PDA

View Full Version : Just Booked Contemporary Concierge!

Kerri
08-11-2002, 08:19 PM
I am so excited! I just booked Contemporary concierge for $289.00 a night for the week of 10/27/02. Wasn't sure we were going to go this year as we just found out we're having another baby in March (DS is 20 months), but I was just messing around, found this rate and DH said "Go for it"! Gotta love him!

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!

Kerri

Off-site 10/95 and 6/96
Port Orleans 11/97 (honeymoon)
Disneyland 10/98
Contemporary 9/99
Polynesian/Disney Wonder 5/00
All-Star Music 11/01
Disneyland 2/02
Contemporary 10/02!!

CaliforniaDreaming
08-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Congratulations! :)

I stayed at the Tower Club in December, had a wonderful time! We had the Magic Kingdom View, and let me tell you, it has the best view of the three MK resorts on the lagoon! You could look over at the park (actually looking down on it), and see things going on. The concierge staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the food offerings were nice (they have continental breakfast and afternoon snacks).

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Janet2k
08-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Kerri, congrats on the baby and congrats on the upcoming CR stay. Like CaliforniaDreaming, I had a nice stay there, too. The CR concierge staff was very nice and the continental breakfast offerings were yummy. I have some photos of my CR Tower Club room and the Tower Club food area posted here: click here to view my on-line photo albums. (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/janettwokay/lst?.dir=/Walt+Disney+World/Contemporary+Resort&.src=ph&.view=) I hope you have a wonderful stay!

Kerri
08-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Thanks so much! The pictures are great! I can't wait!

jldriscoll
08-12-2002, 08:33 PM
WOW that's great!!! your rate is amazing!!! Our tower room for Feb 2003 is $335 right now! Codes are fabulous things!!

I'll be curious to hear what your experience is....maybe I can talk DH into upgrading :teeth:

goofyandmore
08-12-2002, 09:00 PM
What a great gift to give a newly pregnant woman!! Hey maybe all of our husbands will get the hint! What a great rate too!! Is this for the tower club or full concierage? Isn't there a difference? I was booking the GF for early November and then was thinking about the BC but if I could get your rate for Nov. maybe it's the Contemporary! Thanks, Carolyn

ZowmanmeetsMouse
08-12-2002, 09:27 PM
Congrats. Remember, when staying on the concierge floor, you must TIP if you really want that extra service. Don't get me wrong, the staff on these floors work for gratuities. They will get you the moon if you shell out the bucks. If you dont, you will get great service, but nothing more that a slight step up from the front desk. Remember the line money talks, ___ walks. Also, most requests for above and beyond service should come with a $10.00 minimum tip. I have been reading too many posts on this board about dissatisfied concierge floor guests. Not one of them has mentioned how much, if any, they shelled out in tips. If I had to guess, they expected too much for nothing.
:cool:

gepetto
08-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Concierge staff (other than housekeeping) is not allowed to accept tips. They will be first to tell you so, too.:Pinkbounc

Kerri
08-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Hi all! Thanks for the responses!

I got that rate off of Expedia (Travelocity had it for the same dates as well). I was just plugging in different dates for fun and I happened on the promo rate.

Carolyn, Expedia had rates for the first full week of November as low as $159 for standard view, $229 for tower view and $269 for tower concierge. That's even less than mine! Hmmm..

No matter where you end up staying, have a great trip!

Disney-Kim
08-14-2002, 06:04 PM
Kerri......I saw those same rates when I was checking out Expedia too. Great news !!!

I would double check the rates with Expedia/Disney as I just posted about Expedia and some posters had some bad experiences with wrong quotes......I think my post is on page 3-4.

Good Luck and thats a great rate !!!:smooth: