PDA

View Full Version : so how old are you, your kids, etc?

abmitch01
05-20-2010, 05:54 PM
It was mentioned in another thread how we are all in different places in our lives. I think a lot of you have known each other forever and already know this stuff. But here's my deal: 40, hospice nurse, have worked for the same hospital system for almost 20 yrs in different types of nursing jobs. Divorced with a long term DBF (we don't live together), he and I both have 11 and 12 yos. 2 dogs. Live in a townhouse in the suburbs of Albany, NY. Trying to get back on the frugality track but fighting recent urges to shop for purses, lol. Have gotten lots of good advice here, thanks.

Mary•Poppins
05-20-2010, 06:23 PM
OK ... I am 43 and have 3 boys (the boy club). I am a remedial reading teacher for the past 22 years (10 years as a first grade teacher ... then 12 years as a remedial reading teacher). I LOVE DISNEY and my husband hates it. :sad1: We have been married for 20 years on August 11. ( Been together since I was 18 ... gosh that is young!) I have gone to Disney without him since he doesn't want to go. I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. Have live on a budget for a long time and hoping to "Live like no one else" some day. :goodvibes

Kate and Pete
05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Fun thread!

Me: 32
DH: 32 We've been together since we were 19 (married when we were 24)

I'm a high school English teacher, he is a lobster buyer for his family's shellfish business.

We have two dogs, Mack and Duke (boxers), and one cat (they are our children!)

Happily married, love to travel (I'm volunteering a month of the summer to teach English in Vietnam - I leave in July!!!!), and love my life in general! :goodvibes

rparmfamily
05-20-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm a nearly 40 yr old mom to 3 (ages 9-1) and my husband is military (active duty.) We live in HI, so we don't get to Disney often, but we both LOVE it! We honeymooned at Wilderness Lodge over 15 yrs ago. :) We also have a little mini doxie.

Nice to "meet" you!

My2BabiesLexis&Dill
05-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Me: 31 years old, mail carrier
DH: 37 years old, landscaper
2 kids ages 8 and 6, soon will be turning 9 and 7!!!

Me and my Dh has been together for 14 years and our 11th anniversary at the end of the month.

We have 6 dogs and newly found family of 6 cats!!

I love Disney and so do the kids. Dh doesn't like it at all. Went one time and said he has been there, done that. So me and the kids are going once again without him.

zachsmomie
05-20-2010, 06:36 PM
I am a 40 yr old kindergarten teacher (been teaching elem. school for 15 years) DH is an accountant aged 53. We've been married 11 years (second time for both of us). DS is aged 17 and a junior in high school. We live in suburban Baltimore.

Mary•Poppins
05-20-2010, 06:38 PM
I love Disney and so do the kids. Dh doesn't like it at all. Went one time and said he has been there, done that. So me and the kids are going once again without him.

Hey ... I totally understand. My DH went one time ... before I found the DIS boards and all the money saving tips. Anyway ... it was a really bad vacation at first (really, 2 sons were sick, calling DR in Pa to get medicine, I was pregnant ...) So, we went without him the last 2 times. We had a blast .. just wish he wanted to join us to have some fun.

Our 2 Princesses
05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Dh and I just turned 41 and are celebrating our 17th anniversary in WDW in 2 weeks!! Yea!!! :yay: We have 2 dds 14 and 10. My dh works in finance and I clean condos very part-time since that works with our girls' schedules. We all love Disney and cannot wait to return. We did a short Disney Wonder cruise a year and a half ago and hope to do so again. My dream would be the Mediteranean. :) Oh, forgot to add we have 2 adorable Lionhead bunnies. (Our oldest is in my avatar.)

abmitch01
05-20-2010, 06:46 PM
DBF took his children to Disneyland for 2 days over spring break. He hated it. Even thought Soarin' mas "just ok". He doesn't get it and I will try to accept that, lol

I have a mini-doxie as well. He isn't the brightest bulb, though. His mom was hit by a car when he was in utero and he was the only surviving puppy. He has many "quirks" to put it nicely, but he is well-loved. Yikes on 6 cats and dogs. I couldn't keep up!

summersalt
05-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Me - I'm 47
DH - He's 46
DD - She's 14
Pet - Golden Retriever named Sandy who doesn't know she's a dog!

We'll be married 21 years on June 3rd. He's truly my soulmate with one exception: He doesn't like Disney. That's ok, though. My DD and I are more than happy to go by ourselves.:thumbsup2

Both my husband and I are fortunate enough to work from home doing software support for different companies. I support accounting software and he supports call center and telephony software. :surfweb:

We've been living like no one else since Feb of this year. Therefore no more trips to Disney at least for 2 more years. :sad1: We've got a lot of catching up to do.

Since we live on an island, my family and I enjoy boating, fishing and goofying around on the beach. :beach:

QVCshopper
05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Me: 33 SAHM/WAHM writer for a shopping website
DH: 35 writer/supervisor for a mutual fund company
Kids: DD5 and DS4

My DH loves Disney more than me (if that's possible). He went as a kid, but my first time was during our honeymoon almost 12 years ago. Our kids have gone a few times so far and love it as well. We are fortunate to not have any debt right now; I'm possibly too frugal (which I'm working on) from a somewhat difficult childhood. We live near Valley Forge, PA.

Priorityonecb
05-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Me: 39, Nanny
Dh: 40, Software Engineer

Married 21 years on June 16th.

Two daugthers, 13 and 19. (19 yo loves Disney, 13 yo not so much!)

Two cats, Mason and Tinkerbell

lisaross
05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm 42, husband is 43...we've been married for almost 16 years. We have two children both boys 10 and 8. Also have a male dog who is almost 13. Yes, i'm the only female in my home. My husband is a telephone technicial, i worked as an admin. asst. in manhattan for 13 years b4 becoming a SAHM. Went back to work a few years ago p/t. We live in NYC!

I found the dis boards when i was planning our 1st family disney trip in 2006!

MomofSixinSC
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Me: 47
DH: 49
DC: 14, 13, 11, 9,7,and 3

My dh does organic lawncare. I homeschool our dc.

VAfamily1998
05-20-2010, 07:34 PM
DH: 40 years old, US Marine
Me: 34 years old, SAHM
Married about 11.5 years

4 DS: 10, 8, 5, 4

roliepolieoliefan
05-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Me: 44 Registered nurse, part-time, surgery center
DH: 43 Aircraft Mechanic
DS : 12
DD: 6

DH and I are high school sweethearts. Been together since we were 16. We will be married 20 years on June 9th. And will celebrate with very good friends at an adults only resort in Jamaica.

We also have 2 collie dogs. Jasmine is a sable and is 7, Bella is a Blue Merle and is 6.

We live in a suburb of Pittsburgh. DH, the kids and I all love Disney.

Truthfully I wanted to go someplace different this year and was voted down 3-1. So off to Disney we go in September.

vsimeone
05-20-2010, 08:25 PM
I'll join!!!

Me - 44 software trainer and customer support for medical education software

DH - 46 office equipment sales

DD - will be 22 next week. Just graduated from college on the 8th

DS - 18 will graduate from HS on 6/1 and go off to college in the fall.

We live just south of Cleveland. Our 24th wedding anniversary is 8/9 and we're headed to Vegas to celebrate!

We've been to WDW TONS of times (but no current trips in the works :sad2: )and DH loves it just as much as I do and if possible, DS might love it more than both of us!!!

mousefan1972
05-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Me: 37 year old physical therapist
DH: 43 year old CPA/financial planner

We have been together 14 years this month and will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary in October. :lovestruc

We have 2 wonderful kids, a daughter age 6 and a son age 4. We have 2 Shih-Tzu doggies who are 11 and 9 years old. We live north of Boston, MA. All 4 of us are certified Disney nuts. There is nowhere else we'd rather vacation than WDW. In fact when we were in Disney last month we purchased DVC at Bay Lake Towers! :thumbsup2

DisneyWorldbuff
05-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Me: 31,English professor at the local Community College, before that I taught Middle and High School English
DH: Electrician, runs a Solar Power Electrical Company here in beautiful(but snowy) Colorado
We have been married 10 years this June,crazy! Been together forever;)
Two kids, DD 8 and DS 3
We are a Disney-loving family, always planning the next trip
We have a 12 year old pound "puppy" Daisy(nick-named Treasure)

mlulrich
05-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Me: 33, stay at home mom and wife
DH: 33, pharmaceutical production manager / love of my life

we've been together since we were 13, married for 10 years in September and taking an anniversary trip to Vegas in August :cool1:

Kiddos: 4 boys, ages (almost) 8, 6, 3 and 1 1/2

Pets: a one year old Plott Hound (also a boy), 4 fish and 3 hermit crabs (probably boys :rotfl:)

We've lived in the Pocono Mountains for the past seven years, but we're originally from Maryland.

Our next Disney trip is planned for December! Hooray!

cassandrap83
05-20-2010, 08:56 PM
I think I am the youngest here to check in so far...

Me: 26 Sales & Merchandising for the #3 Toy Company in the world
DH: 28 Car Sales
DD1: 4 1/2
DD2: 3

We will be married 6 years in October.

gandycat
05-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Me-42 I'm a social worker, most recently in hospice. I was a SAHM for 10 years though which totally put a crimp in my budget! But I'm glad I did it.
Dh-45 Tech Writer
Ds- 10
DD- 7

We've been married for 15 years, spent part of our honeymoon at CBR. We all love Disney!

SnowWhite2
05-20-2010, 08:57 PM
We will be married 20 years on June 9th.

We live in a suburb of Pittsburgh.

DH and I will be married 26 years on June 9th! We got married in a suburb of Pittsburgh.

Samar
05-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Me: 25 (26 in a couple of weeks), SAHM and wife

DH: 36, IT guy

Married for almost 8 years (June).

Kids: 3 (DS- 7 at the end of the month, DD- 5 and DD- 14 1/2 months) We also have 3 angels in heaven :angel:

Pets: Beauty and The Beast (parakeets that flew to their likely death living at a friends house), ASEy (goldfish who croaked after 8 hours and Rocky (betta fish who's "just keeps swimming").

Kids and I are Disney lovers and DH, not so much :rolleyes: Total proof that opposites MUST attract :headache:

3_disprincesses
05-20-2010, 08:59 PM
ME: 46, Banker
DH: 39, Machine Operator

We have been married 1 month!
We have 3 children (they're listed in my signature)
And 1 dachsund

Saving now for a WDW trip in 2012...and a new house in 2012...need all the budgeting advice I can get LOL!

tinkerbell198530
05-20-2010, 09:05 PM
I think I am the youngest here to check in so far...

Me: 26 Sales & Merchandising for the #3 Toy Company in the world
DH: 28 Car Sales
DD1: 4 1/2
DD2: 3

We will be married 6 years in October.

nope I just beat you guys
Me:24
Mike (DFi) 26

Familyof4lovesDW
05-20-2010, 09:13 PM
me 31 sahm, but I also go to school full time
dh 31 mgr
ds 7
dd 5

We have been together since we were 16 and are celebrating our 10 yr anniversary this year:love: we are celebrating early at disney in sept.
We have also lived in our home for 10 years. We live north of Cincinnati.

ssawka
05-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Me 37, Web Developer
DW 37, Massage Therapist

Married 13 years.

DD 8

amylynne01
05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Me - 27 next week - part time math professor at a local community college
DH - 27 - respiratory therapist

We've been together 9.5 years, married nearly 3.5 years. Our daughters are 2.5 and just turned 1. I love Disney, and I'm hoping to convert him!

Goobergal99
05-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Ok I'll Share! I'm Mary and I'm a Disaholic....

Me- 27, live in Philly work as an RN working on my masters as we speak
DH- 28 worked as a Mason for years, had an injury and is now a SAHD I know the shock and horror ha ha :rotfl2:, he's actually really great at it and is taking starter classes on his way to becoming a high school science teacher
DD- 11 yes we were 16 and 17 when she was born ;) Is a little spoiled tween

DH and I have been together for 13 years, since we were freshman in highschool actually. But we have only been married for the last 5 of them.

I love all things Disney, enjoy a good debate as well as a spa pedicure and my guilty pleasures are watching teen soaps and MTV fakality shows

Luv Bunnies
05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Me: 45, Special Ed Preschool Assistant
DH: 48, Customer Support Manager
Married 22 years!
DS: 14, 8th grader
DS: 11, 5th grader
Bunny: 7 years old (black & white boy in my avatar)
Bunny: 6 years old (beautiful princess)
Bunny: 10 months (silly kid)
Bunny: 10 months (the silly kid's silly cousin)

That's our fun and fluffy family!:)

Praise2Him
05-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Me: 49 (part-time church secretary)
DH: 53 (support manager @ Power Co.)

Married 27 years

DS: 24 (married to DDIL, 24)
DS: 21 (attended college in Orlando & now lives there)
DD: 19 (just finished Disney CP in Costuming, now attending college in Orlando)

Pet: 10 year old spoiled miniature Dachshund

roliepolieoliefan
05-20-2010, 11:35 PM
DH and I will be married 26 years on June 9th! We got married in a suburb of Pittsburgh.

How cool is that! :goodvibes

Our 2 Princesses
05-21-2010, 06:28 AM
How cool is that! :goodvibes

We got engaged in P'burgh 18 years ago. :)

indimom
05-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Myself (37) - licensed home day care provider
DH (37) - press operator (and occasional day care aide... :rotfl:)
Together 18 years. Married for 15 years, celebrating with two weeks at Disney in 7 DAYS!! :cool1: Our second trip as a family.
DD12 would like to be a chef one day.
DS10 is undecided, but would probably find success as a crash test dummy...
Bandit - four and half year old ferret

SassyLassy
05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Me: 34 - I am a branch manager for a bank mainly on the East Coast
DH: 37 - FT SAHD/PT Home Improvement store

DS: 2 and crazy as ever
SS: 10 months and already the princess

DH loves to pretend that he is not a Dis addict but I know he is and when we talk about the world I see him get so excited. We are taking our first family trip in a few months and are giddy about it!

DH used to be a manager at a a HI store but with 2 kids in daycare it would have cost us over $2k a month and just pushed our budget too much. We were supposed to be taking the trip to WDW with my mom (Nana) but she passed away a couple days after Christmas. We decided to still go and make it our best trip yet since I know that is what she would love! Nothing made her happier than her grandchildren.

tinkmom2
05-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Been married 12 years on May 23rd:thumbsup2
DH 43 works for Walgreens for 26 years
Me 37 work at my DD's school
DD 1 10
DD 2 4

My DH and I met at Walgreens where I was working as a clerk and he as an Assistant Manager. I quit and we started dating and have been together every day since for the last 14 years. Our first date was a movie and Boston Market. I never let him live that down lol!

We are pretty much Disney crazy like everyone else here. Been to WDW 5 times and on two DCL cruises. Going back to both in 2011:love:

LisaInNc
05-21-2010, 07:09 AM
I am 44 and my DBF is 48 we live together with my DD who is 9. I co parent with her Dad. I am a scrapbok designer and I make extra money on ebay he is in the Coast Guard...well for 6 more days then he retires after 28 years. Then it's on to school on the GI bill for 3 years. We have a Basset Hound.

He had not been to Disney before me. Now he really likes it!

Lisa

DawnM
05-21-2010, 07:14 AM
I just turned 44, DH is 43 and we have three boys, ages 12, 10, and 6.

We have been married 15 years. DH is a tax accountant for one of the Big 4 accounting firms and I worked as a high school teacher and high school counselor for 16 years. I currently stay at home and homeschool our kids.

Dawn

wdwaholic
05-21-2010, 07:23 AM
NJ checking in=
Me-49yo RN.now working p/t @elem.school
DH-51yo CFO for an international tea company
DS 25yo-future chef-now a manager @pizzaria
DS 15yo-future sound/lighting engineer(as of today:rotfl:)
Married 27years this Oct-(our secret to a long marriage-first one to ask for a divorce gets the kids:rotfl::rotfl2:)
3 dogs Freckles-mixed breed rescue;Dunkin and Shadow- brother and sister Standard Poodles

I am the disney fanatic-my DH and DS's are the followers who believe that if Mama isn't happy-no one is:lmao:.But I secretly believe that they enjoy WDW as much as I do.I'm doing my first solo trip next month-none of them are free to come and I know they are jealous!!
Trish

Tink9295
05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
I just turned 49!!:scared1: I am happily married for 26 years. I am a Special Ed. Para. I have a DS 18 and DD 14. DS is graduating HS and going to college and we're putting on an addition. I think we're nuts. We love vacations. Our family has been to DW over 20+ times. I can't get enough of it. Going in August.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

ReneeA
05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm 36 and a RN on an ICU stepdown unit.
DH is 39 and works as a project manager for a tile company.
We've been married 12 years.
DS is 8
DD is almost 7.
We have 2 cats as well.

