PDA

View Full Version : Old Navy Flip Flops $1.00 This Saturday!!!

tinkarooni
05-19-2010, 07:32 PM
My Mom saw the commercial and called me. WOOHOO!

I don't know what time they open but DD and I will be there.

Who's with me?

Va-bear
05-19-2010, 07:56 PM
oooooooooo, thanks!!! My son will be thrilled!:thumbsup2:cool1::banana:

MamaJessie
05-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup2

Leshaface
05-19-2010, 08:08 PM
WOW what a great deal!

I haven't shopped at Old Navy since I was 16 or 17, but a dollar for flip flops!? I"m sooooo there!

Thank you!

java
05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
oh no. no no no..... I can get them today for $2.50. Trust me that the MOB will be there. It was PACKED last year and I live in the middle of nowhere land. Just be prepared for the crowds.Last year I braved it with DD - she got the 8 pair they were allowing. I think we'll pass this year.
But best of luck to those that try it.

(I know I'll end up going)

Keira1387
05-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I work at old navy. A couple pieces of info. Most stores are opening early. My store opens at 7:00.

Also, if you want to avoid the rush, you can buy the flip flops now, and take your reciept in on Saturday and get a price adjustment.

The limit is 5 pairs per person. HTH!

PaulaSue
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
thanks! i just bought a few pair on monday.:goodvibes

mickmouse08
05-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Does anyone know if they will have a deal online? I will be going out of town that day and will not have time to go to a store but I could order some online. TIA!

ceecee
05-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Not worth the crowd to me to save $1.50 on a pair of flip flops. DD doesn't like Old Navy anyway. The ones we got last year there weren't that great.

pilesoflaundry
05-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Bring your battle armor :rotfl:

tinkarooni
05-20-2010, 06:45 AM
OP here....last year the stores opened early too and it was just me and a couple of teenage girls waiting. No problem. We'll see what happens this year. I am debating the buying now and taking back my receipt for the price adjustment.

They have a dizzying array of colors. I buy them to knock around in the yard, also my DD9 goes through flip flops like crazy and she likes having a color for every outfit. At $1.00 a pair it's a little affordable fun.

Good Luck everybody!

tinkarooni
05-20-2010, 06:46 AM
I work at old navy. A couple pieces of info. Most stores are opening early. My store opens at 7:00.

Also, if you want to avoid the rush, you can buy the flip flops now, and take your reciept in on Saturday and get a price adjustment.

Thanks for the inside info. :thumbsup2

mom2d&b
05-20-2010, 07:15 AM
saw the commercial las tnight but my first thought was what I had heard about last years crowds. I like the tip about buying now and going back in for a price adjustment. I may do that.

ceecee
05-20-2010, 07:33 AM
American Eagle has $1 flip flops with any shorts purchase.

ClarabelleCowFan
05-20-2010, 07:34 AM

Thanks~ We will be heading to Old Navy tonite or tomorrow to take advantage of that.

PinkRhombus
05-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Bring your battle armor :rotfl:

Yep. Cheap flip flops are not worth dealing with that crowd.

Target has some in the dollar bins now!

Or try Dollar Tree

abmitch01
05-20-2010, 09:24 AM
shh, no one tell my DD about this! hate crowds

tinkarooni
05-20-2010, 09:38 AM

I don't know, I sort of enjoy the hunt of the bargain :rotfl: Uh Oh I may be one of the crazy "crowd" you're talking about......:lmao:

If it's mobbed we won't go, but last year I just waltzed right in.....we'll have to see.....SSHHH don't tell anybody else. :)

JesB
05-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I work at Old Navy part-time trust me if your going get there early. I'll have people already in line an hour before we open. We prepare our workers ahead of time for the event.:)

momtoBrandon&Jacob
05-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately you get what you pay for. I really didn't like the flips I got from Old Navy. Very cheaply made and uncomfortable between the toes. I'd rather spend $24 for Teva mush - they last twice as long as Old Navy and are 3x more comfortable.

