PDA

View Full Version : Price of Disneys misting fans?

justplaingoofy
05-18-2010, 05:31 PM
anyone know much Disneys misting fans cost? My friend is going down to Disney in Sept. and is thining about either getting the misting fans at Disney or picking some lesser expensive ones at Walmart..

disfanmelK
05-18-2010, 05:44 PM
They are $17 at the parks. We just had to pick one up when we were there 2 weeks ago and it was 90 degrees!:scared:

Mom2m&k
05-18-2010, 06:05 PM
We were there last week and they were $17. I saw a few of the ones from Walmart around and frankly wished I had bought them there instead! The Walmart ones are abit smaller and easier to carry around. There is nothing really special about the Disney ones...go for cheap!!

luvMickey72
05-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Yes, get one before you go, couldn't stand it last June and bought one, was the best money I spent, but wished I would have got one cheaper before I went!

a1tinkfans
05-18-2010, 06:17 PM
IMHO you are better off getting one at Walmart, it is small, has a carabiner to hang off a belt loop, backpack etc, holds water and Mists with the little fan, runs on battery, it comes in loads of colors, just purchased another one last week, under $5, lightweight, and works wonders
I found it by fans...they had lots of types to choose from, some big, some small and many colors. :hippie:

deb24k
05-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Funny, I was going to sat that we have bought our own prior to a trip and then decided that despite the price the ones at the parks were just better quality. As an added bounus they will replace your battery free of charge it it dies and you have the receipt and we could always get ice cold water to replenish it at any stand. Now we generally travel in the summer and use a stroller so stating cool is a priority and carrying items is not a large concern.

MinnieForMe
05-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi:
In August (at least in New England) Walmart marks their fans down. I picked up 5 of them at .89 cents each. If your friend is going in September, tell her to keep her eyes open at her local Walmart.

My kids didn't mind having "fake" fans. It was more money for snacks!

Soon2B4
05-19-2010, 07:41 AM
I agree with waiting and going to WalMart. We went last year at the end of Aug. I purchased my fans at WalMart for $9. Right before our trip, they were marked down to 1.50. They worked great, just pack extra batteries. Every morning we filled it with ice at the hotel.

princessmorgan
05-19-2010, 08:48 AM
I tried using a fake fan on one of our trips. I didn't really notice a huge quality difference, but my children were so envious of the Disney fans. It was the one souvie they all wanted, so they actually used their own Disney dollars to buy them. It was worth the 17 dollars not to hear them ask me for another one again. And if anything happens to them at the parks, they'll replace it. The only other thing they asked for was a glow thing at night, but that was it, so I think I got off pretty easy the whole trip :)

disneyfan2kids
05-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Lasted all of 3 days.

Buy them at dollar store and stock up...then you don't feel angry when they break 2 days later.

m&m's mom
05-19-2010, 12:20 PM
I am planning on buying at least one at WDW. The ones I have bought at Wal Mart are of very poor quality and broke soon after using. If the ones at WDW break while we are there, I will have them replace it.

Minnie_me
05-19-2010, 12:24 PM
The ones we bought at WalMart did not work. Very poorly made.

The Disney ones were more ($14 when we went in 2007), but they worked GREAT, and we still have them and still use them!

Soon2B4
05-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm surprised that people had problems with the wal-mart fan. We had ours running the entire day with no problems. We actually used them for our youngest who was only 4 months at the time. It was 95 without the heat index and he had no sweat on him at all. The rest of us, that's a different story!:)

nuts4wdw
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
We have the disney ones, but are buying cheaper ones this time. As on our last trip someone stole my son's fan when we ran into the bathroom, he left his in our stroller seat. So, hopefully my ugly green ones off ebay won't be as tempting.;)

surfergirl602
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
we get the ones from walmart!! Easier for the kids and sooo much cheaper! We've always been able to fill them up with the ice/water at the parks. The kids ask, and the CM's have no problem with it at all. Many times they've actually asked if they wanted a fresh refill when they see them with them.

labdogs42
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
My Disney fan has been on at least 5 trips now and it is still going strong. I take cheapo dollar store batteries with me in case they wear out and I fill it with ice from the hotel every morning. Works great! If you use it enough it is worth the $$!

mimicat
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
They have them at CVS for $9.99 but are on sale this week for 20% off - the quality seems great.

2DisPrincesses
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Our Walmart fan also died- Disney fan is still going strong.

stitchlovestink
05-19-2010, 10:00 PM
just another little tip.... when we bought our Disney fan, they were buy one get one 50% off. I commented to the CM that it was going to be a pain having to keep track of 2 of them, and she said 'well, if you only want one then it would be 25% off.' That worked perfect for us. I like my WDW fan much better and more reliable that the cheapy WM ones...but that's just MHO. :goodvibes

JB2K
05-20-2010, 09:01 AM
"much better quality?"

It seems a lot of us tend to forget that the Disney-festooned fans, just like the ones from Walmart (among other stores) are all made in China (and probably from the same factory!).

I guess some people have to justify that $17 they spent...

ptlycloudy
05-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Do the battery operated fan type ones work better than the non battery ones? I have a misty mate 2.5 that I bought with register rewards at Walgreens and you just pump it. Would that work well? Not having used one before I am not sure what will give the most relief. I am concerned about a fan type and my girls long hair getting tangled in it. Is it the fan that provides the relief or the water mist?

Lexxiefern
05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
They have them at CVS for $9.99 but are on sale this week for 20% off - the quality seems great.

I bought mine at CVS last week for the $7.99 sale price. It works well. Going to try it out on our trip in June. Plus I used extra bucks to pay for it, so basically free! Probably going to get one more (so the girls don't fight) and maybe I will put disney stickers on them :)

Planogirl
05-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I was just looking at misting fans at Wal-Mart this morning. They have the cheap ones still but they also have some deluxe fans for $9. Maybe those work better?

millerpjm
05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have a picture of these fans (Disney or otherwise)?

Planogirl
05-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I think that this is the deluxe mister that Wal-Mart had. It's at least similar. Amazon has several.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N8ZG02FGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

mistysue
05-20-2010, 12:27 PM
What section of the store are they in?

I try to never go to walmart, so when I do I can never find anything. If I want one of those fans, where do I find it?

Planogirl
05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
I found them in the hardware area by the box fans.

I go to Wal-Mart a lot but only my own. Another Wal-Mart confuses me because they tend to be laid out differently. :)