PDA

View Full Version : Sales/Good Deals for Things You Need on a Disney Trip

SRUAlmn
05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
We're getting closer to our summer trip, and as I'm thinking about what I need to pack, I thought it might be fun to have a place for people to post when there are sales on things that people might typically need to take on their WDW trips.

Things such as:

Pocket Bac from Bath & Body
Crocs shoes
Bottled Water
Personal Fans
Mini Backpacks
Running Shoes
Wet Ones
First Aid Supplies
Etc...

Please be sure to post the store, item, sale price, and valid dates for the sale.

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

SRUAlmn
05-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Disney Outlet
has kids t-shirts on sale, normally $16.50, on sale for $6.99

Bath & Body Works
Pocket Bac for $1 each (they have this sale often, but I'm a germaphobe and go through this stuff like crazy at WDW, so I take a lot :rotfl:)

DisneyAndRedSox
05-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Crocs (Crocs.com)-
I watch the outlet everyday on Crocs.com, google for discounts and free shipping codes. I find late morning and early afternoon is when new colors are added. DD now has about 7 pairs of crocs for this summer and I paid $8 plus free shipping at the most for each pair (some I bought last winter, some this spring-not all at once!) Even have 2 pairs put aside in the next larger size.

mommy2twingles
05-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Target has water misters in the dollar spot area for $2.50. The do not have a fan but sprays a little water. I bought one for my weekend at the races next week.

SRUAlmn
05-23-2010, 09:23 AM
I found these journals in the Dollar Aisle at Michaels for $2. I got the Mickey Heads from Home Depot and peeled them off the backing and glued them on the front. I can't decide which I like better :goodvibes The insides are made up of lined paper (wide ruled) and each journal has 100 pages. Great journal to take notes in during our trip for only $2 !!!! Guess I'll have one for next year now too :thumbsup2

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/July%202010/100_1051.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/July%202010/100_1052.jpg
The blue Mickey is a little bumpy because I tried hot glue first and it was too chunky. A glue stick worked best!

RmrJmrGrl
05-23-2010, 09:29 AM
LOVE the journals...very crafty! :)

SRUAlmn
05-23-2010, 09:31 AM
LOVE the journals...very crafty! :)

Thanks! I thought about getting some ribbon and tying it through the grommet on the front to add a little more flair. I'll post pics if I do :)

disneydreamingdebby
05-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Activities for the kids while traveling:

I am going to buy window markers for the drive. I plan on using a coupon for 40% off at Michaels or AC Moore.

I picked up a cranium game and 20 questions at our local $5 Below store. (I picked these up in the fall, but our store constantly stocks items like this.)

Misters at Walmart - 7.97

littlezar
05-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I bought Toy Story and Cars temporary tattoos from the Dollar Spot at Target last Wednesday. :)

pmdeve
05-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks for starting this post. I only have 46 days, so I am ready to get my things together.

SRUAlmn
05-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for starting this post. I only have 46 days, so I am ready to get my things together.

YAY! We have 55 days :banana: I'm a teacher, so my focus right now is getting school finished in the next 2 weeks and then I can really :banana::banana::banana: about our trip!

leebee
05-23-2010, 02:18 PM
We will be at Disney for 10 days so will need to do a load of laundry; I am NOT going to pay the airlines for a second bag! I just got Purex Complete 3-in-1 sheets, which have detergent, anti-static, and softener in them... for free, by going online to the Purex website.

SRUAlmn
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
We will be at Disney for 10 days so will need to do a load of laundry; I am NOT going to pay the airlines for a second bag! I just got Purex Complete 3-in-1 sheets, which have detergent, anti-static, and softener in them... for free, by going online to the Purex website.

Thanks!! I just went to get one too! It says it will come in 6-8 weeks, so that should be soon enough for our trip :)

Marshay
05-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Joining in ... AC Moore has 50% coupon for today only.

Last week it was good for all week so I printed copies for each of my family (including my 1year old) and we all bought small toys for the trip -- drawing pad, Toy Story 3 activity book and Toy Story 3 Color Wonder Set.

I was happy to see TS products since this will be big (at least for us) this year with the movie next month and Disney in July.

bmldisney
05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Joining in too!! 56 days:banana::banana:

SRUAlmn
05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Joining in too!! 56 days:banana::banana:

You get there the day after us :goodvibes Your ticker says Star Wars weekend, but those are in June :confused3

bmldisney
05-23-2010, 05:29 PM
My son picked out the ticker. :rotfl:

I wish we were going for Star Wars Weekends. Maybe next year........

KiKi Mouse
05-23-2010, 05:36 PM
What brand(s) of window markers are good?

SRUAlmn
05-23-2010, 06:40 PM

:rotfl: I thought maybe they added more dates or something :rotfl:

santadog
05-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Where to begin?

I went to the dollar section at Target, and bought tubes of 15 glow "bracelets" for $1 (perfect for night time events)

At the Dollar Tree (a local Dollar store) I found 2 packs of Glow Necklaces, 2 packs of Ponchos and collapsible umbrellas

I haven't gone yet, but if you have a Brick and Mortar Disney Outlet nearby, call them next weekend. They tend to have sales on the holiday weekends. Last Easter, I got kids T-Shirts for $2.50 each: bought 1 for each day of our trip, and gave Sophie a brand new, never before seen shirt each day of our vacation.

gillenkl
05-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I was at Walgreens/Happy Harry's tonight and picked up a few boxes of Wyler's drink packets you add to water for
$1. They had the kind that said "Hydrating" with electrolytes which I haven't seen around here before. Now I don't have to drag gatorade with me.

teedisney
05-23-2010, 08:37 PM
15 days for us. I have started my Disney "stuff" bag. Suncreen is on sale a lot of places this week. I also got small misters on carabiners from Walmart today. We have a big one but I realized we won't have a stroller this time to stuff everything in!! I got shirts from the Disney store for less than $5 including adults last month.

We really don't need much else but it is getting close fast!!

SnowWhite33
05-23-2010, 10:08 PM
The wal mart close to me has large bottles of Listerine with a small bonus bottle-it's around 10 oz I think, so larger than travel size and perfect for 2 to share on a week long trip- for $4.

Also got a glo wand and glo sword from the dollar tree.

Dollar tree and Target both had Princess, Tink, Power Ranger and Cars socks for kids. Dollar tree also had some cute girls socks 3 pr/$1. We are staying at the Poly so will have the beach and I picked up Little Mermaid and Toy Story sand molds.

15 more days :woohoo:

mommy2_3
05-23-2010, 10:19 PM
i went to the dollar tree and got disney coloring books, disney swimmies, a little first aid kit, hand soap, little travel size hand santizer.

Carl Fredricksen
05-23-2010, 11:14 PM

Those are great, and the price was right! Got mine in the mail last week.

disneydreamingdebby
05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
What brand(s) of window markers are good?
I like the Crayola Window Markers...their points are like reg markers. I had other ones that had a roller ball in them and I didn't like them as much.

Crayola also makes window crayons, but I've never tried them.

