PDA

View Full Version : Who pays everything with their Disney Visa, just to get the rewards? How? Bills too?

littlbugmom
05-19-2010, 12:20 PM
We're thinking about using our Disney Visa to pay our monthly bills, grocery shop etc....just to get the rewards to use on our next vacation. (not the one coming up in Nov but 2 years after that)

We pay our monthly bills by check right now. How easy is it to pay using your Disney Visa?

StacyMarie
05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I just got a Disney Visa and started paying my monthly bills using it. What I do is transfer money out of the account that my pay check is direct deposited into and transfer that to my checking account that my Disney Visa Debit is attached to and then I use my Disney Visa Debit to pay all my bills including groceries, gas, etc. I have a strict budget that I follow so for me, it is really a matter of transfering the amount of money I need to pay the bills for that month into the Disney Visa account and then going from there. Hope this helps!

bas71873
05-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I do. Not with my Disney Visa but I use my Discover card for the cash back program. I pay the majority of my bills online anyway, so I just set up automatic payment that his my Discover card. I get an emailed "bill" about 10days before the due date of the bill and then I get an email whent he payment has been charged to my card. I save all of those in folders w/in my email. I love it and I get the cash back rewards for those pesky bills :lmao:

There are a few of my bills that I still write checks for, my mortgage for example, because they want to charge a fee for paying online and I refuse to pay the fee.

My sister's princess
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
I pay everything I can with mine. Some of my monthly bills (car payments to small bank, rent) I can't. In general if you can something online, you can put it on your Disney Visa.

It is pretty easy to set up, just check and make sure they will take a credit card

We pay everything off in full at the end of the month so that

mrsklamc
05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
It was really easy when we used to do it. We actually used to have our phone and cable autobilled to our Disney Visa, it was great.

ilovediznee
05-19-2010, 12:39 PM
I started doing that, then would spend the money in my checking AND charge stuff so be sure you are DISCIPLINED or you will end up owing $$$$$$$$$$$$$, like me :(

Diane:eek::eek::eek:

AmberHeartsDisney
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Yup i pay everything possible with my Disney card!

Goofy&Sleepy
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
We use it for almost everything BUT I RECORD everything in my checkbook just as if it coming out of the account at that time. That keeps me honest....it would not work for me to just pay the bill when it comes & think I have more in my checking account to spend!:rotfl:

mdrob214
05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
I started doing that, then would spend the money in my checking AND charge stuff so be sure you are DISCIPLINED or you will end up owing $$$$$$$$$$$$$, like me :(

That is a great point! You have to keep up with it in your checking acct. register, etc.

We pay phone/cable/internet, garbage, water, gas & electric, cell phones, the kids' school lunch accounts, and insurance with the Disney Visa. Also gas and groceries. Most everything else (not counting mortgage) is cash. I have $1000 Disney Reward Dollars that have accumulated since Oct 2007. (but there are 2 trips, other airline tickets, DH's tuition, DS's braces on there, too)

None of this is worth charging if you're paying interest.

littlbugmom
05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
We use it for almost everything BUT I RECORD everything in my checkbook just as if it coming out of the account at that time. That keeps me honest....it would not work for me to just pay the bill when it comes & think I have more in my checking account to spend!:rotfl:

I think we'd do it this way, too.

Question------are there finance charges applied? We would pay it off every month.

dtr_angel
05-19-2010, 01:07 PM

That is what I do, and it works so well!

mdrob214
05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
I think we'd do it this way, too.

Question------are there finance charges applied? We would pay it off every month.

No finance charges as long as you pay--on time--every month.

littlbugmom
05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
It sounds like we should be doing this. We don't earn very many points right now because we don't use the credit card.....we put our last vacation on it and then paid it off but that only got us $130 on a gift card.

If you use it to pay for everything, can you give me an idea of how much you earn in rewards? Ballpark figures?

Can you pay for park tickets with rewards?

powelweb
05-19-2010, 01:30 PM
We got the card in Oct knowing we'd be going to Disney this coming December, and we've racked up over 300 points so far. we charge everything possible- gas, groceries, tolls, medical co-pays, donations, etc.

We also purchased a new mattress and paid off a cruise on the card.

