PDA

View Full Version : Virgin - Volcanic ash claim

VailaTigger
05-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Has anyone who emailed the "eu compensation" address for Virgin (or any other email address for that matter) with scanned receipts attached, had any kind of reply yet?

I've just had an email asking me to enroll in some system related to Travelex and put in my bank details to get my refund...

Looks very suspicious to me, and I just wondered if anyone else had got this, or had called Virgin about it, or heard anything from customer services?

Just thought I'd check with you guys before I called Virgin themselves...

darthtatty
05-19-2010, 04:54 AM
That does sound dodgy, hope everything checked out ok. :goodvibes

VailaTigger
05-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Actually, it was fine. Got another email from Virgin explaining my refund and the system, and did it today.

All seems to be working so far! Gave them details to a virtually empty bank account though, just in case.

darthtatty
05-19-2010, 05:16 PM
glad to hear it was fine.
id heard of Travelex and thought they were legit but didnt want to say in case i was wrong.
glad ts all getting sorted for you.xx :goodvibes

Rosie
08-14-2010, 03:53 AM
I finally got my expenses paid this week in full with no quibbles.
Just posting on here to remind anyone who hasn't claimed expenses from VA but needs to. VA have set a deadline of 31/08/10 for claims and will not accept any after that date.

2Tiggies
08-14-2010, 05:13 AM
I finally got my expenses paid this week in full with no quibbles.
Just posting on here to remind anyone who hasn't claimed expenses from VA but needs to. VA have set a deadline of 31/08/10 for claims and will not accept any after that date.

What kind of expenses are they offering to cover? I wasn't affected by this, but since I am travelling with BA, I am curious.

Rosie
08-14-2010, 09:38 AM
People who were stuck back in April when UK airspace closed for a week are entitled to reclaim expenses from the Airlines that they flew with (subject to certain rules). Under EU law passengers can claim accomodation, food and drinks (excluding alcohol) and travel between airport and hotel.
Some Airlines have tried to deny responsibility (KLM are in the news today) others have been variable.