PDA

View Full Version : So..How much is your summer vacation costing you?

ahake
05-21-2010, 08:55 AM
I just read the huge thread about non-Disney vacations...So how much are your Non-Disney Vacays costing this summer?

An_Island_Girl
05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
NCL Cruise on the Dawn in a garden villa for 7 of us is costing about 21K. Expensive, but oh so worth it! :lovestruc
We just found out we are going to be grandparents, so this will be our last family vacation before we are officially "old". We figured news this wonderful deserved a special trip.

Justsyd2
05-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Our Carnival cruise for 2 people in a Porthole stateroom is around $500.00, plus airfare, hotel, and extras...I'm guessing $1,500.00.

punkin
05-21-2010, 09:23 AM
$5400 for flights, lodging and car rental for 2 weeks in Hawaii (doing 2 islands). This does not include any food or activities. I am hoping for a grand total of $7500. This is for 4 people. It's a combination anniversary (20 years in Sept.) and graduation gift (DD is off to college in August) so I splurged a little. Of course with college tuition bills coming up, maybe I shouldn't have.

lisaross
05-21-2010, 09:47 AM
We did Disney last summer...this summer we'll be driving about 8 hours to the Outerbanks, NC for 5 nights and then stopping at Williamsburg, VA for 3 nights - thinking the cost will be about $2500.00 - including everything...

Next Summer we'll be taking a Cruise and i figure that will cost us in total about 7000.00

rszdtrvl
05-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Great Wolf Lodge - Grand Mound, WA

2 nights @ Wolf Den Suite
$559.00 after all taxes, fees, etc.

I am guessing another $100 for meals (my son's friend is joining us) even though we will be bringing some foodstuffs.

And probably another $100 for Magiquest, arcade, etc.

So I am guessing our summer vacation will be around $750.00.

We booked early and got 20% off the room - that is why we chose the Wolf Den Suite - it was very close to the same price as the "cheap" (LOL) room. Plus, the "boys" can have their own private cubby (they are both 13).

persimmondeb
05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
It'll depend on what we do exactly, but not a whole lot. We a) pretty much blew it all on Disney, and b) can't get the same summer weeks off. So for my week, I'll take DS up to my dad's near NYC, so I'll only have to pay for activities/meals out, and my dad will enjoy the company. My sister and I might do an overnight somewhere that week, and my half of that shouldn't be more than a couple hundred.

DH'll take him fishing and on day trip for his week, and that'll cost very little unless they get seduced by amusement parks. So for two weeks, maybe $1000 or a bit less.

shortbun
05-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Outerbanks, beach house-I mean RIGHT on the beach with a tiny little dune in front, pool/hot tub/elevator. The house rental was 6K. We don't have a food and fun budget but there are 8 of us so I'm guessing another 4K at least.

Tinkerbelle32
05-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I booked Wichita to Cancun for 7 nights all inclusive at the Grand Oasis Playa for right at $2,000. :)

winniedapooh
05-21-2010, 10:47 AM
2 weeks right on beach in Maine, 8 of us, food, gas, fun...$3500...memories priceless!:goodvibes

extremesoccermom
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
DD and I are headed to Disney in June. Can't have a summer vacation without Disney somewhere. $316.00 airfare $1471.38 6 nights at POP w/ 10 day hoppers (we will save these for a later trip) we have 6 days left from a previous trip. We will be getting a $300.00 GC that we will use for food along w/ RF Cafe GC from mypoints and the $15.00 credit at Planet Hollywood.

Later this summer we are headed to Camp Rudolph, in Santa Clause, IN with the extended family. I will be sharing the cost of the campground w/ my brother (not sure how much yet but probably around $100) $37. deposit for the golf cart for mom and dad. Gas to drive there $200.00 plus tickets for the theme park ?$100.00

In Aug my sister and I are taking the kids to an adoption reunion in the lake of the Ozarks for 3 nights $150.00 my half of the suite. Gas, food, shopping at the outlet mall $300.00 budgeted.

Then we still are trying to find air fare for the Oct trip back to Disney approx $1000.00. Rental car to the port $100.00 Rental cart to MCO $100.00. We will be staying at BLT on our DVC points and the free 3 night cruise. We upgraded to a verandah for $320.00. Can't wait this is our first cruise!