Here's our activity by month to give an idea of how our rewards fluctuate from month to month,

20 Reward Dollars to expire on November 2014 statement date

62 Reward Dollars to expire on December 2014 statement date

39 Reward Dollars to expire on January 2015 statement date

38 Reward Dollars to expire on February 2015 statement date

68 Reward Dollars to expire on March 2015 statement date

31 Reward Dollars to expire on April 2015 statement date

66 Reward Dollars to expire on May 2015 statement date

summersalt
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
You can rack up some serious points by using it. I pay my electric bill, cell phone bill, cable, groceries, gas, etc... I had $485 dollars to use on my last vacation by doing this. You have to be disciplined and pay if off. DON'T carry credit card balances!!!

bamagirl@hrt
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
We do this. We put everything I can on our Disney Visa, and we pay it off each month. For our last family trip (4 of us) last October, we had two year's worth of reward dollars saved up. We had just over $1100 - just shy of paying for 9 nights on the DDP. My sister and I went in March, and I was paying for the DDP as part of her 30th b'day present. Since we bought new furniture in the winter, I had enough reward points in March to pay for the DDP for the 2 of us for 4 nights. (I also paid for her plane ticket, just so I don't sound cheap, getting her b'day present for "free").

Since March, I've accumulated another $120 or so in reward dollars. We aren't going to WDW this year, but we are going to the Disney Resort at Hilton Head Island, and I learned that we can use our reward dollars there. WOO-HOO!

rosiep
05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
I do it too. Groceries, utilities, cable and misc. I have a savings account and everytime I use the card I transfer that amount to savings, often rounding up so that I'm adding to my savings account to boot!
I check the account everyday online to be sure that I haven't missed something and that the money has been set aside.
I go to Disney 1-2 a year. It feels great to have that spending money come from everyday purchases.

blaze1599
05-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Luckily for us I own my own business and can run most of my vendors bills onto the card and then pay it off immediately (this is the key) and we average just under 140 dollars a month :cool1: in rewards dollars. This pays for us to vacation with spending money every other year including the airfare. Quite a nice little perk to have. We also put all our personal items on it as well and pay it off in full every month but that does not add much to the rewards.

We also go for about 10-12 days when we go. Hope this helps with your decision and remember that if you do not pay the card off every month its not worth the rewards to risk paying those interest fees.

Jason

Mickeypooh99
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I charge most things to Disney Visa, and earn about $300.00 per year. I keep track of everything on my computer using Quicken. Every purchase is recorded. We never pay interest on it.

I would earn more, but we also have a different credit card that ears 5% on grocery, gas station, and drug store purchases so we use that one for those things, and earn about $300.00 per year on that one too. (that one has a $300.00 limit per year)

Then we use the Discover card on purchases in the 5% categories that change every 3 months. We only manage about $200.00 in rewards on Discover per year. It can get confusing. My DH went to Home depot, and used the Disney Visa, and I was had to scold him for not using the Discover since that is the 5% category this month. :rotfl:

In all we usually earn at least $800.00 per year in credit card rewards, and pay no interest or fees.

Maybe we spend more by using credit than cash, but I really don't think its much more.

Redwolf8812
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
We're HUGE fans of the Disney Visa. We also put everything on it, including our property taxes. In Jersey, this REALLY racks up those rewards! :rotfl2:

Tink9295
05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I put everything I possibly can on my Disney Visa. This month we are getting 3times the points. So it's even more important to put groceries and gas on there. We also purchased a new funace, hot water heater and replacement windows/doors for the house. We put all that on the visa. As long as I don't get charged a fee for charging, I will put it on my visa. We are doing an addition, new kitchen and bathroom. So anything we purchased will be put on the visa and will pay off in full. NEVER keep a balance.

At the very least, I will have enough points to buy no expiration park passes that will last for a few trips. :cool1:

labdogs42
05-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Hmm, I like this idea. So, if I wanted to start this, say this month, I would charge my cable bill to the Visa and set that money aside in my checking account. Then, when the Visa bill comes, I pay it off. Sounds pretty straight forward. I like it!

amyy
05-19-2010, 05:22 PM
I put everything I can on my Disney Visa too and pay it off each month. I don't have the bills that others have so I don't rack up the rewards as quickly but every bit counts.

QVCshopper
05-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I charge all of my bills with a credit card that gives me 2% back on EVERY purchase into a 529 plan for my DD5. On a low month, we get $30, usually more. We charge everything; even $2 purchases. The only bills I don't charge are my life insurance, gas/electric bill, and kids' preschool b/c they don't let me or charge a fee. I spend probably $20 or less in cash/month.

