View Full Version : How early do you book?
05-20-2010, 09:17 AM
We're planning on going November 28th but I haven't booked anything-I'm waiting to see if there will be any discounts or free dining offered.
We're planning to stay at POFQ. We'll also be booking a separate room for my husband's parents.
Should I go ahead and book with the rates that aren't discounted or wait?
05-20-2010, 10:12 AM
We are going in December, I booked in february. I try to book as early as possible, so I have longer to pay for it!!
What you can try, (which I learned from here) go to the disney website, plan a few vacations, save them and just let them sit. I did this and in my email I got a pin code.
Now, if something else comes out (like free dinng) and it makes it a better deal, I can call and change that. (as long as there is availability)
Hope that helps!!
05-20-2010, 12:11 PM
We are going Sept. 2011 and I plan on booking as soon as the packages are released in August 2010 :thumbsup2
05-21-2010, 05:46 AM
I would book as early as possible to ensure you get the resort you want to stay at. You can always go back once you receive a pin code or a general public discount has been announced and they will apply the discount to your existing reservation. We had that happen this last trip. We booked very early for the first time. Then we happened to receive a pin code. I just called and they applied it to our reservation. Then the general public discount came out and it was even better than our pin code. Again, I just called and they lowered our rate. I didn't have to change my reservation number or anything. They just sent me a new email reflecting the lower amount I then had to pay. Since you can book and ensure you get the resort you want, I'd go ahead now and you can always apply codes/discounts later if they come out announced.
05-22-2010, 11:49 AM
We're going about a week before you. I already booked my room (DVC), and hope to book airfare this weekend. Once I have our schedule mapped out, we'll be booking dining reservations (hopefully next week).
05-22-2010, 02:15 PM
We're backwards, I guess. We book our airfare first. We select our dates based on when we can fly cheapest. Then we book a hotel/condo. If we stayed onsite it might be different, but airfare is the expense that is hardest for us to control.
05-22-2010, 02:20 PM
I would book as soon as you can if you have your heart set on a particular resort you can always change later and/or apply a discount if one becomes available.
We are going in November and I booked first week in February.
05-26-2010, 12:07 AM
We are going June 2011. I will contact my TA this weekend to get the ball rolling. :wizard:
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Like the other posters mentioned, I would definitely try to book as soon as possible. Especially being that your time frame is so close to thanksgiving, the rooms will start to get booked up, you want to make sure that you have a room in a resort that you want. Then, like the others said, you can always call and have them apply the discount to your room. At least this way, you have a room there already.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.