PDA

View Full Version : YC/BC distance help

goofeyshell
08-12-2002, 08:20 AM
can someone give me an idea (or map) of the distance between EPCOT an the YC/BC. We will be staying there in Mar and will have someone in a wheelchair-- I have not been able to find any great maps. Also is it within walking distance of Boardwalk? Thanks for info:Pinkbounc

Mark P.
08-12-2002, 08:28 AM
Hi,
If you're staying at the BC, it's about a15 min. walk, and a tad more if staying at the YC. The boardwalk is right across the lake from the YC/BC resort, about a 5-10 min. walk.

I'll try to find a map and post it here for you:D

kellympmo
08-12-2002, 08:43 AM
As Mark P. stated, it is not very far for an able bodied person to walk. However, having been on a few vacations with someone in a wheelchair, it can be a bit of a hike, epecially when you factor in how much walking/pushing you will be doing in the parks the rest of the day. My suggestion would be to make good use of the boats that leave from YC/BC and take you right to Epcot, MGM, and the Boardwalk. As I recall, they all have ramps on to the boat & are ADA compliant in that regard. You may wish to verify my memory, however. You may have to wait a few minutes for the boats, but IMO saving everyone's energy is worth the wait. :D

Also, IMO (very opinionated today!), YC/BC is a great choice for a resort for a party with someone in a wheelchair just because you don't have to rely on buses as much as with other resorts. (We always seem to have a little trouble with buses.)

Hope this helps!

Mark P.
08-12-2002, 09:21 AM
Here's that map...Sorry the quality isn't the greatest, and the far left portion of the Boardwalk area was cut off. Looking at the map, the YC/BC resort is on the right hand side, the Swan&Dolphin is on the top in the middle, and the Boardwalk is on the left hand side. There's a walkway that loops right around the lake. The walkway to Epcot follows the 'stream' on the lower right portion of the map, whereas there's a bridge that also continues the Boardwalk loop.

Hope this helps ya':D

http://pstr-m04.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/002/06/8D/5D/4F/XRAL8ke9OB8h0nEJPj35st-1IFRP4M7t0180.jpg

goofeyshell
08-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey, thanks for your help. Planning and thinking about our trip has certainly been fun!!!