DMickey28
05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Me: 31, SAHM
DH: 35 (next Wed!), Sales for large software company
DS1: 3
DS2: 8 weeks

We have been married for 7.5 years and known each other for almost 9 years. We live in S. New Hampshire, finally buying our first house and settling down after moving 7 times in 5.5 years.

tinkarooni
05-21-2010, 07:58 AM
OK ... I am 43 and have 3 boys (the boy club). I am a remedial reading teacher for the past 22 years (10 years as a first grade teacher ... then 12 years as a remedial reading teacher). I LOVE DISNEY and my husband hates it. :sad1: We have been married for 20 years on August 11. ( Been together since I was 18 ... gosh that is young!) I have gone to Disney without him since he doesn't want to go. I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. Have live on a budget for a long time and hoping to "Live like no one else" some day. :goodvibes

Hello I too am in a suburb of Pittsburgh. :flower3:

extremesoccermom
05-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Me: 45, Certified Procedural Coder, PT returning student SLU
DH: 48, Auto Mechanic
DS: 20, Student - Webster University.
DD: 15, Student - graduating 8th grade (adopted from Romania)
3 dogs

We just celebrated our 22nd anniversary. I have been working at St Louis University for 20 years. I always said I wanted to finish college so this year I decided the kids were old enough and I returned to school. I am so glad I did it has been challanging but rewarding. (And it's free since I work here so why not).
Our first family vacation to disney was when my DS was 4. I took DH kicking and screaming but he fell in love with it almost as much as me. He wanted to buy DVC on that first trip but I did not want the debt. Three years ago after over 20 trips under my belt I finally purchased a 50pt resale at SSR. We are now owners at SSR, AKL, and BLT.

Magical Mama
05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
This is fun! :goodvibes

Myself: 26 y/o
DH: 33 y/o
DS: 4 y/o
Our 10 month old puppy, Rescue

DH and I have been married for five years on July 1st. We literally fell in love at first site (it's quite the story!). :love:

DH and I are both Emergency Room RN's in the same hospital. He works midshift and I work night shift! :surfweb:

Picked up last June and moved from North Lawrence, Ohio to Daytona Beach, Florida (decision was made in three days with no previous trips!!! :laughing:)
So now, we are FL Resident Pass Holders! Thankfully, DH enjoys Disney!! Not to the same extent as myself though :rotfl: So we head to the world at least monthly! :woohoo:

Kimkimba
05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Me - 44 - SAHM (former accountant)
DH - 41 - condo maintenance/carpenter/electrician

DD - 21 - student, out on her own
DS - 12
DD - 7
DD - 3

happily married 13 years the end of this month

my middle 2 kiddos have special needs (autism, NLD, ADHD, ED) so they keep me really busy

lived outside Philly my whole life and married a Jersey boy I met on AOL

maslex
05-21-2010, 09:20 AM
ME: I'm 38 (will be 39 in a couple weeks) school bus driver for about 9yrs

DH: He's 39 (turning 40 in Nov) electrical technician for about 20 yrs

DS: He's 14 (turning 15 in Aug) graduating from 8th grade this year and heading to the technical high school in the fall where he'll be taking up automotive shop.

DS: He just turned 13 a couple months ago. Just nominated for the National Junior Honor Society.

DH and I have been together since we were 17. Met on a blind date. We married after 5yrs of dating and will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary this October. We honeymooned in Disney back in '93. (my first time) Then took the boys there the first time in 2001. Have been back 3 more times. We've also fell in love with crusing and have been on three so far. Taking our 4th in July!!!

daleswife
05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Me: 31
DH: 32
DD: 7
DS: 3
Two dogs, Mini weenie dog age 8 and a Golden retriever age 3
Two cats: Donut whos 3, Cali who is 1 and her three kittens...(anyone want one???)

Have been married to DH for 11 years this October. Been together since I was 16. Even had our Honeymoon at Disney!!
Im a Stay at home mommy/Pastry Chef who LOVES Disney and would go all the time if I lived closer. Kids LOVE Disney too and DS wants to go this year, but we cant....paid off bills...
DH is a Compressor Tech for a natural Gas company. He likes disney but dont give a rats hind quarters if we go there or not and will not help me plan or anything!!!! Really annoying in a way, but good cause I get to make all the decisions!!!

Mom2apirate&princess
05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm 34 and a SAHM, I do have a Respiratory Therapy degree and I'm half way through a teaching degree.

Dh is 34 and is Active Duty Air Force. He just got accepted into a Doctoral Degree program and starts in September. He retires in 5 more years!

DS is 12
DD is 8
We have a new puppy named Dash, who is my baby.

Dh and I have been married for 14 years this week. We met and were engaged within 8 weeks. It's been a ride ever since. We just spent the last three years living in Italy and traveling all over europe, including Disneyland Paris.

The kids and I love Disney. Dh likes it but doesn't have to go there all of the time. Thankfully he says his goal is to make his family happy so he is on board any time I plan a trip there!!!

kymmyk13
05-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Me 41- Paralegal (former CM at DW- Grow up in Orlando)
DH 41- Engineer
DD-19- at Community College will be transferring to University of Alabama in January to become a speech therapist.
DD-5- in special needs preschools (ODD, ADHD, OCD, Sensory) starts Kindergarten this coming Fall. She is obsessed with Princessess.
Kitten- we have had for 1 week and DD5 has not namesd yet.

DH and I have been married for 21 years this month.

I love Disney as does DD5. DH will not go anymore he hates crowds. DD19 just goes to see family, she does not really care about Disney :eek:.I have been trying to get her to the college program but she is not interested :scared1:.

MsStinkerBelle
05-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Me: 39, Senior Systems Engineer (yeah, one of those IT people :lmao:)
DD10: Absolute Princess, has been doing Disney since 3months old
Cat #1: Logan (yes, as in Wolverine) Russian Blue rescued as a kitten
Cat #2: Kayla Black Am. Shorthair/RB mix, is Logan's sister

Both DD and I love Disney! I'm more of a pixie while she's definitely a princess. As she is also PDD-NOS, Disney has been invaluable in helping her with social skills/interaction. She's also an aspiring singer/performer and more often than not CMs pull her out to 'perform'. :thumbsup2

We used to do Disney 2x a year but cut back to 1x about a year or so ago to shore up savings and buy a condo in the future.

DD10 is 'convinced' she'll find me a husband at Disney World. :goodvibes Her greatest dream is for me to get married there. :rotfl: ;)

gillenkl
05-21-2010, 10:01 AM
DH: 43, US Postal Service mail carrier
me: 43, SAHM
DS: 10
DD: 10 (autism spectrum and homeschooled)
been married 16 years

DISaholic's
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
DH and I are both 45. DH is a Police Lt. and I'm an Engineering Planner for an Aerospace company

We've been married for 20 years....wow it seems longer;)

DS22 - soon to move to Boston with his GF (hopefully some day to be DDIL)
DS20 - just finished his third year of college in Wildlife Biology/Science
DD16 - planning on going to college for Genetics / or Music

Two very spoiled dogs : A bichon and a rottweiler. We hire someone to stay at the house while we are on vacation so that the dogs don't have to go to a kennel. They'd be terribly lonely......I know, we're crazy people.

DH and I have both been to WDW over 10 times, the kids are on their 4th or 5th trip.

We tend to go the WDW with my DSis and DBIL and their DS's 21 and 20.

The more the merrier!

connie1042
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Me 58 Daycare Provider (37yrs.)
DH 58 Sleep technologist
Married at 18 and 19. Been married almost 39 years
3 children. Jeremy37, Jason, would of been 35 this year. (Killed in a car accident at 16 in 1991) Misty 31.
We all love Disney, but I am the crazy Disney person. celebrated our 37th wedding Ann. at Disney last year.

kelsco99
05-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Me: 33, Project/Program Manager for a BPO outsourcing company
DH: 37, Auto Tech - GM
DD: 11 (wants to work with animals and own a farm)
DS: 10 (wants to be a professional soccer player)
Golden Retriever: 1.5yrs (wants to be a human)

We live in rural Ontario, Canada. We've been married for 9 years this September. DH does not love Disney so we go without him... no trips planned this year though and we're sad about that. :sad2:

DMOMof3
05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
ME: 48 divorced female; owner/partner with brother in family manufacturing business
(dad still shows up few times a week, keeps him busy)

DD: 24 this summer; UCONN graduate; just figuring out what grad school to attend; still waiting for a few more acceptances (will eventually work on Marine Mammal Rehabilitation)

DGS: 5 this month; keeps me young while DD finishes her degree

DS: 21 this fall; will be junior at Northeastern in Boston, Criminal Justice

DD: 19 this summer; Just finished Freshman year at Cazenovia in NY as a Equine Business Major

2 horses Bunny(31) & Jack(9)

1 yellow lab Bailey(8)

1 cat Sugar(12)

Jack is my daughter's show horse and the reason we haven't been on any Disney trips since Dec 2006, bought him in Jan 2007.

I'm working on getting the house ready to sell to downsize and to visit Disney at least once a year. Have to support the addiction, it has been too long since my last visit. The kids and I started going yearly after I became single again and moved back to my hometown.

keishashadow
05-21-2010, 10:57 AM
i won't list my age:rolleyes1, im retired from banking & still working as a part-time realtor mostly to keep an eye on my ma who i had to move into MIL apt to keep an eye on her few years ago...she's hanging in there, thank God for alzheimer miracle drugs!

DH is a steelworker
My kids are all nearly grown, 1st grandchild (it's a girl!) due in Sept:banana:guess who's going to be the free babysitter so ma & pa can work?

