PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant.com & coke rewards ?

kimmyann
05-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Well, looks like we are going to FL for our Busch parks:love:. I do the coke rewards ALOT (I drink alot of coke:confused3) Anyways, I will have enough rewards to get a couple of the $25 giftcards for restaurant.com and thought it would be a good idea to use these in FL for dinners. Has anyone used these and are there any hidden things about it that I may not be aware of? I just don't want to waste my reward points on this and get to FL and go to use it and find out something (like they won't take them). I have looked and know there is a list of participating restaurants, but besides that it looks pretty cut and dry. Any opinions, Please?

Kim

TifffanyD
05-22-2010, 07:34 AM
It works just fine. But you can often get the certificates 80% off. Right now they are running 70% off so it would be $3 instead of $10 for the $25 certs. Also, if you go through ebates you can get additional cash back. So maybe you can use your coke rewards on something better?

TifffanyD
05-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Oh also... I live in the Tampa area and can recommend Shrimp & Co and La Creperia Cafe in Ybor. We also recently used one in Channelside at Bennigans (nice still having one of those around). Giordano's is also a favorite. We have found a few duds so I thought I'd let you know these ones are all good :)

kimmyann
05-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Ha, I noticed there is a Bennigan's in Kissimmee. They closed the one here a few years ago, we always went there for my birthday and I miss it so I will probably go there. I looked at restaurant.com, but I didn't see the 70% off. Anyways, coke rewards really doesn't have anything else I want right now (already got all the magazines I want) so it wouldn't be a big deal and it would be totally free. Thanks for the restaurant tips, I'll look into those.

Kim

swilshire
05-22-2010, 09:50 AM
We usually eat at the Bennigans in Kissimmee. I was very sad when they closed around here. Often went to the one in Tampa. Don't know if it's still open or not.

I agree that using Coke Rewards points for Restaurant.com is a poor value. With so little to choose from lately, we've been using most of our points for 12 packs of soda. The coupons are handy to take on vacation. Usually no problem finding someone that takes them.

Sheila