PDA

View Full Version : high yeild savings account which one do you use?

dis2cruise
05-17-2010, 05:43 PM
looking for a high yield savings for my son (18 yrs. old) any suggestions??

2005s4
05-17-2010, 11:06 PM
ING Direct is paying more than any other company that I currently know of/use.

disneygals
05-18-2010, 07:08 AM
American Express, Discover Bank. Just read about Smartypig.com in Money magazine, but haven't researched it.

llori7
05-18-2010, 08:21 AM
We use capital one. At the time it was the highest interest. I haven't "shopped" around recently.

fab5friend99
05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I use emigrantdirect.com. I also had an INGdirect.com at one time. Their rates were always pretty much the same. I didn't like ING because it assigned me a number as my user ID. And I think this was also the same account where I had to use all numbers as my password. I could never remember them. Emigrant allows you to choose a name which is much easier to remember whether I am on my home PC or at work.

minnie1928
05-22-2010, 10:03 PM
We use capital one. At the time it was the highest interest. I haven't "shopped" around recently.

I too just opened an account at Capital One for the rate. It's currently 1.34 plus they pay a 10% bonus on your interest earned.

Technically Sallie Mae has the best base rate right now at 1.4% (according to bankrate.com http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/savings/savings-results.aspx?local=false&IRA=false&prods=33&ic_id=CR_searchMMASavingsRates_checking_MMASavings . I haven't used them, so I can't say how their service is or how often they change their rates or anything like that.

minnie1928
05-22-2010, 10:04 PM
I use emigrantdirect.com. I also had an INGdirect.com at one time. Their rates were always pretty much the same. I didn't like ING because it assigned me a number as my user ID. And I think this was also the same account where I had to use all numbers as my password. I could never remember them. Emigrant allows you to choose a name which is much easier to remember whether I am on my home PC or at work.

I "think" there's an option to change it if you want to. I never did it, but a friend of mine mentioned it to me one time. I was making the same complaint that you just made.;)