Anyway, my sons of who I am so proud:goodvibes:

#1, is 29, an AIFL football head coach, HS coach too & salesperson for sporting goods line

#2, is 23, a hometown police officer & asst football coach (see above)

#3, going to prom next week & soon to be 17, currently thinking prelaw:eek:or history teacher

sadly had several elderly pets pass last couple of years, down to our schipperke (last pet i keep saying!)

ive infected DH & eldest son w/WDW & DVC bug, the other sons are 'spoiled' i.e., tired of it...they'll be back into the fold soon enough;)

ShannonMB
05-21-2010, 11:26 AM
DH 58 Sleep technologist

I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and have my life back now, so people doing your husband's work are my heros! ;)

Me: 39 y/o (big 4*0 in Feb!), RN in a NICU. Great sleeper nowadays! :laughing:

DH: 44, works for a wine distributor, makes me laugh every day, doesn't like going to Disney but did shed a tear at Fantasmic!

DD: 9 1/2, already a tween, loves to dance and anxious for summer! Going to sleep away camp 1st time this summer, LOVES Disney but is a ride chicken.

Simon: 2 y/o furry brown cockapoo who likes to walk on 2 legs and loves car rides!

Gypsy: 3 y/o black cockapoo with really furry legs (avatar pic), likes to lick wet spots on DH's pillow (:confused3), terrified of thunder storms, but the sweetest little gal in the world.

I think that covers everybody! :laughing:

abmitch01
05-21-2010, 11:35 AM
love the dog name "Rescue"

lots of medical folks on here

JamesMom
05-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Me: soon-to-be 43 year old stay-at-home mom, cub scout den leader, writer, World of Warcraft & Rockband playing TwiMom. Computer Programmer BC (before children)
DH: 41, Computer Analyst. A gamer and history/political junkie.
Married: 9 years, Married May 2001 at WDW (see siggie pics)
Kids: DS 7 (Wolf cub scout finishing 1st grade), DS 4 (Kindy next year, Special Needs: SID)
Disney Trips: 9

katlas&kids
05-21-2010, 02:39 PM
me: almost 52 - clerical worker, lifeguard, swim instructor. 2nd marriage
Hubby: almost 48 - disabled, major depressive disorder. Not a Dis fan, goes for free dining!
DS: almost 27 - Handicapped - brittle bone disease - Just keeps moving and doing the best he can. Took him & his bro when they were 5 & 3. He wnet with us 2 years ago, the humidity almost did his poor bones in.
DS: almost 25 - Junior designer - CADD, Getting married In Sept., we think. Date keeps changing. Has my 2 grand dogs, English Bulldogs.
DSD: Almost 24, Lives in Conn.
DS: almost 14, Bi polar, ADHD Visual processing error. Getting into the smelly amle teens, but has lots of love for all. Big Dis fan
DD: almost 11, looks 8! ADD Learning disables, thinks she has the same processing error, but the school... <sigh>. Loves Rosetta & Tink & driving those little race cars around MK! Getting into the pre-tween princess attitude

No trips planned this year, but did get down last for almost 2 weeks!

mrsbornkuntry
05-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Me: 36yo SAHM for 11 years, spend most of my time volunteering for whatever comes up with the kids, currently boy scout committee and kindergarten.

DH: 37yo Left the Army 1 1/2 years ago for the Army National Guard, will retire from the military in a year. Currently works as a satellite dish installation technician.

We've been married for almost 15 years :lovestruc and have 5 children:

DD: will be 14 in a couple weeks. Loves to read and wants to be an electrical engineer focusing on lasers when she grows up.

DS12: Loves sport, especially baseball and bowling. Wants to be an archaeologist.

DS11: Our miracle boy, was diagnosed with a form of leukemia usually only found in adults when he was 22 months old and had a stem cell transplant when he was 4yo. He's now a healthy 11yo and just crossed over into boy scouts with his goal set at getting his Eagle.

DS8: Loves video games and is now a Webelo cub scout.

DS6: My strong willed one. He loves sports, anything that keeps him moving, right now it's baseball.

donnajean17
05-21-2010, 05:12 PM
ME 38, TV producer at local ABC affliate
DH Turning 36 next week, Retail Manager
DS 8, Loves cars, geography and science
DD 6, my little drama queen, who I know will grow up to be some sort of singer, dancer actress!

We all love Disney and can't get enough! I'm thankful my DH loves it as much as I do.:thumbsup2
I've been more than 10 times and DS started going when he was 11 months old. My last trip was in March when I ran the Princess Half Marathon, it was a girls only trip and my first time going since having kiddos, I was kind of sad they weren't there. :confused3
We're planning a family trip in Oct of 2011.. (got to save up!) though I'll probably go again in March for the princess half again...:love:

Magical Mama
05-21-2010, 05:29 PM

My DS is OBSESSED with all things Rescue (Rescue trucks, helicopters, medics, firetrucks, etc) and he came from an animal rescue so it fit perfectly! :goodvibes

heatherleigh
05-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Husband: 50 yo, general manager at a Nissan store. He loves Disney.
Me: 32, sahm. I sporadically sell stuff on eBay, but haven't done so in a few mos.
Oldest son: 7 yrs old who has many interests. He is interested in classical composers, geography, hot air balloon crashes, and most recently John Denver. He's very upbeat, and likes anything- Disney included.
2nd son: 6 yo. This one enjoys Disney, but isn't as enthusiastic. He prefers Legos.
Oldest daughter: 3 year old who is into princesses and is very jealous. She hasn't been around other kids much, and thinks she is a real princess. She has an attitude, but is also very sweet.
Youngest: 2 yr old girl who is naughty and constantly making messes. She loves to eat and loves Disney.

J3nn78
05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Me-31 Elementary Teacher
DH-31-Self Employed and SAHD (Wedding Photography and Car parts businesses)
DS-5
DS-3.5
Been married for 9 years. We began dating when we were 16
Grew up and live in the same rural NJ town
Both Disney NUTS!

PaulDavid's mom
05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
What a fun idea!

Me: 29 Receptionist for a Dr. Office
DH: 30 Manager at an Auto Parts Store
DS: 8
2 Persian cats: Sassy and Cougar

We have both lived in Wisconsin all our lives.

DH and I have been together since I was 17, had our son when I was 21 and have been married since October 2008

The last time I was at Disney was when I was 6. I LOVE Disney!
Husband was 8 the last time he was there. Like a previous poster stated "he could take it or leave it"

I am dying to take my son sometime soon. I am trying to convince my DH that we should go for my 30th bday next April. Hopefully money will cooperate so I can make it happen :thumbsup2

mousefan1972
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
DH and I are both 45. DH is a Police Lt. and I'm an Engineering Planner for an Aerospace company

We've been married for 20 years....wow it seems longer;)

DS22 - soon to move to Boston with his GF (hopefully some day to be DDIL)
DS20 - just finished his third year of college in Wildlife Biology/Science
DD16 - planning on going to college for Genetics / or Music

Two very spoiled dogs : A bichon and a rottweiler. We hire someone to stay at the house while we are on vacation so that the dogs don't have to go to a kennel. They'd be terribly lonely......I know, we're crazy people.

DH and I have both been to WDW over 10 times, the kids are on their 4th or 5th trip.

We tend to go the WDW with my DSis and DBIL and their DS's 21 and 20.

The more the merrier!

You aren't crazy... we could never board our 2 Shih-tzus, either. They stay with "Grampy" (my Dad) and they love it. He's retired so they love the 24/7 attention.

I noticed that, too. Lots of military folks, also. Thank you to all of you for your service!

A Mickeyfan
05-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Me: 53
DH: 50
DS: 23
DD: 21
DD: 17...and graduating High School June 13th!!!!! my baby will be out of school

I work in the local School District, my DH is a City worker...

we are under 3 hours from Mickey... & just 3 hours to ET :thumbsup2

DISNEYNV
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Hi I am 36, hubby is 38. Married almost 8 years and we have two kids ages 6 (tomarrow!) and 2. We are both Graphic Designers! The kids love Disney as much as we do and we ALL look forward to family fun in December 2010 in Disney World. My son is in love with It's A Small World (so we couldnt take advantage of FREEE DIning this year because of the Referb). We also have three cats Demi, Boo, and Magic and one guinea pig named Princess Guinu:goodvibes:)

J'aime Paris
05-21-2010, 08:36 PM
ME:38 work P/T as a special education aide
DH:40 VP for automotive conglomerate
DD:11 (wants to be a dentist or a vet)
Taylor is our 13 year old Cardigan Welsch Corgi
Barney is our 2 year old Bishon/Shih Tzu mix
Strawberry is our 6 year old Tabby

DH and I have been married 13 years. DD and I are the Disnuts, and try to go as much as we are able! DH is a good sport and will go every couple of years.
We live in a suburb of Milwaukee, but I'd love to retire to a warmer climate someday.

ecamc
05-21-2010, 08:39 PM
ME: 47, a very nice lunch lady at my daughter's school
DH: 48, IT guy
DS: 23, Seminary grad student
DS: 19, Rising sophomore in college
DD: 12, Rising 7th grader

DD and I like Disney alot, the guys are just so-so about it. We have been many times, now just looking forward to going again !

gandycat
05-21-2010, 08:51 PM

Me too! Lots of Disney lovers in Pgh :thumbsup2 I've lived here all of my life, went to Pitt for college and grad school. Guess I'm staying, lol.