You either set up a recurring charge (like our house/car insurance) or go online to that site's website and pay each month (like Comcast). I think we've gotten a nice little college nestegg for our DD this way...

2005s4
05-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I was using mine to pay for all of the bills associated with my business (300k+/yr).. but now all of my distributors are tacking on a 3% fee if paid by credit card so I don't use it :(

lisaross
05-19-2010, 06:58 PM
very interesting thread...while i do put some stuff on my credit card like Gas..i pay most of my bills directly from my checking account on-line. I guess in place of this i could just put it on a credit card that gives cash back (not sure when our next disney trip will be) and then pay that off in full.

The things i'd like to put on the charge account each month would be Verizon bill, Electric, Gas, wonder if i could pay my mortgage??

So would i have to go on these sites each month and make a payment to my credit card, or can i call up u think and just have them charge it to my cc each month? It is currently so easy paying thru my online checking account but i would make more money putting it on the credit card. I would like a credit card designated just for monthly bills like those above - seems easier to manage.

A10560
05-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I do mine a little different then everyone else on here. I pay my bills weekly. What ever is due I pay on dh's payday. I pay the bill with the credit card and then to make sure I don't spend the money I add it all up and pay the Disney Visa. For instance I paid cell phone, groceries, gas and water bill today. I then paid $2xx.xx to Disney. The rewards dollars are still earned every month.

PaulaSue
05-19-2010, 09:12 PM
we do the rewards cards to get free money and not carry big cash out for big things

RachaelA
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
There are charges to pay our utilities with a credit card. There was also a charge to pay our property taxes with a credit card (which was actually more than the rewards dollars).

We do pay our cable/internet/phone and cell phone bills with our Disney Visa.

We had $348 in 11 months for this past trip. The trip before was around $300 in 11 months.

We've never gotten a 3x reward dollars that we could yes.

The Princess
05-19-2010, 09:24 PM
We use our disney visa for alot of stuff....we just write everything down so when the bill comes there is no surprises...the key is to pay it off in full each and every month!!!

Maleficent's Folly
05-19-2010, 09:34 PM
We use our card exclusively when we have a DL trip coming up that year...and we always pay it off every month.

Last December, I cashed out some of the rewards to use at Disneystore.com. With it, we were able to decorate our new Mickey bathroom for free!

georgina
05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
The things i'd like to put on the charge account each month would be Verizon bill, Electric, Gas, wonder if i could pay my mortgage??

So would i have to go on these sites each month and make a payment to my credit card, or can i call up u think and just have them charge it to my cc each month? It is currently so easy paying thru my online checking account but i would make more money putting it on the credit card. I would like a credit card designated just for monthly bills like those above - seems easier to manage.

Every utility company is probably different, but my Verizon wireless bill goes automatically to my credit card every month. I get a e-mail when the statement is ready, which gives 3 weeks until the charge goes through on the card. Then they remind me when they actually make the charge. My gas and electric won't take credit cards, but my insurance company for home and car does!

amberjack
05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
I pay almost everything with mine, except my mortgage, which is an automatic bank draft. You can make cc payments online as often as every 3 days. I am self employed and don't have a "pay day", so it is easier for me to pay off my balance at the end of each week. Keeps me from spending the money twice... and from the shock of seeing just how much we actually spend in a month :lmao:

kkmcan
05-20-2010, 09:34 AM
We pay our cable/internet, Verizon, phone land line, water and electric with our disney visa. Also our dd's braces payment goes on there as well as gas, groceries, vacations/hotels, and airlines (if any for the year) and anything else we would buy or pay for such as eating out, clothes etc.

We average $16-$20 per month of reward dollars. Over the last 15 months we've racked up $400 in disney reward dollars. Not bad at all!

We will use half of this to eat with at DL next month and save other half for our Disney cruise in Jan. By then we will have earned another $150 or so.

We have a capital one no hassle rewards visa as well. But we don't use that very much.

StitchandPooh'sMom
05-20-2010, 09:42 AM
We pay everything we can with the Disney Visa - cable/internet/phone, newspaper and cell phone are billed to the CC directly, as is the monthly payment for DD's braces. I charge gas, groceries, even breakfast at Chick-fil-a. I pay the Visa online once or twice a month - sometimes the balance gets big mid-month (like when we charged DD's braces deposit :scared1:), and it makes me feel better to make two payments per month instead of one large one. I write very few checks these days and carry very little cash. As several PPs have said, it is not worth it if you carry a balance - the finance charges will be way more than the 1% you get back from Disney Visa. But it is a painless way to earn a few dollars for vacation as long as you can pay it off every month.