Promomx2
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Condo at Cocoa Beach for a week, $875, flights for 3 $515, tix to Daytona race $203. Just looking for rental car deal. Food $150.

3boymthr
05-21-2010, 11:37 AM
We're doing two vacations this summer:

Vacation #1 - Waterfront Cottage Rental, Eastham, MA - Just outside Cape Cod National Seashore: $1,300/wk for cottage; $50 for extra gas; $200 for eating out and activities; $50 for National Seashore Beach Pass so $1,600 in all.

Vacation #2 - Driving to IN to see In-Laws: $775 for hotels; $100 for admission and sovenirs at National Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, NY: $100 for Admission and Souvenirs at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH; $500 for food (we'll eat some with family and take a cooler); $275 for gas; $100 for Ghost Hunt and Souvenirs at Gettysburg so about $1,850.

The kicker is because of scheduling issues, these two vacations are back to back to I'm going to be VERY broke by the time they're over.

thechesters420
05-21-2010, 11:46 AM
mid August trip to Fort Walton Beach. Were in a 3 bedroom beachfront condo for right at 2k for a week. That is half of what the price would be at the beginning of August! I just hope it all works out down there!!

Sinderelly
05-21-2010, 11:58 AM
sorry double post

Sinderelly
05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
A non-Disney vacation??? Never heard of that :lmao: We are going to Disney Sept 3-8, 2010, Staying at POFQ w/ free dining + airfare = $1,766.00. DH is taking me for my birthday. The excitement is priceless!

HeatherC
05-21-2010, 12:06 PM
We are renting a beach condo in Hilton Head for two weeks. I'm paying $1010 for the whole month of July but we are only staying two weeks. We are driving from Massachusetts so I'm guessing about $500 in gas for the whole time. Maybe another $500 for fun money. So about 2k for two weeks for 5 people. Not bad really.

We are also doing a 9 night Thanksgiving cruise for $3600 for 5 people. Should be a lot of fun since we are going with two other families and I don't have to cook this year. I figure it actually will only cost about $3100 because I always spend at least $500 on Thanksgiving with relatives coming from out of town and staying for a couple days.

Next year I have to curtail the travel to do so some stuff around the house.

Kitzka
05-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Not sure that we will be taking any sort of vacation this summer. DH might be laid off come sept and i'm too nervous to spend much money. but may take a long weekend trip to see my mom in MA. will hit the beach there. So probably $100 for gas roud trip, $50 for food and then $15 to park at the beach.

Hope to go on a vacation next year.

lara

punkin
05-21-2010, 12:43 PM
We are renting a beach condo in Hilton Head for two weeks. I'm paying $1010 for the whole month of July but we are only staying two weeks. We are driving from Massachusetts so I'm guessing about $500 in gas for the whole time. Maybe another $500 for fun money. So about 2k for two weeks for 5 people. Not bad really.

We are also doing a 9 night Thanksgiving cruise for $3600 for 5 people. Should be a lot of fun since we are going with two other families and I don't have to cook this year. I figure it actually will only cost about $3100 because I always spend at least $500 on Thanksgiving with relatives coming from out of town and staying for a couple days.

Next year I have to curtail the travel to do so some stuff around the house.

:lmao:That's always my excuse for a Thanksgiving vacation. ;)

njsweetP
05-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Going to Disney in June, staying offsite 7 nights for family of 4: $2200 (this price air, hotel, rental car, airport parking for week and dog kennel for week - does not include park tickets which were purchased 2 years ago and food).
In August - sharing a cabin on Lake George, NY with brother's family for 7 nights $1200 including food.

DisneyNutMic
05-21-2010, 02:38 PM
It looks like a lot of us are going to the Outer Banks this year. ;)

Room $600
Food $300
Gas $400
Jeep rental for day $100

It's sad that we could have gone to Disney for about the same price isn't it??

digitalsiren
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Non-Disney ...

