PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone at the table need to order a meal?

HeidiLowe
05-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm just wondering if my family of four has ADR's and the two toddler boys aren't hungry, can they just not order and eat off of our plates and use the credits for a different meal? Or can they share a kids meal and use the extra credit another day or later when they are hungry?

I know we have to all be on the same plan, but I can't find anywhere if we all have to order if we sit down to eat.

Thanks! Heidi.

Faldred
05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
You can order fewer meals than people in your party, you just can't order more.

What you're suggesting is perfectly legitimate. In fact, some people suggest paying OOP for adults at breakfast buffets and OOP for children at menu service places simply for the best cost savings.

HeidiLowe
05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
When you're on the DlxDDP though and you pay out of pocket, do you have many credits leftover? How do you use them up? Just get another 2 credit ADR? Use a kids meal as a snack? Just curious. Thanks for responding!!

ncmickeyluvr
05-17-2010, 03:56 PM
The only way to get rid of extra child ts credits is to have another meal and pay OOP for the adult meals. Sometimes during Free Dining people have been allowed to use a ts credit as a cs credit.....but not always so I wouldn't count on it.

Also, if any of you ADR's are buffets or family style, you will have to pay for them whether they eat or not.

HeidiLowe
05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Can you take meals "to go?" I'm thinking the kids meals that are cut up fruits and veggies or a PB&J mostly, nothing like salmon or even a burger. Or I suppose you could order it and then have it boxed up right away? It would suck to haul it around the park though.

vinotinto
05-17-2010, 07:33 PM
When you're on the DlxDDP though and you pay out of pocket, do you have many credits leftover? How do you use them up? Just get another 2 credit ADR? Use a kids meal as a snack? Just curious. Thanks for responding!!

Heidi, are you on the deluxe dining plan? If so, there is no distinction between counter-service and table-service meals. So, if your kids share a meal, you can use up the credit to get them a children's meal on another occasion. So, for example, say the kids share a TS lunch on two days, you can then use those 2 credits to purchase them a kids' CS breakfast.

TDC Nala
05-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Toddlers are usually really little kids. If they're under age 3 they won't have their own credits.

You can't order TS meals to go by walking up to the restaurant. You'd have to be seated, order the meal, have it served, then have it boxed up.

If the kids are 3 or older and you are seated at a buffet, an all you can eat family style restaurant, or a dinner show, the usual policy is that they will charged for a meal whether they eat one or not, and sharing isn't allowed so you couldn't pay for a buffet for one and use that to feed both of them. Saw a couple of posts saying that people weren't charged when they said their small kids were not going to eat anything in that type of restaurant, but I am not sure you should count on that happening.

Faldred
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM

In the DxDP case, you'd probably not want to pay OOP -- that was just an illustration of how people use the ability to "split" the check, typically on basic DDP, where TS credits are a bit more sparse.

If you have leftover child DxDP credits, you could try them on room service (where applicable), book extra meals (with adults paying OOP), or use them for CS (splitting it up as a snack works too).

Disney restaurants don't do "to go" per se, but they will let you take leftovers with you, so you could just order the kids' meals and then take them with you, if you can manage the perishable food issues.