I wish I had known about the 50% ACMoore yesterday. Oh well. I have some weeks to go to catch another one.

SRUAlmn
05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Michaels Dollar Aisle (items are actually $1-$5) has lots of Disney toys for anyone trying to pack a car/ariplane bag with new things their kids haven't seen/played with yet. They had coloring books, puzzles, those paddle boards with the rubber ball attached ;) , sticker books, 'jewelry' sets, etc.. They actually had a LOT of great stuff. I don't have kids, so I bought it for the prize box at school since I'm a teacher :lmao: My 'kids' were thrilled!!

ScoobySMC
05-25-2010, 11:37 PM
:surfweb:

Marshay
05-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Modell's has the Disney Silly Bandz (those silicone bracelet that kids wear in the shape of Disney characters -- princesses, Mickey/Friends, Toy Story, Fairies, etc) for $5.99.

Not really a sale or good deal, but if you want to get them before everyone else ... even Disney hasn't been selling them yet, according to people who've come back on DIS.

These silly bandz are a big hit with my DD4 and her preschool friends ... so I can't wait to surprise her with the Mickey and Fairy ones for our July trip!:goodvibes

disneydreamingdebby
05-26-2010, 05:56 PM
We picked up the Disney Silly Bands when we stopped in for our Phillies T's. I was surprised; they had classic Mickey, Princesses, Tink, maybe even others!

DVCBELLE
05-26-2010, 06:18 PM
OH - I will have to get the Disney silly bandz! Our trip isn't until September but I am trying to get stuff here and there!!

I was in the Target dollar spot today and lots of Toy story items - including the dry erase boards - my kids LOVE those!!

Duckyiam71
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
I got these spinners for $2.95. Better than spending $15 for the ones at WDW. http://www.premierglow.com/Light_up_Toys.31/Mickey_Ball_Spinner.281.html 24 more days!
This idea came from another Dis'er! Thanks.

DVCBELLE
05-27-2010, 08:16 AM
I got these spinners for $2.95. Better than spending $15 for the ones at WDW. http://www.premierglow.com/Light_up_Toys.31/Mickey_Ball_Spinner.281.html 24 more days!
OMG -Thank you for that link!! I am going with 4 kids - such a great deal!!!

SDSorority
05-27-2010, 08:24 AM
At World Market they have these great flexible cold packs for $4.99. I got one so we can bring lunches into the park, and it'll fit around my food in my park bag. No cooler required :cool1::thumbsup2

4disneyfreakazoids
05-27-2010, 09:54 AM
The disney store is having a memorial day sale! 25% off $100 & you can combine the free shipping deal!!!

Kara
05-27-2010, 10:31 AM

We are flying, are these ok to pack in our checked bags?? I was going to get some glo necklaces or wands too.

SRUAlmn
05-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Will someone please post if they see any great deals for Sephora/Philosophy? I know this might sound totally lame, but I have special Disney Trip Shampoo. :blush: It's kind of expensive, so I save it just for trips to WDW and since your smell is the strongest sense tied to memory I love it because now that smell makes me think of Disney. A few times a year, when I'm missing the World, I'll use that shampoo and I'm right back there, showering at my Disney Resort and planning out our day in my head :) :)

Duckyiam71
05-29-2010, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=Kara;36784603]We are flying, are these ok to pack in our checked bags?? I was going to get some glo necklaces or wands too.[/QUOTEC

Kara, the spinners are safe to pack in your checked baggage. Just to be safe though pack them in the middle of your suitcase because they have a plastic outside.

disneydreamingdebby
05-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Will someone please post if they see any great deals for Sephora/Philosophy? I know this might sound totally lame, but I have special Disney Trip Shampoo. :blush: It's kind of expensive, so I save it just for trips to WDW and since your smell is the strongest sense tied to memory I love it because now that smell makes me think of Disney. A few times a year, when I'm missing the World, I'll use that shampoo and I'm right back there, showering at my Disney Resort and planning out our day in my head :) :)

I bought the H2O line used at the Poly for the same reason. Unfortunately, we were there during Faye, so the smell reminds me of all of the rain! Not quite the Disney memory I was looking for. :rotfl2:

Are you familiar with www.retailmenot.com ? You can look for sephora coupons, philosophy's site etc.

crazelion
05-29-2010, 09:16 PM
I am on I-Tunes now downloading music, movies and games for my trip.

For the Kids in mp3 players I bought 2 pack 2 Gig SD cards for15 bucks. Believe or not i bought last one. I have been to five stores looking for SD cards and they was all sold out for the holiday weekend.

dutchdisneyfamily
05-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Kohl's has Toy Story characters and books for $5 right now. My boys are big fans, so we picked up those.

My husband got a great deal on ebags.com because it's Memorial Day weekend for our park bags.

I saw the Disney outlet store had kids T-shirts for $5. Also, Kohl's had Phineas and Ferb and Star Wars ones on sale. We picked up a few of those. Nothing like a big platypus face to get people's attention :rotfl2:

SRUAlmn
05-29-2010, 09:37 PM
I bought the H2O line used at the Poly for the same reason. Unfortunately, we were there during Faye, so the smell reminds me of all of the rain! Not quite the Disney memory I was looking for. :rotfl2:

Are you familiar with www.retailmenot.com ? You can look for sephora coupons, philosophy's site etc.

No I haven't. Thanks!!

Was at Walgreens tonight. Their toy/summer fun aisle has a TON of Disney stuff. One of the cutest things I saw were photo album/autograph book combos. They were $5 and were like half the size of a sheet of paper. They were tri-fold and when opened had one section that could hold about 10 pictures and one section with a notebook and pen that you could use for autographs. They had princesses and Mickey and something else, but I forget what it was...sorry!

aceys_h0ney
05-30-2010, 07:01 AM
At Walgreens I got some of the spinners similar to above with a neckalace attached. Smaller then Disney's but much cheaper (2.99) and great for my 2 year old.
They also had some cool coloring and activity books 2/$1.00. Also had the Disney silly bands for $4.00.

Food Lion has their brand of sunscreen BOGO through August. Prices are $6.99 to $8.99. They also had a lot of Better Crocker snacks and other stuff on closeout with tons of coupons out there. I got a lot of our snacks for the week on closeout.

If you have an Ollie's near you (not sure where they are located) they have Bannana Boat sunscreen for $2.99 and often have Crocs for around $15 but lately they have just had winter styles.

Our Belk is having a big sale this weekend with an addtional 50% off clearance items. I found some summer stuff for my kids. They had swimsuits 50% off at least in the kids department I did not look in others.

My oldest daughter needed new shorts and I found several brand new with tags at our local Goodwill for $3. We check in there from time to time with 4 kids who grow so fast we usually find some great stuff.

We also stocked up on little trinket type toys and glow sticks at Dollar Tree. We also found some good snacks and those little travel packs of drink mix to put in water bottles. They also had the small handheld fans. (Nothing fancy but will work and I don't want to get 6 of the huge water misting fans).

