!