PDA

View Full Version : Booking Ice Cream Social.....

Kim&Chris
08-12-2002, 09:34 AM
I just made my reservations for the ice cream social and they required a credit card to hold the reservations.

This is something new, because I didn't need a credit card last year.

Just wanted to give all of you a "heads up"!!

moosebug
08-12-2002, 10:47 AM
I booked mine yesterday and they didn't ask for one...should I call back?

GEM
08-12-2002, 10:53 AM
We booked yesterday as well, without a credit card. I don't understand why they would want a credit card for the Ice Cream Social when they don't require a credit card for the much more expensive restaurants (unless you make a PS for a major holiday or a PS at Cindy's for breakfast).

Kim&Chris
08-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Hmmmm, I don't know why they would have required a CC if no one else needed one.

Thanks for the updates.......I'm gonna call them NOW!

cinmell
08-12-2002, 12:11 PM
I booked a couple of weeks ago for the icecream social and needed a credit card but then had to cancel. I called on Friday to rebook and was told I didn't need a credit card. I asked if that was right b/c I was required to leave on a couple of weeks ago. The CM said the only PS that requires a credit card is CRT. I called right back and another CM told me the same thing. Apparently it depends on who you get. I wish they'd all have the same info.

Kim&Chris
08-12-2002, 12:30 PM
Very frustrating. I called back and questioned the necessity of a CC to make reservations. The CM told me that it's 'in the system' that a CC is required to reserve this event because it has limited seating.

Too bad all the CM's don't read and/or do the same thing. No big deal, though......just happy to be going to WDW! :cool:

twoksmom
08-12-2002, 11:00 PM
I had to have a credit card also for ours. April :Pinkbounc

Garretts92
08-22-2002, 03:44 PM
I just called to make our PS and was asked for a CC#. I questioned the CM and he put me on hold to check He seemed slightly annoyed when I asked him if he was sure and explained that it was my understanding that you only needed a CC# for CRT. Sure enough, he came back and said I was right. I thanked him for checking and he thanked me for bringing it to his attention.