Ok I think that is all I remember, we just did some major shopping for our upcoming trip yesterday and I think we went everywhere in our city looking for stuff. If you shop CVS and do the extra care bucks I have been using mine to get water misting fans.

aceys_h0ney
05-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh one last deal I forgot about. We have not gone yet but last trip we went to our local party supply store and bought graduation autograph books for an amazing closeout (like 90%) in early June. Then I got Disney stickers to cover all the graduation stuff on the book. They turned out great. They are really nice books with a plastic cover. Perfect size. Also there we found the huge pens (like 12 inch thick ones) that are wonderful for the gloved characters for $1.00. I need to go back and get stuff to make 2 more books so I am hoping they still have something similar.

My2BabiesLexis&Dill
05-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I am on I-Tunes now downloading music, movies and games for my trip.

For the Kids in mp3 players I bought 2 pack 2 Gig SD cards for15 bucks. Believe or not i bought last one. I have been to five stores looking for SD cards and they was all sold out for the holiday weekend.

I think Target and Big Lots have these on sale this weekend.

SnowWhite33
05-30-2010, 09:29 AM
More shopping yesterday-the luggage just keeps getting heavier :rotfl:

I found a tube of 15 glow bracelets at Michael's for $1-much better deal than the 5 packs at the dollar tree. I also picked up sticker books-they are generic non Disney Princess and Pirate-but got them at .49 cents so I thought the kids can use them to decorate their autograph books.

Disney Lanyards for $1-Princess, Fairies, and Toy Story-they are not very wide and have a clip at the bottom, would hold smaller pins ok.

Dollar tree-had Disney yo-yo balls, princess and Toy Story.

If you have a Deals store close by they have Disney swim goggles-some were $1, some $3-they had Princess, TS, Cars, and Dora and they also had Nemo swim sets with mask, fins and snorkel. They also had Disney arm floats and small swim rings.

SRUAlmn:

Was at Walgreens tonight. Their toy/summer fun aisle has a TON of Disney stuff. One of the cutest things I saw were photo album/autograph book combos. They were $5 and were like half the size of a sheet of paper. They were tri-fold and when opened had one section that could hold about 10 pictures and one section with a notebook and pen that you could use for autographs. They had princesses and Mickey and something else, but I forget what it was...sorry!

I was on a quest yesterday to try and find something to use as an autograph book that didn't cost as much as the park ones-I struck out :sad2: I'm going to try Walgreens, last time I tried to find the light up spin toys I searched 4 stores before quitting, hopefully I'll have better luck with the books.

xxliz28xx
05-30-2010, 11:24 AM
This week, Target's big beach towels are on sale from $10 to $8. I've been waiting for this since they came out because I bought them last year at $10 and then kicked myself when they went on sale. :lmao: I always like to get a new beach towel for summer. :)

They're also having a 10% off sale on sunscreen. My sunscreen and sunscreen spray are still good from last year, however. But I need to get a new sunscreen stick. I use that on my face/ears throughout the day and I avoid getting the greasy stuff all over my hands. :)

yeahdisney
05-30-2010, 11:55 AM
I got two of these with Mickey Mouse on them they are red in color with Mickey. The other ones not listed in this thread was cars. It was either 5.99 or 6.99, it is about 6 X 5". I was able to unthread the autograph part and then I added scrapbook plain blank pages and regular writing pages so the kids could add any thoughts they had. I left them unthread in the book after the trip I will rethread them. They are surprises for the kids and so far I love them. They come with a pen. The sheets with them have a boarder of disney all the way around them -cute. Now I'm pretty sure a marker will bleed to the next page- so you are aware, that is way I did add scrapbook paper every five pages, if needed I quickly get one out and stick it between the pages to stop the bleed.

JMD1979
05-30-2010, 12:21 PM
I like the Crayola Window Markers...their points are like reg markers. I had other ones that had a roller ball in them and I didn't like them as much.

Crayola also makes window crayons, but I've never tried them.

I wish I had known about the 50% ACMoore yesterday. Oh well. I have some weeks to go to catch another one.

We have never tried the Crayola Window Markers. However, we did experience the Window Crayons. They are really fun but super messy. I would recomend them for home under major supervision but during travel they could get a bit on the messy side;)

My now DH and I went on a trip to the world in our Senoir year of high school and his Mom got us shampoo to take that smelled so good! For a good year or more I would occasionally get some and it brought on such strong memories of our trip! After a while the hype died down and I got it less and less until one day I decided to look for it again and it was nowhere to be found:sad1: Now to this day I don't remember what it was called but I would love to be able to smell that smell again.

Jeana

SRUAlmn
05-30-2010, 02:04 PM
I was just at ROSS today and they are having a HUGE luggage sale. I was in need of a new suitcase, so I checked out what they had and there were some pretty good values. I say 'value' and not 'deal' because the prices aren't super low, but are great in comparison to the retail price. I got a large green and pink Tommy Hilfiger rolling suitcase for $60, but it was originally $300 !!! :)

aceys_h0ney
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Does anyone feel like posting a picture of the autograph type books you are finding at Walgreens? I am in need of two books still and would love to find one. Also are you finding them in the summer stuff or with the books and other toys? Thanks!

tinkerbell615
05-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Just returned from a little shopping trip with the Crayola window markers and some of the glow sticks.

Can anyone tell me how easily the window markers come off of the windows? Do they run down the car if it rains? Are they easy to remove with windex?

SRUAlmn
05-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Does anyone feel like posting a picture of the autograph type books you are finding at Walgreens? I am in need of two books still and would love to find one. Also are you finding them in the summer stuff or with the books and other toys? Thanks!

They are in the aisle with the summer stuff. I can probably head back over there tonight or tomorrow and take a picture :goodvibes

SnowWhite33
05-30-2010, 03:34 PM
They are in the aisle with the summer stuff. I can probably head back over there tonight or tomorrow and take a picture :goodvibes

I'm going to have to go and take a peak at those-they sound really nice. I have to find something though that will fit in my bag, which is about the size of a Vera Bradley Mini Hipster.

pmdeve
05-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Headed out tomorrow to get spinners at Walgreens and Dollar Tree for glow sticks. Thanks for the info!

smom1976
05-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Got some Disney Color wonder sets at toys R us so that I don't get any marker in my VAN.

Got a Battery operated fan from Bed bath and beyond. they have a bunch of options.

water bottles from walmart the funtainers 12 hours of cold and Disney prints and the mouth of the bottle large enough for ice machines.

making a mental note to pick up spinners and glow tubes.
and the car paint sounds fun!

SRUAlmn
05-30-2010, 06:50 PM
water bottles from walmart the funtainers 12 hours of cold and Disney prints and the mouth of the bottle large enough for ice machines.

Do you have a picture of these, or a link to a picture online? Sounds cute :goodvibes

disneydreamingdebby
05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Just returned from a little shopping trip with the Crayola window markers and some of the glow sticks.

Can anyone tell me how easily the window markers come off of the windows? Do they run down the car if it rains? Are they easy to remove with windex?

