PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Mobile Broadband USB?

LeslieG
05-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Just noticed this in the Walmart ad. So you buy the USB for $99.88 and then pay as you go? Is it so much per minute? They're selling a card for $20 good for 30 days. Looking for details, please.

mom2brina
05-23-2010, 11:49 PM
I am not sure of the details of the USB you specifically asked about but if you are looking for internet service on a laptop, and you have unlimited data, you can tether your phone to your laptop and have internet service anywhere you can get a cell phone signal. I have the TMobile Even More Plus plan (no contract) for $60/month and get unlimited data, text messages, and 500 min talk time. Now when I signed up for this, the guy tried to sell me a USB for only $40/mo.

enchantingodin
05-24-2010, 02:52 AM
I quick look on their website will tell ya, but here:

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband

LeslieG
05-24-2010, 06:59 AM
I thought it would be good for vacation. Especially Las Vegas where you can be charged $15/day for internet. I could get by with the $10 card good for 10 days. I think I'll stop by Walmart and take a look. I was hoping to hear from somebody that already had it though.

JB2K
05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Just noticed this in the Walmart ad. So you buy the USB for $99.88 and then pay as you go? Is it so much per minute? They're selling a card for $20 good for 30 days. Looking for details, please.

Typically, these prepaid internet USBs are not "by the minute", but rather by the MB used per pre-pay.

In other words, these are great for e-mail/casual web surfing/Facebook, but if you are looking to access streaming audio/video (think internet radio), you'll burn through your alloted bandwidth pretty fast.

JB2K
05-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint network, meaning these should work very well on Disney property.

Fire14
05-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I personally have a VZW one and pay 50.00/mo for 500gb This lets me do most anything I want for an entire month.

LeslieG
05-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think I would ever use it except when traveling, which I why I have been hesitant to go with Verizon. If the $10 one would work for checking email and little things like that while on vacation, I'm thinking this would be the way to go. Then I don't have the expense except when I need it.

Fire14
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't think I would ever use it except when traveling, which I why I have been hesitant to go with Verizon. If the $10 one would work for checking email and little things like that while on vacation, I'm thinking this would be the way to go. Then I don't have the expense except when I need it.
I understand what you are saying. they do have a smaller pkg also and I believe they even have a pay as u go one now also. Mine started out as my only link to high speed internet whil;e at home.

EclecticWAHM
05-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I understand what you are saying. they do have a smaller pkg also and I believe they even have a pay as u go one now also. Mine started out as my only link to high speed internet whil;e at home.

The problem with Verizon is buying the USB device or card for your laptop. If you don't go with a 2 year contract, the price of the device is ridiculous. With the Virgin Mobile it's just $99.