SuzanneSLO
05-20-2010, 11:07 AM
We charge everything to our CC for the rewards and pay it off each month. It gets to the point that we no longer see our checking account as a source for money. It is only used for paying the mortgage and the credit card. We just watch our CC each day to make sure we are not over our personally imposed "credit limit" for each month. -- Suzanne

Sinderelly
05-20-2010, 11:37 AM
We pay everything we can with our Disney Visa then we go online every few days and pay it off. We have earned $420 in reward dollrs since October 2009. Never pay interest. :goodvibes

ocalla
05-20-2010, 11:38 AM
We use it for everything we can also. Just cashed out another $380 for our July trip!!!

I always pay off the balance a few times a month since I have a lower credit limit, it works out great!!!

LaDonna
05-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm so showing this thread to my dh, he thinks I'm nuts because I also want to charge everything to the card.

LaDonna
05-20-2010, 01:08 PM
isn't there a limit on the rewards you can earn every month/year????

mdrob214
05-20-2010, 01:29 PM
isn't there a limit on the rewards you can earn every month/year????

There used to be, but not anymore.

bettymae1121
05-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't do Disney, but United Airlines miles. I earn about 25k miles a year, or enough for one free round-trip domestic ticket. Actually, I usually save the miles up and use them for 1st class upgrades instead, since I can usually score free airline tickets through my job (travel agent).

We charge EVERYTHING. Unless the total is less than $5 it goes on the card. Gas, groceries, home improvement, household purchases, vet care...basicly everything except medical (we have a flex spend debit card for medical) and our mortgage! :)

Because we put virtually all our purchases and bills on the credit card, we don't really spend cash out of our checking acount. The money just sits in checking until I pay the credit card bill and the mortgage. I track our credit card purchases each morning when I download them into Quicken, so I'm always aware of what we've spent the previous day or two, and I can see if we are reaching what we've budgeted for the month in each catagory. Making sure we have the money to pay the bill has never been a problem since I'm constantly looking at what charges have come through and comparing it to the budget and what we have in checking.

ETA: That sounds like more work than it is, it usually takes me less than 5 minutes a day to download the transactions and see how our spending compares to our budget for the month! :)

ChrisinNJ
05-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I once earned enough to cover tickets for my family of 5.

We did an addition on our house. We gave the building supply co. our credit card info & our contractor info. Every board, beam, door, window, roof shingle, piece of sheetrock, everything but labor went onto the card, along with regular spending.

When I started planning my Oct. 08 trip I had over 1100 disney reward dollars. I used a portion of them to pay for MNSSHP tickets.

I bought my base tickets through undercovertourist with the disney visa, and used the disney visa for the condo rental as well. When we left for our trip we had over 1000 reward dollars again. We used this for all of our dining in the park, and all of our souveniers including many many pins :)

We still use the Disney visa for regular spending, but not everything. I take advantage of the 5% Discover offers, and use my old navy & kohl's cards in those stores.

We have a home based business so we charge some supplies to the Disney visa. But we get paid on our website via Paypal so we use the paypal debit card for most of our gas & dining out, and all of our shipping fees.

I know we have over 300 reward dollars now (saved since Nov. 08). Not sure when our next trip to WDW will be, but unless there is some crazy too good to pass up deal offered this year, it will probably be sometime 2011 or 2012. My DS wants to go to Legoland when it opens.

ChrisinNJ
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
We're HUGE fans of the Disney Visa. We also put everything on it, including our property taxes. In Jersey, this REALLY racks up those rewards! :rotfl2:

Does your town charge a fee for this? I noticed last time I paid my taxes that CCs are accepted but that a fee would apply. I didn't ask how high the fee is, but if it is a percentage, then it is probably not worth doing. 1% of last years taxes would have been $104.00 :headache: :eek: :sick:

hcmommy
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
My husband and I recently got the $200 rewards card offers so we both applied and were approved. I just started using mine and only a few charges have shown up. No rewards points I have earned or the 200 rewards points have shown up yet. If I go ahead and pay off what I have charged will I still get the points or should I wait until all the points have shown up to pay?