I used them on the door of my classroom to write weekly quotes; I sprayed windex on them and wiped them clean. I think that rain would cause them to run. I plan on buying windex wipes (generic) for my daughters to use to clean the windows of our van.

disneygymmom
05-30-2010, 07:10 PM
At Walmart today got cute clip on personal fans for $1.50. They also had the mister ones for $2.50. Got 4 in different colors for our Aug. trip.:cool1:

SRUAlmn
05-30-2010, 07:12 PM
At Walmart today got cute clip on personal fans for $1.50. They also had the mister ones for $2.50. Got 4 in different colors for our Aug. trip.:cool1:

Are the mini mister ones in the same area with the bigger ones? By the fans and hardware? I'm headed to Walmart tomorrow to see if I can find them :)

disneydreamingdebby
05-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Crayola's site has two really cool 'light' activities free with $40 and $50 purchase. One is some type of color wonder with paint. The other is more of a light that fades? not sure about this technology to explain it. They each retail for over $20.

I think I am going to see if I can purchase them at the store- )shipping was $8 and I didn't need $40 worth of items. If I knew of birthdays approaching, I could buy something to stock.) They seem like they would be cool for the night portion of our drive this summer.

edk35
05-30-2010, 08:26 PM
What is Pocket Bac from Bath & Body

poohbear8
05-30-2010, 09:01 PM
What is Pocket Bac from Bath & Body

I believe they are referring to the small pocket size bottles of the anti-bacterial hand soap that B&B sells for $1.00.

edk35
05-30-2010, 09:06 PM
I believe they are referring to the small pocket size bottles of the anti-bacterial hand soap that B&B sells for $1.00.

oh okay thanks:thumbsup2

tinkerbell615
05-30-2010, 09:08 PM
I used them on the door of my classroom to write weekly quotes; I sprayed windex on them and wiped them clean. I think that rain would cause them to run. I plan on buying windex wipes (generic) for my daughters to use to clean the windows of our van.

That's a great idea. I have never purchased windex wipes. I will have to look for them. Thanks.

SRUAlmn
05-30-2010, 10:16 PM

Yes, sorry, that's what they are! I'm a teacher and go through this stuff like crazy, so I'm down with the lingo :lmao:

SRUAlmn
05-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Pictures of photo/autograph books from Walgreens. They are $5.99. Sorry the pictures aren't great, but they are covered in plastic, so they were very reflective!

The fronts - they had Mickey, Minnie, and Princesses
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1089.jpg

The 3 books opened (they're tri-fold)
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1090.jpg

Each one closer up
Minnie
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1091.jpg

Mickey
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1092.jpg

Princess
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1093.jpg

aceys_h0ney
05-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the pictures! Those are awesome I hope I can find some at my store. Thankfully I have about 6 near me to check out. Hubs is going to love another day of running from store to store looking for Disney stuff. :rotfl:

teedisney
05-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Those books were only $2 at my walgreens. I shouldhave bought them all for my fellow disers. Unfortunately I am 30 minutes from one or I'd go back.

SRUAlmn
05-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Those books were only $2 at my walgreens. I shouldhave bought them all for my fellow disers. Unfortunately I am 30 minutes from one or I'd go back.

WHAT!?!? Were they on sale? How could the same chain of stores have such different pricing? Maybe it's because I live near the beach and it's sort of a vacationey area so they can have 'tourist pricing!' ;)

teedisney
05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes clearance. WHAT!?!? Were they on sale? How could the same chain of stores have such different pricing? Maybe it's because I live near the beach and it's sort of a vacationey area so they can have 'tourist pricing!' ;)

Sunbeamblue2002
05-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Well then the Walgreens I went to yesterday didn't know about the sale cause I paid 5.99 for mine (the tri fold autograph books) also and no one is coming from were I live they are flocking out of town. So maybe she got lucky with a sale. We needed four and only could find 3 the guy my husband ask said they only get like 10 per shipment and he wasn't sure that they were gonna get anymore so maybe they were getting ready to be marked down.

SnowWhite33
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
So are you guys asking for these? I couldn't find them anywhere at the Walgreens near me. I'm going back out to look again tomorrow-I'd pay the 5.99 for those, but would LOVE to have them at 2.00.

Couldn't find the spinners either-I'm giving up on those :rotfl2:

aceys_h0ney
05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
I found them at mine tonight. They were $5.99. Mine were in the regular toy isle not with the summer stuff. The Wags I went to has the books (regular coloring books and stuff) in racks on the top part of a shelf and on the shelf below that was a blue box with the autograph books standing up in them.

MickeyP
05-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Dang! I need 2 of those Minnie books. I'll pay 5.99.

MickeyP
05-31-2010, 08:48 PM
I meant "want". Did I really write NEED? This board makes me crazy!

kaysmommie
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Those autograph/photo books are very cute. I love this thread! Lots of good suggestions for stuff I need to pick up for the trip :).

aceys_h0ney
06-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Another thing to add, I am drawn back to Dollar Tree looking for stuff. Last night I found 3 packs of toothbrushes with the travel case. I picked those up for our trip. So for all 6 of us I only spent $2 for the cases and brushes. I also found small bottles of coffee creamer (sorry forgot brand but they are name brand) perfect size for the week.

SRUAlmn
06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Those autograph/photo books are very cute. I love this thread! Lots of good suggestions for stuff I need to pick up for the trip :).

Thanks! I started this thread so we could all help each other save some money, but now we all talk about cool things and then want to go buy them and end up spending MORE money :rotfl:

apnep
06-01-2010, 08:52 PM

We will be there for Star Wars on Sunday!! I'm not ready yet!!! I still have a million things to do!

Ang

SnowWhite33
06-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Thanks! I started this thread so we could all help each other save some money, but now we all talk about cool things and then want to go buy them and end up spending MORE money :rotfl:

:rotfl: Funny you say that, I have found out that the budget board is not good for me! I end up buying stuff at a bargain price that I probably wouldn't have bought at all.

But I really do NEED to get the grandkids an autograph book for the trip :rolleyes1

TheRatPack
06-02-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm going to check my Walgreens today....there are 2 very near me (within 10-15 miles) and then quite a few further out. If they are 2.00 I'll pick up some extras for the group :)

My oldest daughter (14) was asking the other day why she never got autographs at Disney like all the other kids she sees.....I told her she did, we got them for her when she was little, and the books are put up in her 'baby' stuff. I figured I'd get her another book this year so she could do it herself though LOL...that way she'll have the memory of it.

mommy2twingles
06-02-2010, 09:00 AM
My Walgreens had the books over with the picture frames.

DVCBELLE
06-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I found light up wands in Walgreens in the summer section. They are about a foot long and an inch around. there is a handle and then the light up part and in the light up part there are Cars, Princesses or Fairies. My DD8 said they were very cool! They either blink or stay solid depending on what they press.