Samar
05-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Lots of fellow Steel City peeps! :goodvibes I grew up there before moving to NJ with the hubs.

pattibehan
05-21-2010, 09:04 PM
ME - 53yo nurse in magor trauma center

DH - 52 yo minister

DS - 30 computers, married with 4 kids

DS- 28 grocery manager married with 2 kids

DS -26 grad. tomorrow with criminal justice degree ..serious relationship,,NO KIDS

Only DD - 22 student

DS - 14 disney lover with 6 trips under his belt

DS - 13 disney lover also with 6 trips under his belt

We are a WDW loving family..retiring to SC in 5 years...we say to be closer to family, but really to be 7 hours from our happy place instead of the 22 we are now!!!:woohoo:

leagirl12
05-21-2010, 09:05 PM
ME - 33, work in IT
DH - 41, Dispatcher for City Fire Dept.

DS - 12
DD - 11

We will have been married for 14 years this December! We both love Disney and love to travel.

Sagginit
05-21-2010, 09:26 PM
me: 26 work in retail...
and thats it! i think im not the youngest but the only solo person. i still live at home with my parents. my mum is my disney partner and that is fine with me. we had a truly amazing trip last year so we just booked another trip for sept. joined the dis while planning the trip last year and have since moved into the budget board to learn how to save money so i dont have to live at home forever. ahhh the joy of student loans.

mpbest
05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Me: 36 sahm
DH: 45 owner operator/truck driver
DS: 5 next week, loves star wars, cars and toy story
Two cats: Ellie and Jethro

Married 14 yrs in Nov. Wished we lived closer to Disney. DH could care less about ever going to WDW again, but doesn't mind if DS and I go!!!

tnd
05-21-2010, 09:47 PM
DH and I are both 32, about to turn 33 (our birthdays are 2 weeks apart). He is an ER doc and associate residency director/assistant professor. I am an attorney (I've only been practicing for 6 months). We have one son who is turning 5 this August. We're all Disney nuts and I have just booked a surprise trip for my son's birthday!

cjnix29
05-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I'll play too!

Me: 35 now a SAHM, thanks to some weird health condition no doctor can seem to explain, but I was an attorney
DH: 39 Supply Chain Manager for a large food manufacturer.
DS: 7 thank goodness he got his parents Disney genes!

We've been married for 10 years, Got married at the Wedding Pavilion. Our first vacation together before we were married was to WDW, DH's first trip, and he has been hooked ever since! I love planning our trips, even if we aren't taking one, and love helping my friends plan theirs. Live near Columbus, OH.

katied
Me - 34
DH - 42
DS - 3
DD - (expecting her arrival in a couple of weeks)

I'm an accountant. DH is a soon to be stay at home dad (at least for the next couple of yrs).

Married 9 yrs. I love WDW. DH is OK with going every couple of yrs or so (he's come along for 2 of DS's and my 6 trips trips), but he's coming again for our Jan 11 trip with both kids!!

zippy2
Hi, me part time at the YMCA 47, dh 58 sales, ds 18, dd 13, and ds 5. Also have a smooth collie, a golden retriever, two cats and two cockatiels. My husband can only spend a couple days at disney then I stay with the kids. Planning to return June '11. Harder to plan now that one will be in college!

LackeyGang
05-21-2010, 09:57 PM
DH: 38 yo Independent Marketing Consultant/Success Coach
Me: 30 yo Registered Nurse, Been to WDW 12 times
DD: 14 yo loves twilight series
DS: 4 yo wants to go to the beach everyday
DD: 18 months loves her Disney princess tea set

Is looking forward to our first trip with all the kids to WDW!

ClassicPooh2
05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I find it so interesting. The wide range of people who are joining in the game:)

Me: 42 Teacher
DH: 45 Exec. Director for Chamber
DD: 7 (3 Disney Trips)
DD: 18 mos (First Disney Trip last February)

We have been married 19 years and Husband has "happily" gone to Disney 5 times with me. We'll have to see if I can get him back again. He said this would be our last trip for a while. I'll just have to work that Disney magic on him. :lovestruc

jennyf2
05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Great Idea :)

ME: 37 yr old single mom. I have been an airline manager for about 14 years. I get yelled at by passengers, deal with drunks, & anything else you can think of-- but I get to travel for FREE :) We have been to Disney MANY times:) My favorite place!

DS16: Sports, Sports, & Sports

DS9: Just started baseball & loves legos, & WII

mombare
05-21-2010, 11:37 PM
This is fun! Here is my info....

ME: 33 yo, education program coordinator for residents
DH: 35 yo, self-employed builder/contractor
DD: 7 yo, all cheerleader (despite my wishes)
DS: 5 yo, hilariously sarcastic and loves legos

We live in Minnesota, and have our entire lives. We have only been to DW once (2 years ago), but DH has agreed to consider another trip in January 2011...the International Builder's Show will be there so we can add that to the agenda! ;)

Bastiansmom
05-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm a recently turned 27 subcontract administrator for an electric company,
DH almost 30 (:scared1:) is a pull /count team supervisor at a casino.

DS will be 8 in August. He is the sweetest little boy ever, but tends to get a mild case of "only child syndrome" every once in a while.

We will celebrate our 8th anniversary in July. We married 1 month to the day before DS was born. Needless to say, I was quite the bride! We met at the restaurant where we both worked.

We all love Disney. DH lived in CA when he was younger, so he's been to DL a few times. We took our first (family) trip to DL in 2007, went to WDW last year, and will go back to DL this summer. DH and I feel so blessed to be able to travel with DS and share experiences that were few and far between in the single parent households we lived in growing up! :cloud9:

singitalto
05-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Here's my info:

Me 49 (gonna be the big 50 in October) works FT in children's ministry at my church
DH 54 works designing graphic interfaces
Married 20 years in July:love:
DD 18 student graduating high school next month(where does the time go??)
DS 16 student

We all love Disney and have been back many times since we first went back in 2000(my 40th BD trip!!)- Can't wait till our next trip in August!!:woohoo:

SCADC
05-22-2010, 01:03 AM
I wanna play along!

DH = 47 - General Manager for used car dealership/property manager
Me = 44 - Staffing Coordinator at Rehabilitation Hospital - also certified as an Activity Director and do this as part of my job.
We have been married 25 years!
DS = 3 1/2 and newest addition to our family - adopted from Ukraine on 3-5-10.
DDog - Chloe - 8 year old Boxer rescued from Humane Society
DDog - PJ - 15 year old wonder mutt - cranky and loves her daddy!

Hoping to take our son to DW within the next 1 1/2 years. He loves Toy Story and has watched it every night for the last two weeks - since he got it. He also loves Mickey Mouse, horses, big trucks and our dogs.

luvillians
05-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Can I join the fun?

Me-37, county govt schlep
DH-34, IT geek
DS-16, student and all around great kid
Friend of DS-16, we have turned this kid into a true Dis fan
DS-4, awesome kid :cloud9:

My DH and I would have sworn we were not Disney people and had no interest in going to WDW until I won our first trip years ago when I was in banking. Lots of meetings and so forth that trip but we thought it was fun and changed our outlook on WDW. Won another trip the following year and we consider ourselves certified Disney fanatics now. :thumbsup2
We now have my entire family hooked and we have a large group of 12 that now plan an annual trip together.

sasywtch
05-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Me Divorced 52 State Government worker-license nurses--Mom to those below:

DD1 33-manager and going back to college
DS1 32-6th grade teacher and just got his MA today from CSUSac
DDIL-29 RN mother to DGS-5 and DGD due next week!
DD2 27 BA in Business from CSUSac works for the state and is higher than me
DS2 19 Junior College and his first job---pizza maker

We all live around Sacramento. Family went to DL yearly for family vacations, DS honeymooned in WDW. DS1,DDIL, DD2, DS2 and I have been going to DL every year, this year for Christmas DD1 is going for the first time in 18 years.
DS2, DD2 and myself went to WDW in 2000 for 10 nights.

swilshire
05-22-2010, 09:44 AM
53 and work full time. DH 55 plays once in a while in a couple of bands but is basically a stay-at-home Dad. Sons at home are 11 and 16. DS 22 should have graduated college this year, but didn't. DD 24 just finished second year of a four year law school program.