StitchandPooh'sMom
05-20-2010, 05:13 PM
My husband and I recently got the $200 rewards card offers so we both applied and were approved. I just started using mine and only a few charges have shown up. No rewards points I have earned or the 200 rewards points have shown up yet. If I go ahead and pay off what I have charged will I still get the points or should I wait until all the points have shown up to pay?

Points get added when your statement closes for the month. You don't have to wait until your statement to pay it off - the rewards will still show up.

ICF
05-20-2010, 06:12 PM
We got the card in Oct knowing we'd be going to Disney this coming December, and we've racked up over 300 points so far. we charge everything possible- gas, groceries, tolls, medical co-pays, donations, etc.

We also purchased a new mattress and paid off a cruise on the card.

Here's our activity by month to give an idea of how our rewards fluctuate from month to month,

20 Reward Dollars to expire on November 2014 statement date

62 Reward Dollars to expire on December 2014 statement date

39 Reward Dollars to expire on January 2015 statement date

38 Reward Dollars to expire on February 2015 statement date

68 Reward Dollars to expire on March 2015 statement date

31 Reward Dollars to expire on April 2015 statement date

66 Reward Dollars to expire on May 2015 statement date

That's over $32K charged in 7 months!!! I'd say congrats on earning the rewards, but that seems like some crazy spending.

Even if I had a car payments or mortgage payments on there I wouldnt be close to that amount.

disney1990
05-20-2010, 06:17 PM

I put everything possible on our Disney Visa. But, I can't overspend, because I deduct each transaction from my checkbook, just like I was writing a check.

jenseib
05-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I put everything I possibly can on my Disney Visa. This month we are getting 3times the points. So it's even more important to put groceries and gas on there. We also purchased a new funace, hot water heater and replacement windows/doors for the house. We put all that on the visa. As long as I don't get charged a fee for charging, I will put it on my visa. We are doing an addition, new kitchen and bathroom. So anything we purchased will be put on the visa and will pay off in full. NEVER keep a balance.

At the very least, I will have enough points to buy no expiration park passes that will last for a few trips. :cool1:

Is everyone earning 3 times the points this month? If not, how does that come about?

I just got the Disney Visa, but I had another chase card that I was charging everything on to get points and paying it off every couple of days. I am now using the disney one instead to earn the rewards.

patsal
05-22-2010, 06:33 AM
I do this. I cannot put the car payment or mortgage on it. Everything else is. We pay in full when the bill comes. Every other year I have enough rewards to pay for 2-3 PAPs. I do have two cards, one joint account and one in my name. I use the joint account for everything and I use my own acount for the 0% interest promotionals when we cruise. While I know there are better rewards cards out there, right now this is the one that works best for me.

powelweb
05-22-2010, 08:40 AM
That's over $32K charged in 7 months!!! I'd say congrats on earning the rewards, but that seems like some crazy spending.

Even if I had a car payments or mortgage payments on there I wouldnt be close to that amount.

Not all of that spending is ours- we had a family cruise in February 2010 that had final payments due in December, and since I was the point person for all the bookings, everyone paid me and I transferred the payments to the cruise line.

The pieces that were ours include spikes for car repairs on our 2001 vehicles and a new mattress - all paid for from savings, just put on the card for the rewards.

ZephyrHawk
05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
We utilize the point systems that give you extra for food and gas purchases. Our Disney Visa is our exclusive food and gas card. We've been doing this since our last trip in 2007. We're probably going to be able to cut $600 from the trip we're planning this fall with the points we've earned since.

OhMari
05-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I do mine a little different then everyone else on here. I pay my bills weekly. What ever is due I pay on dh's payday. I pay the bill with the credit card and then to make sure I don't spend the money I add it all up and pay the Disney Visa. For instance I paid cell phone, groceries, gas and water bill today. I then paid $2xx.xx to Disney. The rewards dollars are still earned every month. I do the same thing. I see people pay Disney VISA online, I just call. For some reason, I can never get onto the website. Plus when I call, I also double check the amounts that I charged for the week, comparison to my check book. Then I pay by phone.

My husband and I recently got the $200 rewards card offers so we both applied and were approved. I just started using mine and only a few charges have shown up. No rewards points I have earned or the 200 rewards points have shown up yet. If I go ahead and pay off what I have charged will I still get the points or should I wait until all the points have shown up to pay? I think someone else said, the points show up at the end of the billing cycle. You only receive $1.00 for every $100 you charge. I've been noticing lately, that Disney VISA will give me the $1.00 reward, even if I am short a few dollars of $100.

ie. I charged $86 for cable, and they gave me $1.00 in rewards.