TheRatPack
06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Okay....I need a Mickey book and a Minnie book from Walgreens. I went to 5 different ones this morning and only found Princess ones :( I have 2 extra Princess ones too....if anyone is interested :)

I found that most Walgreens in my area have them listed in their inventory but no one really had them LOL The manager of one store called 2 more stores and neither of them had them either :( even though they were listed as having 12. Oh well....can't say I didn't try LOL

IvyandLace
06-02-2010, 05:23 PM
I went to three different Walgreens today and finally found the books in question at the last Walgreens...they were actually located on the counter of the photo center :confused3 I would never have looked there...thankfully, I asked one of the workers and she knew what I was talking about.

:) IVY :)

SRUAlmn
06-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I found light up wands in Walgreens in the summer section. They are about a foot long and an inch around. there is a handle and then the light up part and in the light up part there are Cars, Princesses or Fairies. My DD8 said they were very cool! They either blink or stay solid depending on what they press.

Make sure to really check these out if you go to buy them. Our store had these too and they were in the display box that said Cars, Princesses, and Fairies, however, upon further inspection they were actually Princesses, Fairies, and SPIDERMAN :confused3

SnowWhite33
06-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I tried 4 more stores today and had no luck again with the books. I know they have been found in Lexington, which is where we are flying out of, since our flight is late afternoon we will be making a stop to try again.

mollybug2
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I went to Walgreen's last night and found a princess light up spinner and the long light up wand, both were $2.99 each. Just what I needed for the fall trip with my princess girl. WOOHOO! Thanks!

disneydreamingdebby
06-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Memo to all Walgreen Employees:

Be aware that there is a run on Disney notebooks. Apparently, there are some rather fanatical Disney fans on a mission to purchase these for use as autograph books for their upcoming WDW vacations. Please note: some of the customers may be upset as we haven't standardized the price from state to state.

As always, please be patient with the customers. They are ALWAYS right.

Have a great day!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

;)

smom1976
06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Do you have a picture of these, or a link to a picture online? Sounds cute :goodvibes

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13305_1411162355825_1135495014_1247398_335379_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13305_1411162435827_1135495014_1247399_1894510_n.j pg

smom1976
06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
BTW these water bottles (the plastic ones) were 4$ and i decorated them with stickers DH says dad and The Big Cheese. Grandmas says FAIRY grandmother and mine says minnie mom. The funtainers are like 12 at walmart but I found the first two tink and toy story for regular price.. the star wars was in the clearance isle.. with a broken top $3.. I called thermos and they replaced the top for free..

SRUAlmn
06-03-2010, 04:47 AM

Be aware that there is a run on Disney notebooks. Apparently, there are some rather fanatical Disney fans on a mission to purchase these for use as autograph books for their upcoming WDW vacations. Please note: some of the customers may be upset as we haven't standardized the price from state to state.

Have a great day!

;)

:rotfl::rotfl: Seriously! and you BETTER know where they're located when we get there :rotfl:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13305_1411162355825_1135495014_1247398_335379_n.jp g

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs065.snc3/13305_1411162435827_1135495014_1247399_1894510_n.j pg

SUPER CUTE!!!!!! Thanks for posting :) :) So the top ones come with the words and then you added the pictures, or are they plain and you added the words and the characters?

SnowWhite33
06-03-2010, 06:37 AM

Have a great day!

;)

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

SRUAlmn
06-03-2010, 02:52 PM
For anyone that has a Totes Outlet near them, I found a great park bag. Now, let me preface this by saying I don't have kids, but DH and I do put all of our things in one bag together. This has lots of pockets/compartments, and is that material that's more water resistant than regular backpacks (my bags always get soaked in July, so this was an important factor!)

These are $12.99 regular price, so not too bad even without a sale (considering I spent $30 last year on a white North Face mini backpack because I wanted it to match all my clothes and thought white would work best :rolleyes1 Guess I'm a Disney Diva :rotfl:) They had navy blue, this mauve/medium purple color, really light pastel purple, and brick red.

The front (with a zipper pocket)
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1098.jpg

The back (with another zipper pocket.) You can also see the straps can be zipped together so you can wear it as a shoulder bag, or unzip them and wear it as a backpack.
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1099.jpg

The inside (lots of pockets and little compartment areas.)
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1100.jpg

**NOTE: In real life the color is deeper than it looks in this picture. This looks more like the light purple choice they had. Mine is more of a medium/deep purple in person :)

smom1976
06-03-2010, 08:52 PM
plain and i used my scrap booking letters :)

disneydreamingdebby
06-03-2010, 09:14 PM

LOVE THEM!!!

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/srualmn/Random%20Things/100_1098.jpg

:)

This is cute; it reminds me of my Vera Bradley small backpack (the old style)...I don't think the redesigned ones aren't as compact. This tote one seems like it would be good for water rides/ rainstorms. If only they had it in lime green... ;)

2DisPrincesses
06-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Okay....I need a Mickey book and a Minnie book from Walgreens. I went to 5 different ones this morning and only found Princess ones :( I have 2 extra Princess ones too....if anyone is interested :)

I found that most Walgreens in my area have them listed in their inventory but no one really had them LOL The manager of one store called 2 more stores and neither of them had them either :( even though they were listed as having 12. Oh well....can't say I didn't try LOL

Do you just need one of each?

I just got some at my Walgreens, and I think they had a couple more of Mickey and Minnie. I have to do some running around tomorrow and would be happy to stop see if they still have them and send them your way if you'd like.

TheRatPack
06-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Do you just need one of each?

I just got some at my Walgreens, and I think they had a couple more of Mickey and Minnie. I have to do some running around tomorrow and would be happy to stop see if they still have them and send them your way if you'd like.

Yes, just one of each would be great!!! My oldest dd really wants to gather up character autographs again (we did it when she was a baby) and we have since then also adopted 3 children....so the 2 oldest want to get the autographs too....who can deny them that LOL

TheRatPack
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
I still have 2 extra Princess photo album/autograph books if anyone is interested. If not I plan on returning them tomorrow....so please just let me know :)

Disneycrazymom
06-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Has anyone found a good lanyard to carry our tickets and fast passes in? I would like to get them before we go and have not really found anything.

Love the water bottles. And I think I may have to see whats at my Walgreens too! gotta love the "budget" board always costing me money!

SRUAlmn
06-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Has anyone found a good lanyard to carry our tickets and fast passes in? I would like to get them before we go and have not really found anything.

We just nixed the lanyard idea because they are kind of a pain. When you lean over, they swing around, and it's so hot that the last thing we wanted was something else hanging on us and another strap around our neck ;)

What we did last time that worked great was a tip we got here on the DIS. We bought the carabiners that have the retractable string and then we bought plastic ID card holders and attached them to the carabiner. We then attached the carabiner into a section of our backpack and when it was time to get out our cards for EMH or to enter the park we could just pull on the plastic pouch, get out the card, put it back in and release the pull string back into the bag. It was GREAT for EMH now that you have to show your card at each ride. We could just pull the string, show the ID, and then let it go back into the bag. I hope I'm explaining this properly :)

These are the carabiners (office max had packs with multiple colors so we could keep everyone's separate)
http://www.amazon.com/Carabiner-Retractable-Key-ID-Badge-Holder-Individually/dp/B001OVDGFK

DVCBELLE
06-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Love the water bottles. And I think I may have to see whats at my Walgreens too! gotta love the "budget" board always costing me money!
I like the idea SRUalum posted but we got lanyards at Michaels for $1 - they had cars, toy story, princesses and fairies!

