PDA

View Full Version : We Need a Vintage Disney Channel!

iheartpluto
05-23-2010, 11:29 AM
The goal of this thread is to let the higher ups at Disney know that we miss the old Disney Channel! This, in association with a page on Facebook, will let them know that we miss the classics!! Walt Disney Presents, Good Morning Mickey, not to mention all of our favorite classic cartoons. Please sign this thread, or like the Facebook page, and get some attention for our cause! :cheer2: (I hopped over from the "Remember when Disney channel had.." thread) Plus, we can share some more fond memories here! :)

iheartpluto
05-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Here is the Facebook link! :)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Need-a-Vintage-Disney-Channel/116032291772003?v=wall

karen l
05-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Just posted on FB. I hope they do show some of the old material. I think the shows with Walt would be great to watch again. Disney knows there are adult fans - look at D23.

spacemermaid
05-23-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses the old Disney Channel!

Just "liked" the group on Facebook :thumbsup2

Dreamstuff
05-24-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm only 19 but I'm totally with you, if Cartoon Network can have Boomerang and Nick even has a retro station I don't see why there can't be a throwback Disney one. I remember staying up late when I was younger and catching The Ink and Paint Club and Zorro and stuff. Good times.

iheartpluto
05-24-2010, 09:14 AM
:welcome: everybody!! :) Just posted a link to the Facebook page to make everybody smile. So excited to see this list growing!! :cheer2: :cool1: :yay:

spacemermaid
05-24-2010, 12:57 PM
:welcome: everybody!! :) Just posted a link to the Facebook page to make everybody smile. So excited to see this list growing!! :cheer2: :cool1: :yay:

Thanks for sharing; saw it this morning :thumbsup2

I've posted a link on the page, as well!

iheartpluto
05-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks for sharing; saw it this morning :thumbsup2

I've posted a link on the page, as well!

I saw it, that was an awesome link! :)

spacemermaid
05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Posted another one to the Facebook page wall this afternoon; hope others find it as amusing as I do! :lmao:

Fantasmic23
05-26-2010, 08:33 AM
The goal of this thread is to let the higher ups at Disney know that we miss the old Disney Channel! This, in association with a page on Facebook, will let them know that we miss the classics!! Walt Disney Presents, Good Morning Mickey, not to mention all of our favorite classic cartoons. Please sign this thread, or like the Facebook page, and get some attention for our cause! :cheer2: (I hopped over from the "Remember when Disney channel had.." thread) Plus, we can share some more fond memories here! :)

You're my hero!! Thanks so much for following through with this! :goodvibes

iheartpluto
05-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Posted another one to the Facebook page wall this afternoon; hope others find it as amusing as I do! :lmao:

LOVE that cartoon!! :)

You're my hero!! Thanks so much for following through with this! :goodvibes

Aw, thanks :blush: and :welcome: So glad to see more people joining this thread. The Facebook page is getting a lot of fans, too, it's very exciting! I wonder how far this will go...

fhtpdw20
05-27-2010, 04:09 AM
I just read that soapnet channel is going to be turned into a pre-school Playhouse Disney type of 24 hr channel. Maybe there is a chance for a vintage channel after all. The new channel is targeted to 2-7 yrs and if they move the tween shows (Hannah/Jonas/etc..) to current Disney XD, we may get our wish. Anyone for popcorn??

iheartpluto
05-31-2010, 08:20 AM
I just read that soapnet channel is going to be turned into a pre-school Playhouse Disney type of 24 hr channel. Maybe there is a chance for a vintage channel after all. The new channel is targeted to 2-7 yrs and if they move the tween shows (Hannah/Jonas/etc..) to current Disney XD, we may get our wish. Anyone for popcorn??

We can only hope!!!! :)

Our Facebook page has 78 fans so far!!! :goodvibes Let's keep it up!

spacemermaid
06-01-2010, 03:44 PM

I would LOVE it if that happened! I know they have to keep the tween shows somewhere (Disney is, after all, a business...), but I'd be overjoyed if there really were a vintage Disney channel...

irishtigger
06-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I miss the old cartoons and shows. Back in 05 I remember watching the old cartoons on the TV in the ASP resort but since than I have not seen this. I haven't stayed there again. I just wanted to know is this channel offered only at the value resorts or have they since gotten rid of it?

hsembrick
06-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I just liked on facebook!!:happytv::cool1:popcorn::

ScaryTales
06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I just liked the facebook page. I really hope this happens someday. I'm still mad they don't have the vintage cartoon channel at the resorts anymore.

