PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Garage Sale this Weekend!!

LynnTH
05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
We had our city wide garage sales this past weekend. It gets tons of people. They come from hours away and lots of them stay overnight in hotels. Thursday was rainy and cold but still had a reasonable amount of traffic. Friday and Saturday was sunny and beautiful. The people were out in full force. There were probably a dozen sales within a block of my house so there were people everywhere.

Now, I started couponing 2 years ago thanks to this site and then following the forum on afullcup.com. So, when a great deal comes up I order coupons and then use what I need and put the rest away for my sale.

Kids clothes was also a great seller. People were buying armloads of clothes. I had boys and girl clothes size 6-8. These were marked anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 depending on what it was. I even had some sets marked for more than that that sold. Clothes sells well here and the clothes were in great condition and I had lots from Justice/Limited Too.

So, with all that said. There were also a few other families that brought stuff over to sell. My family alone made a whopping $2,300. Total for everyone was over $3,600. It was awesome. This money goes right into our Disney Fund for next year.

My husband used to laugh at me for going out and getting all these deals (and filling up the basement and the attic with bins of stuff). He doesn't laugh anymore when he sees the kind of money I can make from a garage sal on this stuff. So, now I have to start getting my stock pile up again.

DVCBELLE
05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Wow - that is AWESOME! A woman in our neighborhood does this too - as a couponer I can't justify her prices ;) but she always has a ton of people at her house!

LynnTH
05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I usually try to mark my items at about 1/2 of what you could buy it at the store. So, everyone gets a deal!!

MANDY48449
05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Awesome i love going to garage sales

caribear
05-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Wow!! That's great!! I had a garage sale 2 weeks ago....it was in our community and advertised in the paper....yet I only made $360. I had Gymboree/Gap/Carters clothes from my 2 kids and I only marked them $1...and they still did not sell...even though they looked brand new. I sold unused bibs for $0.25..and those sold...but I have so much clothing left it is unreal. I used to be a CVS'er.....so I had tons of body wash, deoderant, mascara, shampoo...marked them all $0.50 and people tried to get it for $0.25!! I set up at 5am....and stayed outside in the 95 degree humidity until 1pm....so not worth it to me! Of course DH hates to haggle...so he ran inside and would not even help me...except to set up/clean up!!

Handbag Lady
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM
There is a huge sale once a year here in the Los Angeles area. It is SO much fun we'll often get a hotel room for the weekend near the sale just to relax before and after the sale.

This year, I got a giant light-up Halloween decoration for $5! How can you beat that, it was brand new! (My sister does her whole house in Halloween so I gave it to her.)

One lady owns or is related to a Starbucks and usually has free coffee out for everyone, and everyone is so nice.

I don't know when next year's is on, but I can't wait.