I was also in hobby lobby and they have standard lanyards that are just colored string and badge holders.

Marshay
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I went looking for the light up spinners but couldn't find them either.

I did get glo-sticks and glo-wands/necklace/bracelets from Dollar Tree and finally found the 2 gallon "ziploc" bags to put our clothes in each day.

Also, Dollar Tree had Disney Princess/Fairies/Cars brown lunch bags and sandwich size 'ziploc' bags. I picked up a few to use for snacks and surprises on the way down/while at Disney to just add that extra special magic!:goodvibes

MarthaJr.
06-04-2010, 08:03 PM
If you have a Pick 'N Save/Copp's near you they have Banana Boat sunscreen on sale for BOGO.

*2 bottles of the 30 SPF spray for $9.99 and my $1 off coupon (doubled- of course because I went on double coupon day) for a total of $7.99 ---that's less than half price per can!

disneydreamingdebby
06-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Five and Below has multiple Toy Story 3 games and puzzles already. They also had glow bracelets and necklaces, sunscreen Banana boat maybe $5, tons of princess and fairies books, pens, stationary stuff, etc.

funkychunkymonkey
06-05-2010, 10:13 PM
kmart online has many travel type games in its clearance section.
Learning shop has design you own (white cover) 50 page journals marked down to $3

poohbear8
06-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I bought a ziplock ID case on Ebay last year and had it hanging from my lanyard. When it got hot, I just stuck it in my backpack. I kept out photopass card in it. A ziplock was important since the year before I had lost one on a ride with a regular plastic case. (which is why you should ALWAYS take a picture of the card number or send yourself a text with it!)

My room key I kept in a small velcro wallet in my back pocket.

disneydreamingdebby
06-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Old Navy has tank tops $2 each today. Many stores opened at 7 (on East Coast anyway). Stocked up for my girls and myself.

SRUAlmn
06-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Old Navy has tank tops $2 each today. Many stores opened at 7 (on East Coast anyway). Stocked up for my girls and myself.

Headed there in about 15 minutes :) :) Is it regular stores or outlets too?

disneydreamingdebby
06-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Headed there in about 15 minutes :) :) Is it regular stores or outlets too?

You've probably been there and back already... I went to the store. Don't know about the outlet.

SRUAlmn
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
You've probably been there and back already... I went to the store. Don't know about the outlet.

I went to the store too, but I heard others in the store saying the outlet did it as well. Had no idea they were opening at 7:00!!! I ran out right after I saw your post and they were SOLD OUT. Was there no limit? I got lucky after being in the store for about 20 minutes, a person who worked there had rounded up some she found lying around the store and I got 2 plain white ones. It actually works great because I was looking for plain white cheap tanks to iron designs onto from the Creative DISigns board! :thumbsup2

madge
06-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I went to the store too, but I heard others in the store saying the outlet did it as well. Had no idea they were opening at 7:00!!! I ran out right after I saw your post and they were SOLD OUT. Was there no limit? I got lucky after being in the store for about 20 minutes, a person who worked there had rounded up some she found lying around the store and I got 2 plain white ones. It actually works great because I was looking for plain white cheap tanks to iron designs onto from the Creative DISigns board! :thumbsup2

the ON here was pretty much wiped out of women's sizes before 10am. I did grab one for my DD ... I was actually more interested in the $8 swim trunks for DH and DS. LOL.

and there was a limit of 5.

smom1976
06-17-2010, 07:04 PM
went to the dollar tree and found glow necklaces. One pack contained two necklaces and two bracelets and four connectors. Only 1$

then a package of 5 bracelets was $1

they also had pixie zip lock bags.

starann
06-17-2010, 08:49 PM
I found, in Walmart for about $5 a mini misting fan. It's on a keychain (not really, one of those things mountain climbers use...carribiener). It holds only a little water, and 1 battery, but it will be A LOT easier/compact to carry around if needed.

Target's Dollar Spot had some marker/activity set with TS and Cars which will be good for the plane ride.

I hear SOME Walmarts have the Purex sheets on sale for $2 or 3, and if you request a sample from Purex, it comes with a coupon.

SRUAlmn
06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
I FINALLY found the carabiner mini misting fans at Wal-Mart today! ($4) :cool1: They were on some random end shelf that had nothing else but a tiny box of these, and then the regular mini fans without misters. They were in the paint section :confused3

Kara
06-18-2010, 12:29 AM
any place to get the misting fans online?

nctrish
06-18-2010, 01:25 PM
I plan on getting a foam lap desk from One Step Ahead for my daughter on the 10+ hour drive to Disney. I also found it for a tad bit cheaper on Amazon since we have Prime.

SRUAlmn
06-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Due to the release of Toy Story 3, Wal-Mart was putting out a HUGE aisle of Toy Story toys and summer water things on Thursday :goodvibes

starann
06-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I was in Five Below yesterday and they had disposable waterproof Cameras for $5! These would be great for the water parks and certain rides (like the water one in AK)!!!!!

tinkerbell615
06-19-2010, 09:09 AM
I have been browsing this thread, but have not read through every post, so I apologize if this has already been asked.

I am looking for a shoe bag organizer, the one that hangs over your door, so that I can use it to put shampoo, conditioner, deoderant, etc... in it and not have to leave it all on the sink. I got that idea from the Disboards. Does anyone know where I might find one at a reasonable price?

mdrob214
06-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I have been browsing this thread, but have not read through every post, so I apologize if this has already been asked.

I am looking for a shoe bag organizer, the one that hangs over your door, so that I can use it to put shampoo, conditioner, deoderant, etc... in it and not have to leave it all on the sink. I got that idea from the Disboards. Does anyone know where I might find one at a reasonable price?

I got mine at the dollar store. It's not fancy,, but it does the job and has made it through 2 trips and going on a 3rd soon.

pmdeve
06-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Got mine at the Dollar store too. It's great and keeps the vanity from being cluttered.

poohbear8
06-19-2010, 02:46 PM
I found one at the Dollar Tree, but it didn't hang well at the Value resorts and the wire shelf in the closet area. Last year I took it and some spring clothes pins. They worked great to hold it up. The clothes pins were a HUGE help also to hang the items we washed in the sink. They were dry in a day vs being slightly damp from laying over the clothes line in the tub area.

starann
06-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I found the Mickey (and Minnie nad Princess) books at Walgreens!

For those still looking, try looking in the photo album section. That is where they were in 2 of the Walgreens I looked.

For those in the Lehigh Valley area, the Walgreen on S.Ville Rd in Bethlehem had them...........tons of them!

book_junkie
06-19-2010, 05:25 PM
went to the dollar tree and found glow necklaces. One pack contained two necklaces and two bracelets and four connectors. Only 1$

then a package of 5 bracelets was $1

they also had pixie zip lock bags.