D.C. ~$750
Vegas ~$1500

SaraJayne
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't know ~ we'll figure it out when we get home. :laughing:

We're making a loop from our house in NE WI, taking the ferry to MI and spending 8-9 days making the circle through the Ludington area, up to Mackinac Island, and then the UP, before heading home. :)

Later in the summer, the kids and I (along with my sister and niece) will be spending 3-4 days in Chicago at Trump Tower and seeing the sights. :cheer2:

NancyIL
05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
My two adult daughters and I will spend 3 nights in Paris, 3 nights in London, and then do a 12-night British Isles cruise on Princess. I'm hoping to not go over $10K. :woohoo:

heatherleigh
05-21-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm taking my three oldest kids with me up to AK next month. I'm guessing it will end up costing us around $1500 or so, for everything. We plan on eating good salmon at nice restaurants, taking a tour of the glaciers, and riding a train. The airfare was already purchased by a family member, at no cost to us. We will be there for exactly 2 weeks.

NancyIL
05-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm taking my three oldest kids with me up to AK next month. I'm guessing it will end up costing us around $1500 or so, for everything. We plan on eating good salmon at nice restaurants, taking a tour of the glaciers, and riding a train. The airfare was already purchased by a family member, at no cost to us. We will be there for exactly 2 weeks.

Are you staying with friends or family in Alaska? What part?

heatherleigh
05-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, staying with fam. We will take a bus to Seward and spend two nights there in a hotel (only hotel for the entire trip) and do the Kenai fjords tour and Sealife Center. We are also going to eat dinner at Ray's the day we arrive. We are taking the gold train back to ANC and spending one night there. The next day, we are taking an RV to Fbks and camping along the way (Denali). We will be in Fbks for 3 nights, then driving back to the ANC or valley area for the remaining few days. It doesn't seem like we're going to be there for that long because it's being broken up into little trips. I know it will go by fast.

LIFERBABE
05-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Im excited about our 2 week summer vacation coming up:goodvibes

Using our points to stay 2 nights at BCV and 9 nights at AKV Concierge and 5 nights at Hilton Head Island.

Already have park passes and DQ/WP AP's for the 3 of us.

Food Budget is $400 (Im restricted and the boys dont like restaurant food so will grocery shop, snack throughout the day, salads, fruit, etc.)

Will also School Shop for the 2 boys while there, $400 (uniform polos, shoes)

Tips/Misc $150

Our flights were booked using free travel certs we received for giving up our seats in March.

Rental Car is $10 a day, $320 total for 21 days (picking up at MCO dropping at ATL)

After AKV we drive to Hilton Head for 5 nights, on points.

Food $200
Bike Rentals $100
Misc. $100
Gas (3 tanks/midsize)$125

Total spent for 16 nights/3 people about $1800-$2000 in addition to 250 DVC points valued at $7 each($1750) so all inclusive value $3700.:wizard:

We could have flown anywhere with our Certs, but not been able to pull it off for $2k oop and I am excited about mixing in some beach time:woohoo:

starann
05-21-2010, 05:48 PM
WE are going to OBX from 5/27 to 6/1 for a long weekend.

staying for FREE with frined who live there year round
so the trip will cost us gas and tolls there and back. B'fast on the way down and lunch x 1 day while there (otherwise we eat with our frineds at their house)

Fresh seafood to take home and cook about $50

Aquarium about $50 including a souvie for each boy!

A fairly cheap vacation!

We got to WDW in Sept for vacation in the fall!!!

kimmyann
05-21-2010, 05:51 PM
We are driving to Florida. 5 nights and 4 days. We are going to Busch Gardens Tampa, Seaworld, Aquatica, and a day at Clearwater Beach. Around $800-900

Hotel $325
Gas $250
Food $300
Theme Parks FREE (well kinda, we have BG Williamsburg Platinum passes so we get into FL parks free):dance3:

NancyIL
05-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes, staying with fam. We will take a bus to Seward and spend two nights there in a hotel (only hotel for the entire trip) and do the Kenai fjords tour and Sealife Center. We are also going to eat dinner at Ray's the day we arrive. We are taking the gold train back to ANC and spending one night there. The next day, we are taking an RV to Fbks and camping along the way (Denali). We will be in Fbks for 3 nights, then driving back to the ANC or valley area for the remaining few days. It doesn't seem like we're going to be there for that long because it's being broken up into little trips. I know it will go by fast.

