PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm not creative enough?

CathieArms
05-21-2010, 10:46 AM
This kinda bugs me. I've looked at what CS places are available with the dining plan. I've looked at the menus, and I'm really disappointed with the children's menu for most of the CS restaurants. The choices on the kids menus are *very* limited. We'll go next year with a 6 year old and I just don't know how that's going to work. Seriously...most CS restaurants seem to only offer 2 choices for kids, which limits our options significantly.

With WDW being a kids haven, doesn't it seem like they ought to offer a few more options on the kids menus?

TDC Nala
05-21-2010, 10:55 AM
This is the tradeoff involved in choosing a dining plan. Because the children's plans are so inexpensive, they are limited to the children's menus in places that have them. Also because the kid's plan is so inexpensive, I wouldn't look for them to offer a wider range of options.

You can choose to supplement your child's meal with snacks or items purchased OOP, or share the adult meals with the child.

deebs
05-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree. I leave tomorrow with a 6 and 9 year old, and I have a feeling I'm going to be going OOP from the DDP for the kids quite a bit

CathieArms
05-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Worse than anything is that the choices they have are so limited that I don't think they'll be at all appealing to him...generally speaking. I'd order off the kids menu for him whether I was paying OOP or doing the DP, but - either way - the variety limited. I can't even begin to imagine how you'd handle it for a 9 year old...the options would be completely unacceptable and I'd have to order off of the regular menu and pay OOP.

To the poster who is taking a 9 year old: is it possible to upgrade the DP so that you have an extra adult option instead of child's option?

TDC Nala
05-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes, you can upgrade the child by registering him as 10 years old. You would then have to purchase an adult park ticket for him if you are on a package reservation though. (From what has been posted, depending on the length of the ticket it can be about a $30/40 difference on the park ticket)

deebs
05-21-2010, 01:59 PM
when I said I will probably paying OOP its because I'll be buying adult meals for my 9 year old