OK, stupid question, but does anyone know if you can take these in CARRY-ON luggage? I'd love to get these ahead of time and hand 'em out to kids when my mom and I are at the Halloween Party during our girl's trip, but I don't want to get checked at security because I have "illegal" items... :goodvibes

I've had good luck finding Disney themed stuff lately at our Target spot, and at the party center at the local Wal-Mart...

Figment's Girl
06-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Joann Fabrics has a lot of their kids' activities/kids' camp stuff on sale that I'm going to put in our activity box for the kids. And I think they are just trying clear it out, so the sale should be on going.

pmdeve
06-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm headed out to Joanne's tomorrow morning. Thanks.

poohbear8
06-19-2010, 10:12 PM
I am not sure about the glow sticks in carry on. Last year I couldn't get a positive answer (I've read yes and no on this board), so I found the post office VHS box held the tubes from Dollar Tree perfectly. I just mailed them down to my hotel.

My reasoning was if they took them at security, I'd have to waste time and gas to find another Dollar Tree, so it was worth the $4 to just mail them and know I would have them. In the end, I had extras, so I found a mom the day we left and offered the extra ones to her.

erisgirl44
06-19-2010, 10:28 PM
at Michael's there are like 15 glowstick braclets or necklaces for $1. That's a better bargain that even the dollar store.

2DisPrincesses
06-21-2010, 11:08 AM

Just wanted to say that the Funtainers by Thermos are FANTASTIC. We just got back and it was HOT- 105+ with the humidity. My girls each used one and there was still ice in them after about 10 hours. They worked so well, my DH wants me to find the Star Wars one for him.:rotfl:

Marshay
06-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Just wanted to say that the Funtainers by Thermos are FANTASTIC. We just got back and it was HOT- 105+ with the humidity. My girls each used one and there was still ice in them after about 10 hours. They worked so well, my DH wants me to find the Star Wars one for him.:rotfl:

Hmm, I've never seen these before. Where do you get them?

gillenkl
06-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Funtainers by Thermos - can anyone tell me which store you got them and in which department. I've checked 2 Walmarts and can't find them.

4Pirates&APrincess
06-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Funtainers by Thermos - can anyone tell me which store you got them and in which department. I've checked 2 Walmarts and can't find them.

They have them at Walmart around me. They are in the aisle with the kids plates and bowls. I think that it is actually at the end of an aisle with rubbermaid containers. I saw the Toy Story and Tinker Bell ones just last week.

mdrob214
06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Target has them in the camping/sports dept. In mine they were near the Nalgene water bottles. They are cute and I almost got them--wish they had larger bottles for me.

gillenkl
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
They have them at Walmart around me. They are in the aisle with the kids plates and bowls. I think that it is actually at the end of an aisle with rubbermaid containers. I saw the Toy Story and Tinker Bell ones just last week.

thanks - I went back today and found them exactly where you said.....they had Dora, Toy Story, Hannah Montana and Princesses.

shanasbananas
06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Also on walmart.com if you can't find them in the store. They'll ship to your local store for free. :thumbsup2

tweedlemom
06-25-2010, 03:34 PM
I was in Party City yesterday and they had glow necklaces for 50% off. Also, they had glowstick eyeglasses that were clearanced for only 50 cents each!:banana:

disneydreamingdebby
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/deborah3180/forum%20pics/IMG_3892.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/deborah3180/forum%20pics/IMG_3893.jpg

I wanted to get some type of id holder and lanyard for our KTTW cards and our APs. DH wanted to make sure I didn't want official Disney. Which of course, I would have, but I read that they weren't sturdy and that they were too big for APs. I stopped at Staples and bought the one above for 4.99 (plus PA tax). I painted the LGMH on the clear vinyl pouch where you put in your ID. On the back it has a pocket where the strap is attached (that you can use) and a zipped pouch. :yay: :yay: :yay:

sydneysmom
07-02-2010, 01:12 PM
just ordered the small misting fans and ponchos for our trip....found great prices through Campmor. (because the misting fans are no where in our area it seems)

Last week I found glow wands at the Dollar Store. They had pink w/ flower and yellow w/ butterfly. I thought they'd be good for MNSSHP! :goodvibes ( they also had boys glow swords) And I also got glow bracelets and necklaces. All for $ 1 each. ( bracelets and necklaces were in a pk of 10) :cool1:

tinkermom23
07-02-2010, 01:30 PM

I got ours at Walmart for about $8 ?? It is canvas-type fabric with mesh pockets & 4 removable, metal hooks. Nothing plastic or vinyl on it. I used sharpies to label the pockets so everything gets put back in it's pocket.

DVCBELLE
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and they had a pack of 50 glow sticks in the summer section - they were originally 4.99 and I got it for 1/2 off!

stitchfan18
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
I got an insulated water bottle (1 liter) at walmart for about $3. It has a handle and a clip so you can carry it easily. I've been looking for something like this to keep our drinks we buy in the parks cold longer. They were in the camping section.

2DisPrincesses
07-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Hmm, I've never seen these before. Where do you get them?

I've seen them at WalMart and Meijers in the section with the lunchboxes. Baby's R Us has them too.

SRUAlmn
07-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Cute idea for your ID/Badge holder!!!! :thumbsup2

WeLoveLilo05
07-02-2010, 04:42 PM
For the long drive to WDW:

Wow Wow Wubbzy DVD~ $5.99
Toy Story 3: Friends Stick Together activity storybook: $9.00 w/ 40% off coupon from Borders
Princess Book and Beads craft kit: $5.00 @ Five and Below
WOnder Pets Save the Bengal Tiger DVD: $5.00 from Target
Disney Stitch Jam DS game "free" @ TRU buy 2 get the third free promo.
Activity book (DIsney themed) ~$1 from Dollar Tree

Clothes:
Disney Princess Tshirts~ $4.49 @ Sears
Dresses from Disneyshopping.com~ $7.99
Tanks from Disneyshopping.com~ 4.99
Bathing suits from Disneyshopping.com~ $5.99 and $7.99
Shorts: $2.29 from Sears

For me:
Lands End Tanks: between $6.99 and $9.99 depending on design @ Lands End.com and Sears

WeLoveLilo05
07-02-2010, 04:44 PM

I also got mine @ Dollar Tree, it wasn't over the door hanger, it actually had a hanger on it, it was heavy duty plastic, when we left the hotel I just threw it away, it was only $1 and I had extra room now in my luggage. Will be going to Dollar Tree for another one for this trip.

MAMACARLA
07-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Walgreens has character band-aids 20 for $1.99 - normally 3.99.

griergirl2
07-06-2010, 07:15 PM

These are on sale this week at TRU/BRU and they have a Mickey Mouse clubhouse one :cool1: I was also able to use a 20% off coupon for it at BRU.