Tink9295
05-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Is everyone earning 3 times the points this month? If not, how does that come about?

I just got the Disney Visa, but I had another chase card that I was charging everything on to get points and paying it off every couple of days. I am now using the disney one instead to earn the rewards.

The 3X is a special offer that comes in the mail and you have to register for it. It doesn't happen very often and I don't think everyone gets it. I think the last time was a few years ago and that was 5X.

EMom
05-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I do the same thing. I see people pay Disney VISA online, I just call. For some reason, I can never get onto the website. Plus when I call, I also double check the amounts that I charged for the week, comparison to my check book. Then I pay by phone.

I think someone else said, the points show up at the end of the billing cycle. You only receive $1.00 for every $100 you charge. I've been noticing lately, that Disney VISA will give me the $1.00 reward, even if I am short a few dollars of $100.

I am confused. Please help me out on this.

Say I get the card and I charge $10,000 per year. (My DH wishes it was that little. :rotfl2:) What would I get back in reward money? $100? $1000? It simply cannot be $1000...That's too good to be true.

Thanks for any info. :thumbsup2

hcmommy
05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
My DH got ANOTHER offer for $150 in rewards and I got another for $200 in rewards. We just opened two seperate cards with $200 in rewards each last week. If we open these cards too just for the rewards so soon will it negatively affect our credit?

Emom-It would be $100 in rewards, not $1000.

patsal
05-22-2010, 04:32 PM
I am confused. Please help me out on this.

Say I get the card and I charge $10,000 per year. (My DH wishes it was that little. :rotfl2:) What would I get back in reward money? $100? $1000? It simply cannot be $1000...That's too good to be true.

Thanks for any info. :thumbsup2

1% of $10,000 is $100

ICF
05-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I've been noticing lately, that Disney VISA will give me the $1.00 reward, even if I am short a few dollars of $100.

that's because they round up....as long as your hit the $50 mark they will round you up to the next $ level. So, $150 will get you $2 in rewards, just as $245 would.

crisi
05-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Nah, we have better rewards cards. The Disney Visa is now my "sit by the computer for internet shopping card."

3happydancers
05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
We too, use our Disney Visa for many things. Unfortunately, some things I would like to use it for I either can't or it doesn't pay to. Anyone else have this problem?

Things I can't or won't use it for:

Electric-does not accept cc payments
gas-we do not have service for my home
heating oil-all companies want to tack on a minimum of 2% fee OR charge more for the oil
Cars-paid off
Insurance-will not accept cc payments

but...Mortgage-I am not sure. I will have to investigate ::yes::

Things I can use it for:

Groceries
Gas
Cable/phone/Internet service
Internet shopping
A small loan I have which will be paid off this September
Anything Disney-Tickets, DDP, lodging (if I am using my DVC points)

This year we have about 320.00 in rewards.:dance3:

bjscheel
05-22-2010, 10:07 PM
We could have DH use it for fuel- for the semi he charges $3000-$4000 in fuel each month. Right now he is using Discover getting 1%, so that's the same, but it's cash, not Disney Dollars. We also got a Capital One that pays 2% on fuel, but the limit is only $2000 so he can only use it a couple times a month, or else it will go over by the time the statement gets paid. If we start planning another trip, I will probably have him switch to the Disney card.

Goofy&Sleepy
05-23-2010, 06:49 AM
DH & I applied for his when a DVC in room ad gave $100 rewards when applying. The card in his room is strictly used for monthly payments that are set up on the card (YMCA/Electric bill/cell/satellite) that way I know what the payment is going to be & go ahead & budget those out. We use mine for the daily transactions which I record in the checking account w/an * to know they are visa.

btw...since we are DVC, we don't qualify for free dining so our rewards are usually cashed in to pay for DDP on our annual trip.

neatokimmo
05-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I use my card for everything too. I also buy big ticket items for my Mom, like her hardwood flooring last month. That gave me an extra $20.

For the poster who paid off a group cruise with your card, I do that too! My TA has my card number and the local people just give me cash. I keep track of who owes what on a spreadsheet.

I can pay cable modem and cell on my card. I can't do property taxes or water. I can pay the power company but their fee is $3. I've thought about paying a year's worth (about 2.5K) in one shot to max out points. But then I'd loose out on a puny CD rate so its a wash.