It sounds wonderful! I love Alaska, and am looking forward to returning in August 2011 on a cruise.

saradela
05-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Disney.- July

10 nites WL, DDP, Hopper tickets, $4000.00, air $1000.00 for 3 persons. Plus souvenir $2000.00 Total.- $7000.00
:)

runwad
05-21-2010, 08:48 PM
new storm door $500
new living room windows $1800
new indoor outdoor carpeting for porch $250
need to get a cracked window replaced..not sure on cost getting estimate on tues...and we need to get more insulation blown in our house b/4 winter and i've not started that estimate process yet:sad1:

But we want to cruise in 2012 on one of the new disney ships so we have that to look forward to.

Lynn CC
05-21-2010, 08:56 PM
15 nights in Japan
25k for 3 of us....plus food

We went last year for 9 nights for 11k

Airfare was more expensive this year as well as everything else.

Disney Tokyo (I can't wait)!

5stljayhawks
05-21-2010, 09:30 PM
The camper is getting a work out this summer.Avg trip cost around $275.
Gas $100, Camp site 2/3 nights $50-$75, Food $50, $75 misc stuff.

10 year Anv, somewhere around $800 to $1000. 3 nights bed n breakfast $400. Food $250. Spa/Golf $200 Gas $100

Disney Fort Wilderness 2 wks Christmas $5000
Campsite $2000, Food $600, Gas $900, Tickets outside WDW $600, Disney $800

Tent camping in back yard with kids. FREE!!!

Luv Bunnies
05-21-2010, 11:34 PM
My DH is still looking for a job so we're taking a very inexpensive vacation to Lake Tahoe this year. My parents have a cabin there so our lodging costs wil be $0. I've been taking on-line surveys and recycling cans and bottles for months and have saved almost $600 in my "fun fund." That money will be used for meals out, admissions (train ride, mini-golf, bowling, movies, etc.)and gas. We usually spend about $100 on groceries when we get there but that's what we would spend if we were at home. So, basically, our vacation will cost $0. We won't be taking any extra money out of our bank account since my "fun fund" is kept totally separate. We took a week-long trip to Disneyland last year and are hoping to go back there in 2011 and to WDW in 2012. We'll take it easy on spending this year.

Goobergal99
05-22-2010, 12:46 AM
In June Disney for me and Hubby for our 5 year wedding anniversary, total cost was $2330 for 5 nights at WL with park hoppers (this included the $750 gift card deal though so food is covered) :cool1: Airfare was crazy though and I was only ever able to score a DING from Philly so we are actually booking one night at the summer rate in a value although which one is to be decided, believe it or not it is cheaper just to spend the extra night then to leave on the actual day we wee planning so all that said still $425 roundtrip for us both, not bad but a far cry from the old $49 one way dings..... So after I book the one night (which is estimated at about $114 with tax) the total will be $3119 as we are throwing in an extra $250 for souvies and things for our kiddle.

In July we are going to to a day trip to NYC and see, we are planning on catching a maitnee of the adams family musical probably getting tics from TKS... We are going to drive to Trenton and take the train so the total is $75 roundtrip for the three of us, I am also budgeting a trip to American Girl for DD, lunch and dinner, we will probably stay in midtown/uptown.... so total probably $500 for the day

In August we are going to the shore for a couple days total will probably be $300 as its a family house

apnep
05-22-2010, 02:23 AM

Wow are you lucky! Especially to be camping in Denali. I did a glacier boat tour in Seward and the visited the Sealife Center when I was there. Wish I had more time. One of these days, I'll get back up there with DH and kids. Beautiful, amazing land that Alaska. Sigh...

Ang

pixiewings71
05-22-2010, 11:35 AM
I thought these were supposed to be non-Disney trips? ;)

We are going to Vegas next month, in fact we leave like a month from tomorrow. :) We are using time share points so no lodging expense, just the gas $$ and fun $$ when we get there. I'm planning on taking $2k but hoping we don't spend it all.

momtoBrandon&Jacob
05-22-2010, 02:29 PM
We're going to Ocean City, MD end of August. Staying in an oceanfront condo - 1 bedroom, full kitchen, washer & dryer, steps from the beach with a pool, grill and bar, ice cream shop, gift shop, etc. All for $775 for 7 nights. It's about a 2.5 hour drive. We go every summer and can't wait!:cool1:

sjms71
05-22-2010, 02:41 PM
15 nights in Japan
25k for 3 of us....plus food

We went last year for 9 nights for 11k

Airfare was more expensive this year as well as everything else.