Keira1387
05-20-2010, 08:01 PM
I just wanted to update you guys. Today the managers said that they will not be doing price adjustments on Saturday. Apparently they going to be very strict on this. Sorry!

stitchfan18
05-20-2010, 08:31 PM
I love my ON flip flops after I get them broken in! My brown pair broke on sunday though, maybe it was a sign I need to go shopping for more on saturday:rotfl:

LackeyGang
05-20-2010, 08:36 PM
hmmmm not sure if its worth going for now....maybe I'll just do a stop at the dollar store...my son won't care:woohoo:

momtosam
05-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Sorry to be a kill-joy, but I was at ON last night and currently flip flops are $2.50 a pair. It doesn't seem worth the hassle and crowds to save $1.50. I also saw my store is opening at 7 am. :scared1:

kelly1218
05-21-2010, 06:44 AM
The last two years they have done this...my Old Navy only put out white and black flip flops for sale. They also won't do price adjustments.
Definitely not worth it for me. I'll pay the $2.50 a pair and get the colors and sizes we want.

3boymthr
05-21-2010, 07:07 AM
I just wanted to update you guys. Today the managers said that they will not be doing price adjustments on Saturday. Apparently they going to be very strict on this. Sorry!

Well, this may vary. In some state's it's a law that they have to price adjust within x days.

aceys_h0ney
05-21-2010, 07:10 AM
Shucks I love a bargain and my daughter loves flip flops. Maybe I will borrow my son's Nerf sword and go for it. Not sure if it is worth waking up that early and the possiblity of getting trampled. Good luck for all that go!

Tinkerbelle32
05-21-2010, 10:42 AM
I will pass too. Last year people were trampleing each other for flip flops!:eek: At one point, the manager made an annoucement about people groping other people in line. What a mess!

Aisling
05-21-2010, 10:47 AM
LOL somebody beat me to it. I'll delete my thread.

pilesoflaundry
05-21-2010, 10:48 AM

Target has some in the dollar bins now!

Or try Dollar Tree

I have not tried the Dollar Tree ones but the Target dollar bin flip flops are horrible. They are uncomfortable and all the ink comes off when you wear them. I've had slightly better luck with the kids ones vs. the adult flip flops. My dd said her's were not as uncomfortable but the designs still peel right off and they look awful.

I feel for the employees with ON does these promos! :scared1:

Lucky4me
05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I used to love ON flip flops until they changed the manufacturer a couple of years ago. Now they kill my feet and dd breaks a pair once a week. Very cheaply made. Something about the placement of the straps on the bottom. The little plastic things dig into the bottom of my feet. They were in a different spot before. The heavier, $10 flip flops are still made the old way.

Aisling
05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't know, I sort of enjoy the hunt of the bargain :rotfl:

Me, too!

Aisling
05-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Ok, I just got back from ON. I was told that if I buy the flip flops today, they will NOT give me a price adjustment tomorrow. I can't see how they could deny me a refund if not an automatic price adjustment. I think if they give me a refund, they'll take the flip flops and put them back on the rack.

Anyway, they said to get there at 6:30 AM for a 7 AM opening, and that they expect 200 hundred people to be in line outside the store that early!

Lil'DisneyMom
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Not worth it to me..I would rather spend the extra $1 or so, and not worry about the crowds. I went last year for the $1 flip flops and it was worse than Black Friday!!

eh24fan
05-21-2010, 08:46 PM
I used to love ON flip flops until they changed the manufacturer a couple of years ago. Now they kill my feet and dd breaks a pair once a week. Very cheaply made. Something about the placement of the straps on the bottom. The little plastic things dig into the bottom of my feet. They were in a different spot before. The heavier, $10 flip flops are still made the old way.

They are narrower and the straps are set farther back on the newer versions. I only have a few pairs and they always hurt my feet, the older ones NEVER did that. In fact, I wore the older ones in Disney in 2005 for 3 days, no blisters, my feet didn't hurt, etc. I had worn my very comfy sneakers the first day and my feet were KILLING ME, so I switched to my flip flops.

cjnix29
05-22-2010, 06:43 AM
slickdeals.net also has a $5 off $25 in store printable today.

Kika
05-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I also went last night and was told that they are not doing price adjustements. :( I ended up buying 2 pair for my DD for $2.50 each. We are in Florida, so one can always use flip flops down here. :) They look pretty cheaply made (for $2.50, what do I expect), but they'll be fine for going back and forth to gymnastics, the pool, etc.

tinkarooni
05-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Well how did everybody do? Again our store was pretty quiet. We got there at about 6:45 am for 7:00 am opening. At 6:48 she let us in. There were only about 16 people in line, men and women. No pushing, no problem. Tons of womens flip flops in solids and cute patterns. We took our time deciding, put some back, picked another. Men pretty much only had blue and black, boring and for girls there were very little choices. One pattern with pineapples and some solids but choices and sizes were very limited.