Sheila

momofboyz
05-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Me:35
DH:41
We have been married 2 1/2 years
Ds#1:11
DS#2:9
Ds#3:7
Ds#4: almost 2

Mary•Poppins
05-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Wow ... there are A LOT of DIS members from Pittsburgh! :goodvibes Funny ... we probably all live in the same neighborhood and just don't know we are on the DIS boards! LOL!

tinkerbell615
05-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Me: 43 (soon to be 44 next month), office manager for ad specialty company
DH: 46 (soon to be 47 next month), custodian at our local school district
DS: 24 (recently engaged to DGF 24 who has a 2 year old son):DS just finished his first year teaching Spec Ed, grades 9-12
DD: 18, graduates hs in a couple of weeks and going to college to become a dental hygienest

DH loves Disney as much as I do, which makes everything so fun. DS and DD also love it. We will be making a trip there soon to celebrate DD's hs graduation. We will also be celebrating my birthday and DH's birthday and our 25th anniversary early (It is in October). DH and I have been together since I was 15 and he 18 (almost 29 years!)

ZephyrHawk
05-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Me: I'm 30 and have been an attorney for the past 5 years.

DH: He's 32, has been a lawyer slightly longer than me, and now works as an administrative law judge.

We've been married for 7 years. Our love of Disney was one of the things that initially got us talking in college. DH was a CM for several summers and I thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever heard of. No kids just yet, but definitely thinking about it in the next year or so. Just the one cat for now.

bdoyledimou
05-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Me - 38 IT Executive - 18 years in the company!!! - divorced for 5 years.
SO - 38 Works for the same company but in a different area, but used to be an Immigration Law clerk.
Kidlet1- 12 year old Boy (moody!!!)
Kidlet2 - 10 year old girl (Dancing queen!)

We are a bit of an oddity. my Ex wife of 13 years (and we dated for 5 years before that!) lives 350 meters away, on the same street. We still get along, just had different plans for our adult life.. The kids just kind of end up at on or the others house and we let each other know where they are.

SO and Ex get along as well, (even Ex's family, mom dad and two sisters love my SO).

We are a family of Disney lovers.. the onlything that makes Kidlet1 smile is the talk about our upcoming vacation. SO originally thought Disney as an overpriced tourist trap, having never been there, but i talked her into coing with us two years ago, and she fell in love with it.

She burst into tears when she met Mickey, she burst into tears when we went on Soar'n, she burst into tears when we had to leave to come home. She started making plans to come back while we were driving home ;)

:hippie:

PolyAddict
05-22-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm 41, DH 43 and 3 DD's ages 18, 17 and 9. We have been together since i was 15 and married at 20. We make 21 years June 30. DH is a CPA and i work in finance also. We are ALLL WDW freaks even though there were 8 years between our honeymoon and taking our oldest DD's on their first trip! So our now 9 year old is going her 9th trip in 5 days!!! Our teens are sitting out this trip so that the youngest can get an alone trip before she gets too old to enjoy her parents.:laughing:

Looking forward to many more years of enjoying our magical place together!!!

auroralark
05-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Me and DH are both 28. He's in IT, I work in quality control for an advertising company. We'll be married 3 years this week and we've been together 8 years.

No kids for us yet, but we have two beagles (boys) and an adorable angora rabbit (also a boy!).

nosanity03
05-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm a 53 year old single Mom. I'm Assist. General Manager for a historical Inn.

DS1- 23, works as a Service Technician for our cable company. His fiance is expecting my 1st grandchild in Nov! Can't wait to take him/her to visit Mickey!!

DD- 18, and has just finished her 1st year of college. She is majoring in Social Services, with a minor in Criminal Justice. Her dream is to be a Victim's Advocate.

DS2- He's 14, and is obsessed with his guitar...lol He loves all kinds of music.

mickeysmate65
05-22-2010, 03:03 PM
I'll play as well!

Me: 45 - RN in Pt Safety/PI/Risk
DH: 44 - Firefighter
DD: 21 - Has figured it out & is heading back to college in the fall for Graphic Design. Good photography instincts as well!
DS: 18 - Finished first yr of college!! Majoring in Mechanical Engineering & looking at 4yr programs
Pets: In between dogs at the moment

DH & I have known each other for 24yrs; married for 22 yrs. He is the love of my life and I knew he was the one on our first date!

Disneyelf10
05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I want to join too....

Me: 40- insurance broker
DH: 38- chemist

will be married for 5yrs in October and we honeymooned at WDW!! No children, love to take our nieces and this year will get to take our new nephew. Next family trip 12/5/10 at the Poly!
I love all things Dinsey, converted DH -but don't think he will admit it!

ME::tink: DH::yoda:

sjms71
05-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Love this thread :)

Me: 39 and SAHM
DH: 51 research scientist for chemical company
DD: 12
DS: 10
Dcat: Summer 2 years old

DH and I just celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary and we have been together almost 17. I've been blessed to be able to be a SAHM and love every minute of it. We are a Disney loving family with several yearly trips over the last 17 years under our belts!!

skysmom99
05-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Me: 41-- High school teacher
DH: 36-- SAHD/volunteer firefighter/realtor/lawn care
DD: 10-- combo princess/jock
DS: 8-- video game junkie
DS: 4-- a wild and crazy little guy
Baxter - 5 yr old Basset Hound
Zoe - 18 month old German Shepherd
Snickers - 3 yr old cat
Prince (originally Princess but that is another story) - 1 yr old cat
2 fish - Nemo and FiFi

I love WDW even though I've only been there twice. I've been planning our first family trip to WDW ever since I chaperoned a school trip last May.

MomRN
05-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Me: 31 and a RN. Just graduated with my BSN last year. Love, love, love my job and the hospital I work at.
DH: 37 and still trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up. Pretty much a SAHD and student, majoring in automobile stuff.
DSD: 16. Sweet as can be with no ambition. Hoping I can encourage beautician school.
DS: Almost 4. Witty and sarcastic, get's that from me. He just finished his first year of pre-school, and of course I think he is the smartest thing ever.

2 cats, 1 dog, live in Indiana. Went to Disney as a family in March, going again with ds in November.

mom2val
05-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Me- 36 SAHM since 2000, BA Political Science Texas A&M '96, lived in Texas my whole life, married to my HS sweetheart since 1996

DH- 39 works for a Lexus Dealership Body Shop assistant manager, BA Business Management Texas A&M '94

DD -9 our bundle of energy, loves to draw, loves everything Disney, willing to try a bite of any food on the planet- may not eat 2nd bite but will try 1rst!

Abbie our 11 year old lab, WC & Awful our 10 year old cats

We live in North Texas

CTdiznymom
05-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Oh my...I think I'm one of the oldest here:scared1:

Myself-57 (in Nov.)
DH-57 (week before me) City accountant
DD's- 26 Leap Year Twins - both teachers

I've been a SAHM since the twins were born. Held a variety of jobs previously from waitressing in an all night diner, admission clerk in the Emergency Room, assistant to an ENT, and to a realtor. Will be celebrating our 30th anniversary this Sept. Honeymooned in Disney right before they broke ground for Epcot! Wish we could go more often. Would love to someday own DVC. A girl can dream! Love this board. Great discussions! Thanks for starting this one.

disney*mom*82
05-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Hello! Nice little thread, here is our info!

Me: 28 (just turned so 5/20)
DH: 29
DS: 12
DD: 10
DD: 2.5

DH is a 1st grade teacher. I am a certified teacher, but at this time Im working as a child care specialist and I also teach 2 night computer classes. DH and I have been together since the summer before my freshman year in highschool. We started our family very young, but looking back at things, we wouldnt change anything.
Our kids are into many sports and keep us very busy, we love it, cant stand to be at home much anyways! We are all Disney addicts, actually today I asked our 2.5 yr old what she wanted to do to day and she says "hmmm (while tapping chin), lets go to Disney World!" I laugh and tell her she will have to tak that up with her father, she then says "ok Ill check with him". She is a character and everyday consists of some kind of Disney story, real or makebelieve. She has been 4 times so far and Im planning our next one now.

ckoncurat
05-22-2010, 06:12 PM
I am a 42 stay at home mom of six in maryland. Former public school music teacher.
DH is 36, manages a computer network. Married 15 years.
DDs 13, 11, 9, 8, and 6.
DS age 3.
One dog, a jack-a-pug.

Dh and I both went to disney a couple of times as children. We try to go every three years. Next trip -2011!

dtr_angel
05-22-2010, 06:51 PM
My husband & I are both 25. He graduated with his BS last May, and just left 2 weeks ago for 6 weeks of training for his new job as a freight conductor :) I just finished my 1st semester of nursing school, and work part time now as a pharmacy tech in a hospital. We have been married for 2 years (on the 31st) and bought our first home over a year ago. We don't have any kids (yet) but hopefully soon! :)

blanq
05-22-2010, 08:04 PM
This is such a nice thread, and it is so nice to meet everyone. I am jumping on a bit late in the game, but here goes:

Me: 47, County Child Support Supervisor
DH, 46, Operating Engineer for a Utility (Coal-Operated Power Plant)
DS, 16, Junior in H.S. and P.T. Menards worker

DH and I have been married for 25 years

In my spare time I love interior design, poking around antique shops, cooking in my newly renovated kitchen and travel.