Disney Tokyo (I can't wait)!

:scared1:OMG!! DD has been begging us to take her to Japan. I told her maybe when she graduates High School in 6 years. I better start saving.

Another OBX vacation here. We will be going to Duck, NC and renting a house for 2 weeks for $1900. Can't wait we leave in 3 weeks. Then 2 weeks in Disney for September.

Priorityonecb
05-22-2010, 05:47 PM
To continue with the thread trend...we already did our OBX trip last month! We live a couple hours away, we consider that and Wilmington a day trip of which we do many a summer! :lovestruc

May- MD to visit family- $50
June- Williamsburg/Busch Gardens/Water Country- $250
July- Hilton Head, SC- $200
July- Washington, DC- $200
August- Myrtle Beach, SC- $300
October- 7 Nights in Orlando WDW, US, Sea World, Aquatica- $1500

pantherlj
05-22-2010, 06:46 PM
My Disney annual water park tickets from last September's trip are burning a whole in my pocket but with siding replacement in our future, doesn't look like it will happen before they expire. :sad2:

I keep trying to justify using them again. Just hotel and gas. We have to eat anyway :rotfl2:

Girls are going to a week long girl scout camp - $420.

DH wants to go to Vegas while they are gone :) Too worried the 7 yr old will freak out on Monday and want to come home so we will probably hit the local Wet N Wild for an adult day.

Swim team takes up 1/2 the summer. $300

A couple of trips to OBX (my dad lives there, we the bottom have of a duplex for free!) so just gas and food.

debbiemomto4
05-22-2010, 07:46 PM
We are sharing a house at the Outer Banks with 2 sils so its 1400 each family. Huge house that sleeps 18. It will be 16 of us. That is already half paid off now we just need another $700. Drive down and back up about 200. We will mostly be cooking in since they are on a budget too. Probably some mini-golf, one dinner out and maybe a few other activities.
I am thinking of tacking on a stop at Busch Gardens for a day. Those tickets I get with Amex points so they are free just probably 2 nights stay there $300 plus food there. Not sure though.

So probably about 2000. Definitely better than last years 7 days at GF concierge and Universal for about 8000! Definitely a trip of a lifetime though!

mafibisha
05-23-2010, 07:42 PM
We're going to Ocean City, MD end of August. Staying in an oceanfront condo - 1 bedroom, full kitchen, washer & dryer, steps from the beach with a pool, grill and bar, ice cream shop, gift shop, etc. All for $775 for 7 nights. It's about a 2.5 hour drive. We go every summer and can't wait!:cool1:

wowwwwie!! Where exactly is that, if you don't mind me asking? Thats a fabulous price! I think? Its been a few years since we've been but I know it was more than that and it was ocean "side", meaning the balcony faced the south, but you could still see the ocean when looking east. :) So Is it truly oceanfront or is that little street between it and the ocean, still with a full view?

mafibisha
05-23-2010, 07:44 PM
My two adult daughters and I will spend 3 nights in Paris, 3 nights in London, and then do a 12-night British Isles cruise on Princess. I'm hoping to not go over $10K. :woohoo:

That sounds absolutely lovely!! :thumbsup2

Liltx
05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Well we just went to 5 day southern CA and a 7 day cruise, spring break $5000 super fun time with the kids!

