PDA

View Full Version : QSDP and DVC

Ike&Jakesmom
05-22-2010, 03:47 PM
We are using DVC points for our December 11-17 trip ( first stay at AKL savannah view:woohoo:) from a co-worker, he told them that we wanted the QSDP when the reservation was made. My question is, since we don't pay for the dining plan until we check in, if the price goes up will we pay the new price or the price that was in effect when the reservation was made? Thanks bunches, can't wait to go home again:cool1:!

TDC Nala
05-22-2010, 03:53 PM
The price won't go up if it's 2010. Prices for 2010 are set. If you're talking about 2011, you will pay whatever the 2011 price turns out to be and you will get whatever the 2011 plan allows. Somehow I don't think it is 2011 because you can't book for December 2011 yet.

Ike&Jakesmom
05-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Yes, it is 2010, sorry. I thought the price was for the year but my husband wanted me to make sure so I came to the pros! One more question, well actually a clarification. Do I understand correctly that I cannot go ahead and pay for the QSDP, I must wait until check in? Hubby doesn't like to owe money , he wants to get it paid for ASAP! Thanks!

TDC Nala
05-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Right now, you will have to wait until you check in. That is how the DVC system is set up. DVC Member Services cannot at this point accept payments for the dining plan.

They're supposed to change it at some point so that you pay for the plan when you book it. That would mean, in the case of renters or guests of DVC members, that the member pays for it and the guest or renter pays the member, because only the member can deal with Member Services. But if you book it now, you will have to wait until you check in to pay for it.