PDA

View Full Version : upgrading 9yr old to adult on dining plan

littlelaura
05-20-2010, 10:29 AM
we are planning to visit wdw next yr during free dining
my oldest ds will be 9, but the variety and portion sizes of kids menu will not be enough for him. is it ok to enter him as '10' in order for him to be counted as an adult? i am more than happy to pay the price difference in child/adlut ticket.
the only thing worrying me is, do they check everyones passports when you check-in? as it would become apparent that i had made a 'mistake' on the reservation?
has anyone done this in the past? and did you encounter any problems

webstah
05-20-2010, 10:50 AM
My Sister in law did this with her 9 year old for the same reasons. She just had to pay the adult price for the tickets, and if paying for it, the dining plan.
Disney was fine with upgrading a 9 yo to the adult catagory.

clanmcculloch
05-20-2010, 11:16 AM
CMs at CRO have recommended this to people so I see no problem with doing it. During free dining, it's a great deal. Don't lie about her age. When you're booking, tell the CM honestly that you want to pay to upgrade her to an adult ticket.

TDC Nala
05-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Much of the time Disney does not mind if you do this, since you will be paying extra. You probably don't have to lie about the kid's age, but they will have to enter the child into the system as 10 years old because it won't work any other way.

uknewbie
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
we are planning to visit wdw next yr during free dining
my oldest ds will be 9, but the variety and portion sizes of kids menu will not be enough for him. is it ok to enter him as '10' in order for him to be counted as an adult? i am more than happy to pay the price difference in child/adlut ticket.
the only thing worrying me is, do they check everyones passports when you check-in? as it would become apparent that i had made a 'mistake' on the reservation?
has anyone done this in the past? and did you encounter any problems

Us brits can't do this :mad: :mad: :mad: i've phoned 3 times and each time been told no. If you haven't booked already, then yes, just enter them as 10. if you've already booked and want them to change it - good luck. if you find a person who is willing to do it, please take their name for me and pass it on ;)

irishdadx4
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Have done this twice. Last Dec we did it with the free QSDP for my 8 year old daughter, and we did it is this year for our free DDP trip in Aug. No problems..and they get alot more options. :thumbsup2

Mike

dpknoll
05-20-2010, 09:33 PM
I upgraded my 8 year old to a disney adult (10) for the free dining. I had originally booked her at her actual age and then decided that the meal options were so limited for the child's plan. I called up Disney and after being put on hold for a little bit had her age changed with no problem. They of course had to charge me for the adult ticket to the park but this was only about $40 for a 10 day stay - not a bad deal =) The CM I spoke to on the phone was wonderfully nice and told me that people do this all the time...good luck and keep trying until you get a cm who will help you because it is possible!