PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Travel Company - want to change booking. Do we lose deposit?

angel659
05-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi,

I rang WDTC yesterday, because we may need to change the dates of our holiday. We were told that if the holiday was less than the original booking we would lose our initial 200.00 deposit.:confused3

Today I looked on the T&C no where on the site does it state you lose the 200.00 deposit, but you would only pay 50.00 amendment fee.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Has anyone changed their booking with WDTC.

Many thanks.
Michelle.

catherine
05-18-2010, 03:24 PM
last year we had tickets booked with Disney UK and when free dining came out we decided to book our accomodation with them as well. We had to cancel our initial booking for the tickets and rebook with tickets and accomodation. We were then refunded all of our money for the tickets and we didn't have to pay any money to alter the booking.

wayneg
05-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Sounds like whoever you spoke to is treating it as a cancellation and rebooking rather than an alteration. Is there a big difference in dates or is it just a few days you are changing?

2Tiggies
05-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Sounds like whoever you spoke to is treating it as a cancellation and rebooking rather than an alteration. Is there a big difference in dates or is it just a few days you are changing?

That was my initial thought on the subject too. You pay an amendment fee per person on your booking, which is always cheaper than losing the deposit (also per person). Phone back and speak to someone else. What you were told doesn't sound right to me. Also, if it it is not flight inclusive (I assume it isn't based on the deposit amount you indicated) then there should be no fee if you increase the cost of your holiday so may be worth looking at a cheap add-on if this is possible so that you actually "get" something for the extra charge. ;)

angel659
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi

thank you for the advice. We might be changing it by a few days. I have looked online it's cheaper to lose my deposit if they won't take the 200 off. I will ring them again and hopefully I will know more. It didn't sound right, but when I called back the office was closed. :0(

thanks again

wayneg
05-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Just changing a few days without lowering value of holiday you should get away without paying anything, same if the holiday value increases. Lowering cost should be a 50 amendment fee, usually charged per booking not per person.
Hope you get a better response.

2Tiggies
05-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Don't let them change it until they confirm the fee due (if any). As Wayne says, if you don't reduce the price of your holiday then there should be no amendment fee. If they tell you otherwise, ask to speak to someone else. I have learned that it is better with WDTC to get things done correctly the first time. Sorting them out can drag on for weeks - or in my case, for months!

angel659
05-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Thank you. Unfortunately it will be cheaper so we would pay the 50 to change it, but over all we would save 500.00. I phoned WDW company they said that it is 50 charge overall as long as accomodation stays the same and the deposit will come off the holiday. So I am chuffed. Now I need to work out the exact dates to change it to.

Thank you for your help.

:thumbsup2

2Tiggies
05-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Thank you. Unfortunately it will be cheaper so we would pay the 50 to change it, but over all we would save 500.00. I phoned WDW company they said that it is 50 charge overall as long as accomodation stays the same and the deposit will come off the holiday. So I am chuffed. Now I need to work out the exact dates to change it to.

Thank you for your help.

:thumbsup2

That makes a whole lot more sense. Glad you got it sorted. At least now you can breathe and plan :) instead of worrying and trying to re-plan ;)

angel659
05-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Thats right. I can relax now. Phew.

Thanks again.