PDA

View Full Version : Is a 2nd room w/ free dining the way to go?

jltwdw
05-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Kind of hard to explain...but here goes:
DM has DVC. Due to a long explanation that isn't relevant, the points have to be used by end of July and cannot be used at a DVC resort. Made ressies at CB for 7 nights. Was thinking of adding dining, but hadn't done it yet. DM called tonight and is concerned w/ us being too crowded in one room so wants to get a 2nd (privacy/bathroom issues). Since the 2nd room wouldn't be DVC rented, and I have a code for free dining, would it work to cancel 3 of 4 people out of DVC room and put them into free dining room w/ one day park passes (we have passes already). In my mind this would look like paying for one room and getting 2 plus free dining (kinda-sorta...I know DVC isn't free:rotfl:) I know this leaves one person w/out the dining, but can one name be put onto both ressies and get the dining for everyone?

Sorry this sounds pretty confusing:confused:, I'm just trying to sort out this monkey-wrench thrown into the picture...and getting the best bang for our buck too.

thebeesknees
05-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Your best bet would be to call Disney and ask them. You will definitely be able to put the 3 people in the other room and get the dining, as you said. They will be able to tell you if you can put the 4th person down for both rooms to get the free dining for them. That said, there are so many meals that you can share, that even if you can't ge the free dining for the other person, I don't think anyone will be starving. We had credits left at the end of our last trip, and there were 5 of us, even though we only had the dining plan for 4 (the 2-year-old eats quite a bit, but didn't have the plan, so he shared off our plates). You can always pay out of pocket for a few meals at the end of the week if you find that you don't have enough credits left.