PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a TS credit for my mom if she joins us?

GoofyGirl75
05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi! My mom will be joining us for a couple of TS meals-- we are on the DP, she is not. Will they care at all if we use dining credits for the entire meal? I figure they will just deduct one more TS meal. Do they even know how many people the credits are associated with? If so, do they frown upon this?

Thanks for any input. :flower3:

vicki_c
05-20-2010, 10:08 AM
From my understanding, no you cannot. People not on the DDP cannot use your credits. They will only permit you to use the # of DDP credits for the same # of people that are on the DDP at the meal.

beroh2253
05-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Only if one of you would give up your TS credit & seat. As mentioned by vicki-c they will only permit you to use the # of DDP credits for the same # of people that are on the DDP at the meal.

Tricia1972
05-20-2010, 10:21 AM
No you cannot use extra credits to pay for those not on the plan. When Disney started getting strict about enforcing this rule (about one year after the DDP came into existence) there were stories on the boards about CMs being reprimanded and even fired for not adhering to Disney's policy.

Vicki is right, your card is the key. Let's say you're a party of 2 Adults and 1 Child. Your Keys to the World Card will say 2A/1C. The server can only use 2 Adult Credits and 1 Child Credit at a time.

Copied from the Disney Dining Plan Brochure:

Q. Can I use my Disney Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who are not included in my reservation or have not purchased a Disney dining plan?
A. Sorry, you may not use your Disney Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who are not included in your reservation or have not purchased a Disney dining plan.