PDA

View Full Version : Virgin upgrade to Premium Economy... 786??

thestevied
05-19-2010, 10:26 AM
We're flying to Orlando in September this year and I thought I'd phone Virgin to enquire about upgrading to Premium Economy, for the outbound flight only, for 2 adults - me and the wife.

The price I was quoted was 786. This seems a bit high to me, I was pretty sure I'd read about 250 each somewhere on these boards.

Anyone had a similar experience, or upgraded for a better price??

2Tiggies
05-19-2010, 10:30 AM
The prices change constantly and the higher class seats also come in different categories ("budget" to full fare) so you may find out the cheaper upgrades are sold and you don't have too much to pick from. We are going in October and when I phoned in january asking about upgrades they were pretty expensive .... :rolleyes1 If the 700 odd is for 2 of you, yours looks comparitively like a bargain! There were only a handful of seats on the outbound and PE was full on the return - and that was almost 10 months out!

torsie24
05-19-2010, 10:53 AM
We booked our flihgts on Monday.

We were an extra 160 each to upgrade to PE on the way home.

I didn't ask about the way out, but we'd have been 500 extra each to upgrade from Economy to PE for both legs. So I think the outbound must be more expensive. (Suits me as I'd sit on the wing to get there, but I am miserable coming home so a bit more comfort will help sweeten the fact that the trip is over!

thestevied
05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Interesting! Just phoned again and asked about the return flights. Was quoted 150 plus 580 (not sure why the plus 580....) so a total of 730 for both of us to fly prem. economy on the return flight.

Economy it is!!!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I think we are paying around 300 each for the return journey in October!