Even when I left there still was not that many people there. I don't know why this store doesn't get mobbed. It is only about 1 year old located in a Tanger factory outlet center, really nice area. I don't get it, I'm not complaining I just can't believe that you guys have such a tough time at your stores and ours is so quiet. :confused3

nicolita3
05-22-2010, 03:30 PM
I was the first in line and by the time they opened at 6:50 there were about 15 people in line they had a lot of options, for women solids, prints, fourth of july prints, and decorations on the straps. For men they had just solids: black, white, blue, orange, red and brown. For kids they had lots of patterns and solids. I got about six pairs and my mom got five. I was expecting a mob scene but it was anything but.

Mom2Em
05-22-2010, 03:41 PM
DD got 15 pairs thanks to Mom ;) and grandpa... Our store was pretty busy but not crazy busy... in and out in 10 mins.:thumbsup2

ncmickeyluvr
05-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Our store was a complete mob scene.....black Friday x 2 crazy!!! A police sgt friend told me that oour local store had to call for crown control :scared1: I went by at about 10am...not shopping for flip flops...they were still completely mobbed, sold out of all flip flops, and 2 police officers still there. People are insane sometimes!!!!

PS our store had a 5 pair per person limit.

Serling126
05-22-2010, 05:12 PM
My BBF and I got there at 8:30 after discovering they opened at 8am, it was crowded but not packed. There was a security officer standing outside so it must have been busy when they opened. They were pretty much out of prints & fun colors in my size, I ended up with pearly white, pearly brown & light blue for me. I got turquoise for my DD7 and managed to find a pink for DD 4. I am not a big fan of flip flops for kids, but they needed new shower shoes for camping! I had a tough time with the girls' sizes, they had tons of size 1/2 but almost nothing in 12/13 or 8/9. I thought about going back in, but how many flip flops do I really need??? :)

I thought they were much better quality than the ones I got last year from the Target dollar bins... only time will tell how they hold up.

ceecee
05-22-2010, 05:37 PM
We got some today at Target for .25 (dollar spot is 75% off). Cute leopard prints...cheapy but only .25.

Aisling
05-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I got there at 6:30 AM and there was already a really long line. They let the first hundred in at 7, and I had to wait about 10 minutes for people to start coming out for them to let the next group in a few at a time. I got my 5 pairs in the good colors just in case when I went back in they'd be gone. Paid, out the door and back to the end of the long line. Got in and got another 5 pairs, but I swear it was a mess by them with flip flops all over the floor. The size 7s were just about gone in every color but white.

For the hundreds of people still waiting in line and those just arriving, the pickings were slim by then. I made sure I got there early and got my 10 pairs for $10 in all the colors I wanted!

powellrj
05-22-2010, 06:29 PM
We pulled in right at 7 and they were lined up all the way through the parking lot. We got in line and they started letting people in about 7:10. It was really well organized. They had big boxes with sizes on them all over the store and then 2 walls covered. We each got our limit of flip flops and DD also got a bathing suit. I used my shopping bag I got a few weeks ago and they also gave me 10% off so I got a swim suit, and 5 pair of flip flops for $23 and change!

Disneyelf10
05-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I went to my store in Danvers, Ma- got there about 8:10am--had plenty no Black Friday.. they did limit it to a total of 5 pairs per person combined (women, men and kids). Glad I took my mom w/ me!

I will agree with some of the above posts that the staps hurt the bottom of my foot now and I dont recall that before. I still like them to kick around w/ the beach and pool and if I have to run outside quick.

They did has some new ones this year that were sorta of metallic in black, gold, silver, cooper. These seemed to have a more cushy feel then the regular ones. I haven't tried them yet--hoping they are comfy!

MsLeFever
05-22-2010, 10:11 PM
We showed up at 6:45 and were still among the first 40 people at the store. Everyone seemed in good spirits and a few employees led some cheers, passed out bags and let us know where we'd find everything inside. By the time they opened at 7 there were maybe 60 people there. Busy but not crazy.

Still, my daughter is a 1/2 and it is a good thing we were there bright and early because by 7:10 or so there were NO pairs left in her size!

Got 5 for her, a couple for DS and me and even a pair for DH (if he'll wear them).

It was fun, I'd go again.