PDA

View Full Version : End of Year Gift/Goody Bags

njmomtoone
05-20-2010, 09:08 AM
I am planning my son's end of year party in school. He is in the second grade. Rather than do goody bags filled with junk and candy, I was trying to think if something nice as a gift that they can use. I am willing to do one for boys and one for girls.

There are 26 kids and we will have at least $75 to spend.

Any ideas?

mjkacmom
05-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Go to 5below - they should be well-stocked with summer items.

StitchandPooh'sMom
05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
When my older DD was in first grade, the room moms gave each child a water bottle with their name on it and "Second Grader" so they could use it the next year at school. It was a big hit with the kids. Only suggestion would be to use a paint pen instead of a Sharpie - the Sharpie kept washing off when I washed the water bottle (surprisingly to me).

Other good summer ideas would be beach towels (especially cool if someone was crafty and could embroider them), super soakers, diving sticks for the pool, etc.

HLDisney
05-20-2010, 10:58 AM
How about books for their summer reading? Scholastic usually has good prices on paperback books.

You could add a bookmark (either handmade or store-bought) to make it nicer.

Helen

dizneechic
05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Well mine is completely off the beaten path, but my DS's 2nd grade class has studied bugs all year. They are ending the year with a bug parade where each makes a costume and parades through school dressed as the favorite bug/insect they learned about. So I found bug necklaces, where the bugs are encased in amber, and we'll be handing these out on the day of the bug parade.
I ordered 30 of them from here:
http://www.black-bear-haversack.com/product_info.php/products_id/4060
and they were 1.39 each.

Priorityonecb
05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
How about Frisbee's? They can be purchased for $1-$2 each. Pick up some colored permanent markers (which then donate to the teacher for next year!). Let the kids go around signing each others frisbees. A fun acvitity and a nice keepsake of the year.

skw444
05-20-2010, 03:48 PM
We're combining our craft and gift. The kids will be decorating a picture frame to take home of the class.

TexasDuchess
05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
We're doing pillowcases. We're ironing on a picture of the class and then letting the kids all sign the pillowcases with Sharpies.

Malibustyle23
05-21-2010, 02:38 PM
We're doing pillowcases. We're ironing on a picture of the class and then letting the kids all sign the pillowcases with Sharpies.

I love this idea anything else along this line with the interaction of the kids to function as a keepsake?

leenie715
05-21-2010, 02:56 PM
You could do beach balls. Write Mrs. _____'s Class on it and 2009-2010 with a Sharpie and then bring in sharpies and have the kids autograph them for eachother. It is a great keepsake and super cheap too.

MSSANDRA
05-21-2010, 03:33 PM

did this with t-shirts once as well.

labdogs42
05-21-2010, 03:39 PM
How having the kids make tee shirts? You could just have the kids autograph them all (they sell crayola fabric markers at the raft stores) or you could do an iron on of the class photo on the front and then haev them sing them. Depends how crafty you're feeling!

musclemouse
05-22-2010, 07:46 PM
I love this idea anything else along this line with the interaction of the kids to function as a keepsake?

Ooooh good idea! :thumbsup2:goodvibes