Disney's Folly
06-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Are you not happy with the Disney Channel's current aim to be the launching pad for once-cute tweens looking to eventually flaunt their sexuality more overtly through magazine pictorials, shocking concert performances and leaked cell phone photos? :confused3

I don't think I've put on the Disney Channel in 20 years. I just don't know why they can't use it as a better cross-promotional tool for their movies and theme parks, like in the old days. But with the old head of the channel inexplicably running the movies division, I have a hard time believing that will ever change.

jimmytammy
06-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Another vintage Disney fan here. Like the new stuff, but love the vintage, Walt inspired stuff better. Going to FB to join up!

lilosurf11
06-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I definitely miss the Disney Afternoon and the DCOMs from when I was younger. Plus, I would love if they started showing the World of Color again (they used to have it on around 9 -10:00 pm on the weekends.)

the7thAve
06-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I absolutely hate the Disney Channel. There is, honestly, not one program on there that I watch. If the Disney Channel showed more "classic" stuff (like the old animated shorts, classic movies, etc.) then I would watch it non-stop.

That being said, I fully realize that my interests are very much a niche audience and that I am not a large target market. Therefore, I am not at all surprised that the Disney Channel doesn't cater to my own desires to see things that most people are not interested in, simply because they are "old".

bella77
06-18-2010, 10:39 PM
I want a channel that plays the New Mickey Mouse Club and Kids Incorporated- I watched those every afternoon when I was in middle school.

delaford321
06-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I think that would be such a great channel! I too watched Kids Inc and the New Mickey Mouse Club in Middle School, but I remember when the Disney channel showed the original Mickey Mouse Club. :happytv:

MajorThomasina
06-19-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm still mad they don't have the vintage cartoon channel at the resorts anymore.

:scared1: What?! When did this happen? I was staying at ASM last December and watched this nearly every night!

Anyway, joined the FB page! The only time I watch the Disney Channel anymore is when I can't sleep and The Little Mermaid and Lilo & Stitch series come on.

JaneBanks
06-20-2010, 03:01 PM
I just "liked" the fb page! I'm with everyone on this!! I miss everything about it!

I really wish they would bring back Dinsey movies and specials on Sunday nights on ABC again. I loved that so much.

sljmbll
06-21-2010, 11:06 AM
:cheer2:A vintage Disney station would see me up grading my cable.

On my way over to fb.

iheartpluto
06-21-2010, 02:37 PM
:welcome: and hello :wave2: to everybody!! :) So excited to see this little thread growing!! :)

Xaeldz
06-26-2010, 07:53 PM
They have started showing some of the older shorts during commercial breaks, cut down for time sometimes, although I have seen full length shorts after a movie has aired.

I kinda like the new 'Re-Micks' they've been airing besides the shorts. Taking footage from the old black and white shorts, and lip-syncing them to songs. It's pretty cute! I'm sure somebody has posted the Re-Micks on youtube by now! It's kinda like the old DTVs if anybody remembers them!

Oh, and I 'liked' the facebook page too!

Ron from Michigan
06-27-2010, 04:29 AM
I so wish they would do this. I'm sure it would not be cost effective to do this though. I would love to see the old Disney channel back.

iheartpluto
07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey everybody!! The Facebook page is growing, so glad to see that!! Thanks to everybody who is supporting this!!! Maybe if it grows enough, Disney would actually listen to us... Stranger things have happened!!! :) If Betty White can host SNL because of Facebook, the sky's the limit!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Disneylanding
07-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I am SO going to 'Like' your facebook page! :thumbsup2I really really miss Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Adventures N Wonderland, Duck Tales, Tales Spin, Mousersize, Gummi Bears. The programs back then late 80's early 90's were SO much better than they are now on the 'updated' version. EVEN if they brought back 'Vintage Disney Channel' back for JUST one week...one DAY. Just to see our older shows would be SO nice!!

rawpower
07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Yes, I vote for vintage Disney on TV. The only mildly entertaining thing on Disney Channel is Phineas and that other guy.

Stephlovesdisney!
07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
What about Vault Disney with the old MMC, zorro, the scary intro, and Spin and Marty?

