PDA

View Full Version : 15 year anniversary trip

CruiseBoundnKY
05-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey budget friends!!!

I need help :confused3

Dh and I will celbrate our 15th wedding anniversary this year in December. We would love to get away without the kids for like 3 days or 4 at the most. We are in KY and would love to fly somewhere. We have our passports so Mexico is an option.

We go to TN Smoky Mountain area alot and I want something further away and more adventurous but economical. Like $1500 range. I've thought about Vegas or Cancun, but I'm so scared that we would book through the wrong place and end up being out a $$$$$ just to get to a reasonable hotel.

Any suggestion please.

Thanks ALOT in advance. Of course I'd love to go to Disney, but I doubt there is any way possible to convince him of that. :rolleyes:

Karen

CruiseBoundnKY
05-22-2010, 08:01 PM
bumpity bump...anyone???:confused3:confused3

Kika
05-22-2010, 08:09 PM
You could definitely do Vegas or Cancun in that price range. Either one sounds good to me! I would do an all inclusive in Cancun or Playa del Carmen. The palace hotels are good for All Inclusive (Cancun Palace, Moon Palace, etc.) If you go to Vegas, I would check out The Flamingo, Bally's, Harrah's, The Mirage etc. Check out www.tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews. I would shoot for the beginning of the December, when I imagine you will find better rates than towards the end of December. Also, Vegas hotel rates are usually much better Mondays-Thursdays than the weekend.
Good luck and have fun!

4Seasons
05-22-2010, 08:43 PM
My suggestion would be an all inclusive in Riviera Maya. Catalonia Royal Tulum is an adults only, intimate all inclusive property about 1.5 hours south of the Cancun airport. I send alot of honeymooners there and they come back raving about the property. It usually comes in at a very good price point too.

Early December (before the 15th or so) you will find the best pricing.
Our anniversary is in December too!