Mrs. Charming
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
What the heck, I'll play too!

Me: 29, Fun loving yet sarcastic SAHM. Dis-love began in '06 when we got married at the Wedding Pavillion. Listens to Disney music in her minivan. LOL.
DH: 32, Foreman with roofing supply co. Tries to hide his Dis-lovin' ways, but often says he can't wait to go back. Loves death metal, lol.
DD: Almost 3, sweetest kidever, but with a stubborn streak. Loves Yo Gabba Gabba and Sesame Street.
DS: in my belly! Set to arrive somewhere in the last week of August.

kmccain
05-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Me 47 -(for one more month) payroll clerk/receptionist for DOT for 6 years. 5 years at kids school in Bus. Office. 2 year Admin Asst. 15 years Shipping/stock clerk for Aerospace company that closed. I walk dogs at my local shelter every day on my lunch and most Saturdays.

DH 48 -(for 2 more months) Ex-truck driver 10 years, Has is own Home Repair business 17 years.
Married for 13 years, together 23. Both second time around.

DS 20 - Just graduated with a AAS degree in Electrical Construction Maint. Tech. Going on to college in the fall for Electric Utility. Wants to work for an Electric company. He is an Eagle Scout,Volunteer Fireman, Has worked since he was 16 for a convenience store. Now has 2 other jobs too!
DD 18 - Senior in HS. Going to college in the fall for English Education. She has worked since she was 16 also at fast food restaurant. She went to France last summer on a school trip that she paid for herself.

Both are great hard working kids!

DStepS-Air Force

Jack Russell, Harley 6, adopted from shelter
Jack Russell, Peanut 3, adopted from shelter
Cat - Spicey - 15, adopted from shelter

We have been to Disney 4 times. I never thought i would ever get there. DH took me the summer i got laid off. I balled most of the time! DH had been as a kid a few times. We planned on going every 5 years after but made an exception for DStepS. He was being re assigned out of the country so we went over Christmas last year. It was nice but very busy. My kids love it but they will not admit it. Would like to go again in 5 years when DStepS comes home and all the kids are out of school.

RookieDisneyMom
05-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Me--23 (will be 24 in July) Clerk for a utilities company
DH--26 (27 in Dec.) Warehouse Specialist
DS--9---very energetic, funny, musical, and very entertaining
DS--2---more energetic than his brother, fiesty, demanding, and very loveable

We all love DISNEY. I planned our frist trip last May with the help of this board and many others. What can I say I am hooked :love: I haven't been able to get Disney off my brain since we come back. We are hoping to be able to go back next year. I love reading the posts because I learn something new everyday.

sdoll
05-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Me- 34 HR manager
DH- 38- Retail Manager
DS-4 almost 5
DS-2 almost 3

We have been married for 7 years. Love at first sight for real. We got engaged after 2.5 months while dating long distance. I never questioned what I was doing. I packed up and moved to Chicago. Best decision I ever made. I could not ask for a better husband or father.

I had been to Disney 2 times when I was 11 and 12.
Went for the first time as an adult when we were expecting our first child Have been no where else on vacation since then. I had a friend say "welcome to the cult" I can't think of anyplace else I would like to go.

Luckily my husband loves it as much as I do.

dellasgirl
05-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Great thread

Me--52 customer service rep
DH--50(just for another month) disabled--stroke
DD--23(expecting first child)
DD--21(rising senior at Ferum College)
DS--18(hs senior/attending Virginia Tech in fall--major physics

Ranger-dog-got lost on a hunting trip-wandered up and never left
Elvis-dog-"but mama they were going to put her in the pound"
Baliey-dog-"but mama i already told her we would watch him(and this was 6 months ago
JoJo-dog-"but honey someone just left him at the dump-we'll just keep him till we find him another home
biscuit-cat-"Oh mama i want a kitten and Uncle W says we can have one of his--i will look after it etc--8 yrs later cat still remains and child is moved out

We love all our 'kids' 2 and 4 legged:cloud9:

cheriemek
05-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Me - 52 IT Director
DH - also 52 and also IT Director
4 DD's (24,22,21 and 16), one graduated from college, one in grad school, one in college, one in HS)

DH and I have known each other for 35 years, and married for 28. DH is not as big a Disney fan as me, but he humors me. Girls get more Disney loving as they get older! My oldest DD has even been to Tokyo Disney.

CrAzY4DL
05-23-2010, 12:26 PM
ME-31-SAHM
DH-33-Techie for Safeway, Inc.
DD-10 almost 11. Just discovered Hannah Montana isn't "cool". Starts middle school in August. Wants to be a marine biologist/rock star/professional catcher when grows up.
DD-just turned 7. Literally, the animal whisperer. Can get any wild animal to eat out of her hand. Wants to be a vet when grows up.
Booger-DH's cat
Muggle-My cat
Weasley-brand new puppy dog!

Married 13 years, started dating when 14 and 15, married at 18 and 19. We have done Disneyland more times than we can count and are on a "break" from right now. Waiting for all of the new rides and shows to finished. Baseball loving/softball playing/softball & soccer coaching family with probably 3rd DD on the way.

luvsmickeymouse
05-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Me I am 49 will be 50 in August!

2 sons

oldest son adopted from S. Korea age 22
youngest son adopted from the Phillipines age 20

1 dog adopted from shelter in May! He is my grand dog belongs to my son
2 parakeets-1 is a rescue and 1 is a friend for the one we rescued

I have been driving a school bus since 1991! :scared1:

Missing my best friend in my avatar.
<-------------------------------

Avonlady1001
05-23-2010, 01:19 PM
How fun!

Me: 34 SAHM
DH: 34 mail carrier We've been married 7 years, together 14.
DD: 5
DS: 1

We're from Long Island, NY. We've been going to Disney at least once a year since our honeymoon, which was DH's first time! He's hooked! DH calls the disboards "dishboards"... LOL Can't break him of it.

Plannin'Shannon
05-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Officially claiming the title of Youngest to Post! :banana:

Me: Shannon, 21, native Floridian. I'm a university student majoring in molecular biology with plans to enter medical school after receiving my bachelor's. Certified Disney-nut and passholder. Constantly scheming to earn more and save more (Thank you, budget board).

DBf: Lydon, 21, also a native Floridian. He's a psychology major and biology minor, planning to enter graduate school. Had never been to Disney until we got together; now he loves it just as much as I do. We're addicted! :woohoo:

MickeyMomOfThree
05-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Wow, neat to see how many people hae been together a long time and are still happily married, especially the ones who have been together since they were young.

OK, so us.

Me- SAHM for almost 16 years. Just took a temporary P/T job in September for one school year as a pre school aid 2 afternoons a week. My last day is tomorrow and I am going to miss them so much. Such cuties! I miss that age. I liked putting the extra money away for our trip and hope that they may need me again in the Fall.

DH- IT Director for a restaurant franchise with about 75 restaurants, so he works a lot! He likes Disney, but LOVES me so he makes the 20+ hour drive every other year. He really wants to do the Disney cruise but it always winds up being so much cheaper to go to the parks. Someday though...

We met when I was 15, we were pen pals during the Gulf War (he was in the Army.) We got engaged when I was 16, married when I was 17, got pregnant when I was 18 and had our DD when I was 19. We will be married 17 years next month and are just as in love as ever! :love: He truly is the greatest man I have ever known.

DD15-50% a wonderful daughter and 50% :scared1:. Not sure how we are going to survive the teenage years 2 more time over. :eek: She likes Disney World, but not so much the characters. She LOVES EPCOT, especially Japan and her favorite thing to do is eat the most unusual things she can from each country and ride the thrill rides. She likes to take it easy in the parks and likes to go off by herself.

DD11- Totally my girl when it comes to Disney. She loves it all and wants to do it all and does pretty good. She can get cranky though when she is sleepy but she will warn you. ("Mom, I am getting tired, I don't want to be a grump so I need a break.") It only happened once last trip but she didn't want to go back to the room so I held her for an hour while she napped in the shade and she was ready to go again all night long.

DD8-Antother mommy's girl when it comes to Disney. She too loves all things Disney! On our last trip she went to Rope Drop with me every day and stayed for PM-EMH every day too. She was 7 on our last trip and survived on 5 hours a night and wasn't cranky a bit (because she knew daddy would take her back to the room for a nap and she didn't want to waste any time in the parks napping.) She is 100% gung-ho right along with me! If she needs a little energy, that is what sugar is for. Give her hers in the form of Kaki Gori or Dole Whip Floats!