Remember the Gummi Bears?

If you go to Wikipedia there is a huge list of shows that disney used to air.

ScaryTales
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
:scared1: What?! When did this happen? I was staying at ASM last December and watched this nearly every night

I've never been to ASM but there is no such channel at Boardwalk. I recall watching it during my 2002 trip.

marinadiamond
07-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Liked the page, I even miss the stuff thats not that old from toon disney when they used to show cartoon versions of films - eg Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch etc

onnawufei
07-21-2010, 07:46 AM
I would be all over this. I was so bummed when I realized their "Disney on Demand" was pretty much nothing but the various series that I have zero interest in. I was hoping it'd be a little more like what this thread's about.

tinkerbellfan6880
07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I liked the Facebook page because I really want to see all the old Disney Channel shows that they had on in the 80's and 90's. Now the Disney Channel has just gone downhill. The shows I watch are Phineas & Ferb and Wizards of Waverly Place.

MrsPinup
08-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I just liked the fb page :) I really miss KIDS incorporated and the Mickey Mouse Club that I used to watch in elementary school. If only they were on DVD....

smileycrissy
08-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Awesome thread!! I hope the higher ups do see this and make some sort of a change. Remember when Nick at Nite used to be on Nickelodeon and not it's own separate channel. They could do the same thing!

I liked the page on FB so I'm hoping other people I know will join it.

:banana: <---- I love this dancing banana! It makes me laugh all the time.

Yup I'm Goofy
09-02-2010, 10:49 PM
I would love to see the old Wonderful World of Disney, in all it's incarnations, rerun. They could just pick a time, any time, and start at the beginning and run one every day in order. That would be the best TV around. I grew up with that and especially liked the little stories, I think I remember one about a little raccon or bear running around Yellowstone. And I liked the tours of Disney Land, I remember one about the HM which my family watched before our trip to DL in the 60's. Nothing deep or thoughtful, just good wholesome entertainment. I would pay for that on cable.

fan of the TTA
09-04-2010, 10:42 AM
i agree.

well, i've not really thought about it until you mentioned it.. but i do miss old shows like recess and the weekenders!

all this hannah montanna and that's so raven stuff, it will die a death eventually, but right now it's boring me to tears

Alexander2010
09-04-2010, 11:01 PM
me and my family like the current Disney Channel. i would love to have the classic cartoons on a vintage channel.

i noticed they are starting a Disney Jr.

i am disappointed they do not have the classic cartoons on in the hotel rooms. we stayed in Movies and Caribbean Beach and they had it. then when we went to pop it wasn't there. i thought it was stoped at the values. then we stayed at POR, it wasn't there ether. i know they have the channel. if you don't know what i mean, it is the channel playing in the lobby of the hotels. anyone know what happen to it in the rooms?

i also "liked" the facebook page and then recommended it to my friends.

hsembrick
09-04-2010, 11:08 PM
versions of films - eg Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch etc

The Disney Channel currently does show these shows :happytv: but they are on really really early in the mornings. We DVR these shows for our kiddos to watch after school. :thumbsup2

TheAC29
02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Classic Disney Channel rules than todays Disney Channel. Disney Channel used to be a good show with teens from 80's, 90's and 2000-2005, now Disney Channel is getting lame with those Disney Songs remakes and Hannah Montana .Kids are now obsessed with it, instead of watching animated TV series and movies. Even Stevens and That's So Raven cannot be beaten by those shows today, I like Even Stevens with Shia LaBeouf in the show it will be hysterical to watch. The movies from the 80's and 90's they just rarely show it on Disney Channel. BRING BACK THE CLASSIC OF DISNEY CHANNEL!

wittyheroine
03-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I second that. :)

Shimey013
03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I would love to see a Vintage disney channel, i have been thinking bout this for awhile actually, cause it seems like the new stuff just doesnt do anything for some of the older fans, i would love to see more Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Oswald Cartoons, I dont think there is enough of those on TV and they are almost impossible to find on dvd. I wouldnt mind seeing some of the old MM Club series either...I loved disney channel alot more then...nothing against the new stuff, just the older stuff is more my preference.

crocko
03-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Just saw this thread.

Brilliant idea!! Would love to watch some of the Disney shows from when I was kid...and even those from before I was a kid. Must have!!