Early June- Disney just me and the girls less than $2000
Late June- beach, staying at brother's house 15 min from the water and he has a pool, cost $200 for gas and food
Early July- DH and I will take off for 4 days, not sure where yet but it's our anniversary usually spend around $800-$1000 hotel through priceline
Late July- Houston trip- $500 total hotel though priceline
Early August- we were supposed to drive to Destin for 5 days but now it's wait and see what the beach situation is like with the oil and all, if not we will probably just save the money for next spring break trip but no plans yet

Monica

worm761
05-23-2010, 09:12 PM
We are visiting family this year since they can't come to us and we had a baby. We will drive to Nashville and spend the night with my sister. Then drive to upstate New York. While in New York we are mostly visiting family but will go to the Corning Museum of Glass. We will also be going out to dinner for his parents 25th anniversary. Then we will go back to Nashville and spend some time with my sister. In Nashville, we will go to the zoo. Everything else we had planned was destroyed in their flood a few weeks ago. We are guessing it will cost around $1000 for 8 days. Just gas, food, and spending money. No need for hotels.

pyrxtc
05-23-2010, 09:38 PM
$1,500 for a week on the beach in MA. nice size rental with 2 baths and direct access to the beach for 4th of July week. Won't cost much more than that. We will spend normal amount on groceries, less than normal on gas since no going to work for DH and no traveling for me since we spend every day on the beach in the water. Gonna do two weeks next year, one isn't enough anymore.

lorac4disney
05-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Last summer: well over $10,000 for two weeks in Florida (1 week in Panama City Beach, the other at WDW).

This summer: roughly $5000 for one week at WDW ($1900 for airfare, $1753 for room and tickets with free dining, and the rest for incidentals)

This fall: roughly $4000 for my 15th anniversary. Thinking of going to Aruba.

Looking at the actual numbers, I am horrified at how much I spend for vacations. I scrimp and save on every other aspect of our lives. I refuse to pay full price for anything except groceries. We use generic brands except for when it comes to toilet paper. I can't live without Scott tissue and is more of a value when it comes to how my kids use paper. TJMaxx and 1/2 of 1/2 are my favorite stores.

I don't mind shopping garage sales and accepting hand-me-offs. My SIL has great taste and a purse fetish. I'm not too proud to accept a FREE second hand Coach purse just because it was too small for her liking.

I do all of my own auto repairs (thank you Dad for refusing to let me drive until I could rebuild my first car from the ground up). I do all of our house remodeling and repairs. I grow most of my own food organically and cook most of what we eat from scratch. I have no cattle so the only meat I have to buy is beef (unless I can substitute it with cabrito).

So yes, I splurge on building memories with my family.

lorac4disney
05-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Just to add:

For years, I doubled my work trips with family vacations. Since I had to travel all of the time, our "vacations" would cost me less than $500 for a month long trip. We had a lot of nice vacations because of it.

funkychunkymonkey
05-23-2010, 11:49 PM
July 9th-13 IOLA
$30 for admission but staying at my aparment so this is truly a cheap trip for all five of us

July 23-31
super 8 hotel St. Ignace (2 queen sized bed and a cot for me)
5 days of planned events (including a trip till build your buddy mackinaw city)
5 people
$600 toatl (room and events for all of us) (this dosent include meals but we eat cheaply)

September vacation- MN for 2
5 days in Country Inn and Suites Bloomington West ($251)
5 days of planned events ($120)
Total cost: $300 plus meals

WOW!! cheap summer this year!

dumboiu
05-24-2010, 06:33 AM
That seems really inexpensive for what you are doing. Would you share some information on how you did it? Have a lovely vacation!

Jennifer in MI
05-24-2010, 07:07 AM
The whole family:

Boston: $800 hotel
Food: $200 (I'm bringing most of our own food to save money)
Gas: $200
Things to do: $300
VT wedding: $200 hotel

Total for 6 of us: $1700 or so

Two kids and me:

FL beach house: $450 (we're splitting it 4 ways - on Amelia Island)
Food: $200
Gas: $250

Total: $900

reagan75
05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
We are doing a week at Eureka Springs, AR. $100 gas, $150 2 story condo overlooking the lake, $150 food, golf-free. We can cook all meals there in kitchen and grill. They also have a swimming pool and activities center all free.

skw444
05-24-2010, 10:54 AM
We're going to Sandestin, FL for 5 days/4 nights.

Condo: $400
Food: $100/day
Gas: $150

Total cost: $1000

Syrreal
05-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Seward is really cute. :) When we were up there a few years ago, we did a kayak trip with Liquid Adventures (http://www.liquid-adventures.com/main.html). I can't tell you how awesome of a time we had with them. They are great!