LisaNJ25
05-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Me: 35 SAHM/Babysitter
DH: 41 Mechanic

Will be married 17 years this week.

Kids are turning 18, 11, 6 and 5

2 cats, 3 hermit crabs and a bird lol

PaulDavid's mom
05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
ME:38 work P/T as a special education aide
DH:40 VP for automotive conglomerate
DD:11 (wants to be a dentist or a vet)
Taylor is our 13 year old Cardigan Welsch Corgi
Barney is our 2 year old Bishon/Shih Tzu mix
Strawberry is our 6 year old Tabby

DH and I have been married 13 years. DD and I are the Disnuts, and try to go as much as we are able! DH is a good sport and will go every couple of years.
We live in a suburb of Milwaukee, but I'd love to retire to a warmer climate someday.

HI NEIGHBOR! :banana:

jenjenmouse
05-24-2010, 02:45 PM

:cool1: I am 41 1/2 and am a stay at home mom with a degree in education...taught for 7 years ( 1st, 2nd, 5th and 7th grades) I have one DD 13 and one DS 5. Married for 19 years on Aug 10!!!! :) Married my middle school sweetheart! :love: I was 12 when he first asked me to "go with him". :yay: Dated off and on for the next 6 years...he got sidetracked and married someone else :eek:and had a son.:scared1:..then he divorced and we got back together:dance3:.
He doesn't care for WDW either. I have gone 2 times w/out him but now he wants to go to make sure I stay in the real world and don't buy everything there.:laughing:
We live in San Antonio.

kayrosek
05-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Wow, neat to see how many people hae been together a long time and are still happily married, especially the ones who have been together since they were young.

OK, so us.

Me- SAHM for almost 16 years. Just took a temporary P/T job in September for one school year as a pre school aid 2 afternoons a week. My last day is tomorrow and I am going to miss them so much. Such cuties! I miss that age. I liked putting the extra money away for our trip and hope that they may need me again in the Fall.

DH- IT Director for a restaurant franchise with about 75 restaurants, so he works a lot! He likes Disney, but LOVES me so he makes the 20+ hour drive every other year. He really wants to do the Disney cruise but it always winds up being so much cheaper to go to the parks. Someday though...

We met when I was 15, we were pen pals during the Gulf War (he was in the Army.) We got engaged when I was 16, married when I was 17, got pregnant when I was 18 and had our DD when I was 19. We will be married 17 years next month and are just as in love as ever! :love: He truly is the greatest man I have ever known.
DD15-50% a wonderful daughter and 50% :scared1:. Not sure how we are going to survive the teenage years 2 more time over. :eek: She likes Disney World, but not so much the characters. She LOVES EPCOT, especially Japan and her favorite thing to do is eat the most unusual things she can from each country and ride the thrill rides. She likes to take it easy in the parks and likes to go off by herself.

DD11- Totally my girl when it comes to Disney. She loves it all and wants to do it all and does pretty good. She can get cranky though when she is sleepy but she will warn you. ("Mom, I am getting tired, I don't want to be a grump so I need a break.") It only happened once last trip but she didn't want to go back to the room so I held her for an hour while she napped in the shade and she was ready to go again all night long.

DD8-Antother mommy's girl when it comes to Disney. She too loves all things Disney! On our last trip she went to Rope Drop with me every day and stayed for PM-EMH every day too. She was 7 on our last trip and survived on 5 hours a night and wasn't cranky a bit (because she knew daddy would take her back to the room for a nap and she didn't want to waste any time in the parks napping.) She is 100% gung-ho right along with me! If she needs a little energy, that is what sugar is for. Give her hers in the form of Kaki Gori or Dole Whip Floats!

The bolded part up there just wows me! My DH served in the Desert Storm as well and while we weren't pen pals during that time we found out after we met I mentioned that I remembered writing a letter to a soldier in seventh grade but I never got a response. He said he had also gotten alot of those though he had only had time to respond to a couple but had kept them all. Years later in the middle of a move I was going through some of our stuff and low and behold in that pile of letters from school kids was one from me! I like to think we were meant to meet.
So now for the introductions:
Me: 32 A wannabe photographer (have the training and equipment never have the time) always been a chronic vacation planner now I'm a chronic disney vacation planner.
DH: 39 (in two weeks) An accident in the Marine Corps left him permantley disabled. He is the love of my life and vice a versa which is probably the only reason he puts up with my Disney obsession:lmao:
We have been married 7 years. We met under interesting circumstances while I was pregnant and in the middle of a nasty divorce. We became best friends and eventually realized we were truly meant for each other.
DD13: Hitting the teenage years with a vengence. Lover of Tinkerbell, skulls and crossbones, and purple and black. Liked our trip to WDW but thinks her mom has lost her mind when it comes to Dising and trying to plan more trips.
DD11: Brilliant little know it all. Loves, loves, loves Minnie Mouse and not afraid to show it. She's totally excited that we found someone on etsy that will make a Minnie dress in her size (still pretty small she's a tiny 11 year old.)
DS9: My lovable, sweet, miracle baby. He has alot of difficultys (mostly with learning) including a form of Autism but his smile can light up my day. He is my co-conspirator on all things disney and keeps asking when we are going back to the castle.

AvastTinkyGirl
05-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey Everyone!

Me: 23 and work as a Dental assistant.Brush your teeth everyone! TRUST ME!
DH: 25 and is a welder for a trash company working on trucks.
(and our newest arrival)
DS: 3 months old! Born 2-17-2010. Professional Pooper! Lol

We are headed for Disneyworld for our sons 1st Disney experience staying at CBR. So excited. We will also be bringing my parents and little brother. Dad used to work at DLR for 15 years with the fireworks team. KABOOM! Well I have less than 2 weeks and can hardly contain my excitement. No peoples mouths for 7 days straight? What will i do with myself?:yay:

MickeyMomOfThree
05-24-2010, 03:11 PM
The bolded part up there just wows me! My DH served in the Desert Storm as well and while we weren't pen pals during that time we found out after we met I mentioned that I remembered writing a letter to a soldier in seventh grade but I never got a response. He said he had also gotten alot of those though he had only had time to respond to a couple but had kept them all. Years later in the middle of a move I was going through some of our stuff and low and behold in that pile of letters from school kids was one from me! I like to think we were meant to meet.
So now for the introductions:
Me: 32 A wannabe photographer (have the training and equipment never have the time) always been a chronic vacation planner now I'm a chronic disney vacation planner.
DH: 39 (in two weeks) An accident in the Marine Corps left him permantley disabled. He is the love of my life and vice a versa which is probably the only reason he puts up with my Disney obsession:lmao:
We have been married 7 years. We met under interesting circumstances while I was pregnant and in the middle of a nasty divorce. We became best friends and eventually realized we were truly meant for each other.
DD13: Hitting the teenage years with a vengence. Lover of Tinkerbell, skulls and crossbones, and purple and black. Liked our trip to WDW but thinks her mom has lost her mind when it comes to Dising and trying to plan more trips.
DD11: Brilliant little know it all. Loves, loves, loves Minnie Mouse and not afraid to show it. She's totally excited that we found someone on etsy that will make a Minnie dress in her size (still pretty small she's a tiny 11 year old.)
DS9: My lovable, sweet, miracle baby. He has alot of difficultys (mostly with learning) including a form of Autism but his smile can light up my day. He is my co-conspirator on all things disney and keeps asking when we are going back to the castle.

That is a very cool story. I'd agree you were meant to be! :lovestruc

MEM
05-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm 50 and DH is 63. I work full-time as a University administrator and DH is a SAHD and Marine. DS is 15 and while his IEP says he is on the autism spectrum we avoid labeling him. DD is 14, excels at just about everything. Dear Dog is 4 and is a rescue - chihuahua-Jack Russell-dachsie mix.

I am a native of Pittsburgh who has lived in N.E. Patriots country for 26 years - still love my Steelers and wave my Terrible Towel with pride.

Our 2 Princesses
05-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey Everyone!

(and our newest arrival)

We are headed for Disneyworld for our sons 1st Disney experience staying at CBR. So excited. We will also be bringing my parents and little brother. Dad used to work at DLR for 15 years with the fireworks team. KABOOM! Well I have less than 2 weeks and can hardly contain my excitement. No peoples mouths for 7 days straight? What will i do with myself?:yay:

We'll be at CBR at the same time. Hope you have a great trip! :)

Max & Sam's Mom
05-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey Everyone!

(and our newest arrival)

My DS was born 2-15-2010!

Me: 27 Special Education Teacher
DH: 27 Apprentice Electrician + Runs a Internet Marketing business on the side
DS1: 3 years 5 months, OBSESSED with cars and LOVES Lightning McQueen
DS2: 14 weeks today, also a professional pooper! LOL
We also have 2 cats, 5 years old, Misha and Mira
Our first trip to Disney this September and I think I may pass out from excitement when I meet Mickey! LOL