SRUAlmn
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
For any other southerners out there......Palmetto Moon has Disney Silly Bands. They are still regular price ($5.99/pack,) but they have TONS of variety! Princesses, Cars, Fairies, Toy Story 3....I think that was it :thumbsup2

SRUAlmn
07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Great deal I saw yesterday!! Kohls has Disney books right now for Kohls Cares for Kids by their check out lines. Each hardback book is only $5. In addition, they have stuffed animals of Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore that are also each only $5. They're cute and very soft!! :thumbsup2

zoie101
07-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Joann Fabrics has a lot of their kids' activities/kids' camp stuff on sale that I'm going to put in our activity box for the kids. And I think they are just trying clear it out, so the sale should be on going.

I bought the tye dye kit at half off
and made mickey tye dye shirts
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

madsmom
07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I'd love to see a picture of your tie dye shirts. Sounds cute.

PinkPunch
07-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the Pooh books and stuffed animals.

And about the Funtainers. I am headed out today to pick up a few extra things. We leave in a WEEK!

SRUAlmn
07-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the Pooh books and stuffed animals.

And about the Funtainers. I am headed out today to pick up a few extra things. We leave in a WEEK!

You're welcome!!!! We leave tomorrow!!!! YAY for you and YAY for us :cheer2::cheer2:

Happy shopping! The Pooh stuffed animals and books are cute!

zoie101
07-17-2010, 02:32 PM
I have never posted pics on here and need to figure it out :(
also had glo sticks 100 for $2.49 at jo anns
and glo wands $1.49 also

sidewalk chalk big bucket for $2.49

will work on the pic thing:scared1::scared1::scared1:

SRUAlmn
07-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I have never posted pics on here and need to figure it out :(
also had glo sticks 100 for $2.49 at jo anns
and glo wands $1.49 also

sidewalk chalk big bucket for $2.49

will work on the pic thing:scared1::scared1::scared1:

You have to upload your pics to an approved hosting site and then copy and paste the URL into your post. I use Photobucket since that's the one I had seen a lot of people using. I'm not sure which other sites will work. :goodvibes

PinkPunch
07-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Okay - we picked up Tigger and Eeoyre plus the 4 books at Kohls. DD was thrilled. Pooh was adorable but she said she didn't want him because she had 2.

Walmart- grabbed the Toy Story funtainer thermos. She wanted me to wash it right away so she could test it out to be "ready for Disney". She immediately said, "that will work perfect" Sounded like an adult and she is nearly 4 ;)

Walgreens - I was able to get the last Tinker Bell glow wand they had in the summer clearance. $1.49 - what a deal! And it's bigger than I expected, it will be perfect for the night-time stuff.

Plus they had those autograph books for 5.99 each. They had 1 mickey and 5 princesses left. The manager said they are being discontinued.

Thanks everyone!

DisneyAndRedSox
07-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Okay - we picked up Tigger and Eeoyre plus the 4 books at Kohls. DD was thrilled. Pooh was adorable but she said she didn't want him because she had 2.

Walmart- grabbed the Toy Story funtainer thermos. She wanted me to wash it right away so she could test it out to be "ready for Disney". She immediately said, "that will work perfect" Sounded like an adult and she is nearly 4 ;)

Walgreens - I was able to get the last Tinker Bell glow wand they had in the summer clearance. $1.49 - what a deal! And it's bigger than I expected, it will be perfect for the night-time stuff.

Plus they had those autograph books for 5.99 each. They had 1 mickey and 5 princesses left. The manager said they are being discontinued.

Thanks everyone!

Funtainers are 25% off this week at Toys R Us!

PinkPunch
07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
I went to another walgreens today and was able to grab some Toy Story swim goggles in toddler size. Plus 2 Mickey Clubhouse activity books for .39 each. These were all in the summer clearance section.

Our DD feels about Toy Story and Mickey like most little girls feel for the Princesses so these will be great to surprise her with.

mommylovesdisneymore
07-18-2010, 04:41 PM
went to Krogers Today and got all sorts of Toy Story 3 goodies for 80% off got talking figures reg $16 for $3 got train set got books and lots of other goodies great to make a welcome gift basket for my 6 year old now onto planning a baket for my 14 year old any suggestions

gillenkl
07-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Today at Michael's I found white bucket hats (.79) - I'm going to let the kids put their disney pins on the hats. These are a little larger and will fit my head - I'm contemplating going back and getting one for myself. Not a hat fan - but I know the sun/heat in August will be brutal.

Also they had canvas insulated totes (.79) - the Funtainer will fit right in the tote and then the strap can crossover the shoulder - :thumbsup2 The kids can carry their own drink in the parks! I might get some fabric glue and cut mickey heads from fabric and put them on the totes.

katml14
07-19-2010, 01:00 PM
If anyone has Ocean State Job Lot around, we went there this weekend and they have crocs on sale for $10. I bought my daughter a pair of the black mary jane's. They also have imitation crocs on sale even cheaper. I also bought my daughter light up jellys for $3.99!

mum2simon
07-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Love OSJL crocs for $10!!! I got ds2 Wall-E crocs a few months ago and have seen the Mickey crocs there too, just not in ds1's size! I am on the hunt though ;)

poohbear8
07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
AC Moore has Crayola products 40% off. I couldn't find the mini color wonder I wanted, but they do have the full size in Cars & Princess.

They also have a $1 section and I found some Tink, Princess, & Cars pencils, small coloring boards, 3pack of pens, and a small metal case with a zipper on a keychain.

annmarieda
07-23-2010, 12:29 AM
I made some interesting finds at Target this week. Toy Story flip flops and Princess sandals were $3.98 each. Princess Tiana Ts were 2 or 3.98 (sorry, I forget if I noted it was 3 and was :upsidedow creatively rounding down or if I noted 3 and was rounding up). Then there were princess bubble wand necklaces for .24 and a princess pouch with a card game in it for .29.

gillenkl
07-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Not something I "need" but I went to Claire's at the mall this week and bought my DD a crown hair comb (slides on the top of your head with a comb), sparkly headband, and some fake colored hair hooked to a clip. I'll do my own version of BBB on the cheap. Cost me about $10

mum2simon
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
I found pop up laundry hampers today at Walgreens for $1.99! This is the best price I have found and they seem like a decent quality (better than the last dollar tree one I had...) HTH someone!

Marshay
07-31-2010, 08:56 PM
I found pop up laundry hampers today at Walgreens for $1.99! This is the best price I have found and they seem like a decent quality (better than the last dollar tree one I had...) HTH someone!

Do you recall how big these were? I'm definitely need to get some new ones as the wires on mine are poking through. This is a terrific price but I'm wondering if they are the super small ones (1-2').

mum2simon
07-31-2010, 09:50 PM
The one I got is 13"H x 21"W x 13"D...they also had the ones that are tall and narrow (I got the short long one)....so yes, I think they are the small ones...but I am just going to bring two...

Marshay
07-31-2010, 09:57 PM
The one I got is 13"H x 21"W x 13"D...they also had the ones that are tall and narrow (I got the short long one)....so yes, I think they are the small ones...but I am just going to bring two...

Sooo helpful!!! Thanks for getting the dimensions for me. I actually need these for my home (I forgot to say that!), so I use the taller ones. It also came in handy to store our tall glow in the dark necklaces and Other tall things we used on the drive.