PDA

View Full Version : Trying to understand the practical use...

CathieArms
05-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Please forgive me for sounding so stupid and if this has been answered elsewhere. I'll bet it's addressed in the very large FAQ thread, but I didn't find it in the first few pages.

So, the question:

The DP is associated with the reservation. So there are 6 people in our party on this dining plan. If we do the DxDP and we're there for 10 days, then that's 30 meal credits and 20 snacks for each person, with a grand total of 180 meal credits and 120 snack credits. Now the question...

Are all of these meal credits "pooled" for the reservation (meaning that only one person needs to present a card to trade in credits), or does each person's card carry its own balance? So, when we sit down to dinner together, does each person present his card or does one person present a card and it counts for everyone?

If it's the former, this could be a problem for us. I can see my teenage daughter messing up our dining plans by trading an extra meal credit or trading in more snack credits than she should and "borrowing" from someone else's.

My hope is that the credits are specific to each card...

And one more question: are the meal credits on the room card that you get at check-in that gets you into the parks, or is it completely separate?

plutolovr
05-22-2010, 12:23 PM
If you're all staying in one room on one reservation then all your dining credits are pooled. So you only have to show one card.

You may need to sit down with your daughter and explain to her how many credit she has to use and tell her not to go over the amount. If you think it's a problem, just take her KTTW card away from her until she needs it.

Allison
05-22-2010, 01:30 PM
And remember the credits are based on the nights stayed not the days. Just mentioning it because you said you will be there 10 days.

TDC Nala
05-22-2010, 02:41 PM
As mentioned...if this is a single room like a family suite or Ft. Wilderness cabin, or multiple rooms under the same room reservation number, or a DVC villa in which everyone is staying on the same reservation, than all credits will be pooled and you will need to have that talk with your daughter.

If you have multiple rooms under multiple room reservation numbers, then each person has access to the credits of everyone in the room they are registered under, but not the entire party - and you'd still have to have that talk with your daughter so she doesn't use up the credits of the other persons sharing a room with her. Sorry, but each person's credits are accessible from all cards assigned to that room.

are the meal credits on the room card that you get at check-in that gets you into the parks

Yes, if you are booked on a package reservation with tickets, everything will be on the same card, so if you want your daughter to have her park ticket with her she will have to carry the card from which the dining credits are accessible.

plutolovr
05-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes, if you are booked on a package reservation with tickets, everything will be on the same card, so if you want your daughter to have her park ticket with her she will have to carry the card from which the dining credits are accessible.

Not necessarily. You can have your daughter's ticket separated from her KTTW card so she can still have access to fastpasses and such but not the DP credits. You can keep her KTTW card with you.