Our trip is costing us too much! LOL We are doing a rail trip (with sleepers) to Glacier Natl Park and staying there for a few days before we take the train back. Including driving and staying in chicago for a night each way, other food besides what's included, any souveniers, etc, it will probably end up being about 7K

brymolmom
05-24-2010, 12:38 PM
wowwwwie!! Where exactly is that, if you don't mind me asking? Thats a fabulous price! I think? Its been a few years since we've been but I know it was more than that and it was ocean "side", meaning the balcony faced the south, but you could still see the ocean when looking east. :) So Is it truly oceanfront or is that little street between it and the ocean, still with a full view?

I would love to know this too. I don't know much about that area but am considering a trip there in the next couple of years.

DawnM
05-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Trip 1: We just got back from Williamsburg and DC. I think we calculated around $1,000 total.

$100- dog sitting
$300- lodging
$250- food
$150- gas
$200- entrance fees to various museums and Colonial Williamsburg

Haven't made the rest of our plans for the summer. I am thinking we are looking at $600 for summer camps and $400 for me to fly to Seattle and then in the fall we will take two trips to Disney.

Dawn

MarilIncredible
05-24-2010, 12:56 PM
We just got back from San Diego (from the DC-area) and I think overall it was about $2500 - 3000 for the two of us. We'll probably also go and visit the parents in Williamsburg and Virginia Beach at some point this summer, but that will be a cheapie weekend, with us only paying for gas and road food. The parents will treat us for meals and possibly Busch Gardens if DH wants to go.

dancin Disney style
05-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Our DD is going to nationals in Myrtle Beach in July. We are a family of 4 staying 8 nights(plus one extra night on the drive south) and the grand total should be around $2500. The major cost being the hotel...they are crazy prices for the month of July.

Opps...forgot to add in entry fees of $250. So total will be around $2750.

heatherleigh
05-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Seward is really cute. :) When we were up there a few years ago, we did a kayak trip with Liquid Adventures (http://www.liquid-adventures.com/main.html). I can't tell you how awesome of a time we had with them. They are great!

This will be the kids' first time there, and I don't remember the time I went several yrs ago. I'm so excited. Did you eat at any of the restaurants like Ray's or the Ranting Raven? I want to go to both.

The tour we are doing is a day tour that lasts 4.5 hrs. I'm going to try for the 3 hr tour, if they open it up during the timeframe we are there. It's through Kenai Fjords, I think. It's just a boat trip to Fox Island where they will serve us a meal of prime rib and king crab legs. I plan on taking loads of pics.

I wonder what their weather will be like. I'm thinking I'll pack long pants and shirts just in case and some windbreakers.

KELLY
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
We are only going to Disney so here it is.
Right now we are at AKL Total cost with 1 day ticket and QSDP 2500.00
If we switch to POP with a 10 MYW base ticket 1675.00 with the free QSDP
Airfare out of Portland Maine 800.00 for 4.

We have tickets left over we need to use but I think we will have to upgrade on of the 1 day to a 7 day when we get there. We have tons of water park pases left on a 10 myw non-expire ticket. That is why we are thinking of going with POP since we wont' have to worry about the ticket option and my dh truck needs a new transmition. Plus if we stay at pop we would be paid in full.

smkiya
05-24-2010, 01:51 PM
We're staying in Disney's Resort in Hilton Head Island, SC for 6 days/5 nights in August.

Family of 4
2 Bdrm Villa for 5 nights (includes tax) - $1260.95
Driving both ways (gas, snacks, etc.) - $150
Food/Restaurants/Activities - $300 (Mostly beach time, fishing, bike riding, relaxing)

Total $1710.95

mrudman
05-24-2010, 01:58 PM
We're doing a 7-day NCL cruise to Alaska (plus few days in seattle). Actual cruise is costing around $3500, airfare is $1100, excursions are around $1000, hotel for 3 days in Seattle before departation is around $400, setting aside $1000 for food and entertainment while in Seattle and souvenirs/tips/etc while on cruise. And can't forget the money I've spent already on a new camera, binoculars, a "cruise" jacket, etc, lol.

So all in all, it's running us around 7500k. But it's gonna be a trip of a lifetime.. can't wait!! 45 more days!! :banana:

Next summer, we'll be back in Disney, :)

mamalle
05-24-2010, 04:37 PM
10 nights in Sugar Mtn, NC coming up very soon:cool1:

$1500 total includes lodging, gas and food- plus Im looking to pick up some spyder ski gear on sale for next year's ski trip. The kids want to do the zip line and horseback riding this year also that is all included in my budget.

we are going to top the summer off with 3 nights down in Duck Key for Labor day weekend. $99 per night! I figure a couple hundred on top of that for food, gas and snorkeling..

Syrreal
05-24-2010, 04:38 PM
This will be the kids' first time there, and I don't remember the time I went several yrs ago. I'm so excited. Did you eat at any of the restaurants like Ray's or the Ranting Raven? I want to go to both.

The tour we are doing is a day tour that lasts 4.5 hrs. I'm going to try for the 3 hr tour, if they open it up during the timeframe we are there. It's through Kenai Fjords, I think. It's just a boat trip to Fox Island where they will serve us a meal of prime rib and king crab legs. I plan on taking loads of pics.

I wonder what their weather will be like. I'm thinking I'll pack long pants and shirts just in case and some windbreakers.

We were there in late July and it never got above about 55 or so the whole time. I didn't wear shorts once. We spent a few days in Anchorage before taking the train down to Seward where we spent 2 days before we boarded our cruise to Vancouver.

I remember we ate at a really nice place in Anchorage. It was by the sea. It had 2 names. Simon and something, maybe.
In Seward, DH and I lived on Fish & Chips from this little shack type place about a block from our hotel. I think we stayed at the Breeze Inn. I can't remember the name of the place at all, but it was a tiny totally non fancy place. They had a shrimp cocktail with tiny bay shrimp and old bay seasoning and both the halibut fish and chips and the salmon fish and chips were delicious. The portions were HUGE too and it wasn't expensive.

The tour we did was directly through Liquid Adventures. We met them at their location and then took a boat out to Kenai Fjords. We got dropped off a few miles from one of the glaciers and kayaked out to it then ate lunch on a beach next to it. I remember that one of the big tour boats passed by and we heard "On your right, you'll notice a few kayakers..." and you could see the boat tilt and all the flashes going off. DH and I laughed about how those people probably thought we were all hard core and stuff. Mind you, I had never been kayaking before and DH had only been once on the kind of kayak you sit on instead of in down in the Keys. We had a little otter friend that kept around our kayak popping up and checking us out for most of the ride. After lunch we got as close to the glacier as we could, then a little while later we got picked back up by the boat and went looking for some whales. We ended up running into a pod of Finn Whales. It was the funnest time! The funniest thing was that the guy who was also in our little group (3 of us plus the guide) ended up being the guy that sat next to us on the airplane to Anchorage! The three of us had spent the whole flight with our ipods on and didn't talk, but met up five days later at this random kayak thing!

PatriciaH
05-24-2010, 08:17 PM
About $350 for 2 nights in Montreal in August plus whatever we spend on food/gas. Going with friends and looking forward to it! Then doing WDW/Uni in October and NY for a long weekend in November hopefully.

Next year is our 15th anniversary so hoping to do a short Disney Dream cruise, CA/D23 and Hawaii (Disney's resort!)

neatokimmo
05-24-2010, 08:53 PM
We did 2 weeks in Orlando ending last week. Seaworld/Aquatica passes and one kids ticket to Disney was $300ish. Room, eating out and gas ran $400ish (used some of our regular gas budget and used our regular grocery money for room meals). I also spent about $200 on clothes for me, got to love all the Marshalls and Ross' in Orlando! So over budget but still a great deal for everything we did.

I have a few mini trips coming up. I have long weekend free at Harrahs in NC at the end of June. I'll have to buy one day's worth of food (they gave me a dining certificate) and gas to get there (they even gave me slot money - don't they know I cash that out in the first machine and take it home? lol). We also have a long weekend in Pigeon Forge planned in July. The room was free because of a hotwire error and we already have Dollywood passes.

Working on a cruise with the BF this Nov tho. I'm guessing that will be $1000-1500 for the week for my part.