PDA

View Full Version : Getting creative with CS credits

magpomom
05-17-2010, 03:47 PM
We're heading to Disney in 6 nights in November. We'll have the QSDP while we're there, but in between a couple of sit down meals paid OOP and the Food & Wine Festival going on, I think we'll have a number of CS credits left over. I ran the numbers, and we still come out ahead on the dining plan -even with the unused credits - but I hate the idea of leaving with unused credits!

One thought I had to use up the credits was to stop at Main Street Bakery as we're leaving MK in the evening to get some pastries for the next day's breakfast. Are you able to use a CS credit there in the evening to pick up a couple of pastries and a beverage? Does anyone know what might be included if you use a CS credit there at night? I've seen lots of people using it in the morning as a breakfast CS credit, but wasn't sure what might be there in the evening. How about any of the bakeries in World Showcase? Could we do the same and pick up some treats for the next day using a CS credit?

Another idea - since DS will be 2 when we go, he won't be on the dining plan. I thought we could use some of my DD5's CS credits to get him his own meals, and when all the kid CS credits are gone, use some of our extra adult credits to get an adult meal to split between the two of them. Will we run into any problems using child CS credits for our child not on the dining plan?

Whew! Lot of questions - thanks in advance for any advice or feedback! And if you have any other ideas on how to use up those extra credits, please post them! :thumbsup2

TDC Nala
05-17-2010, 03:52 PM
As long as you use child credits to buy child meals (if the restaurant has a children's menu) it will not matter which child eats them.

magpomom
05-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks! That should be a good way for us to use them then.

mommycrawford
05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
I believe that at Main St bakery they allow you to get two items and a drink for a cs credit...like a fruit bowl and a sandwich, or two pastries and a beverage, which does include more than just soda....Perhaps they have bottled coffee drinks, or something that you could use for breakfast as well.

beroh2253
05-18-2010, 08:11 AM
I have no problem using up all my snack credits at the Food and Wine Fest

ibela
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
One thought I had to use up the credits was to stop at Main Street Bakery as we're leaving MK in the evening to get some pastries for the next day's breakfast. Are you able to use a CS credit there in the evening to pick up a couple of pastries and a beverage? Does anyone know what might be included if you use a CS credit there at night? I've seen lots of people using it in the morning as a breakfast CS credit, but wasn't sure what might be there in the evening. How about any of the bakeries in World Showcase? Could we do the same and pick up some treats for the next day using a CS credit?

Whew! Lot of questions - thanks in advance for any advice or feedback! And if you have any other ideas on how to use up those extra credits, please post them! :thumbsup2

MK Bakery in the evenings you can get a sandwich, pastry, and drink for a CS credit. Or you can get 2 pastries and a drink if you don't want a sandwich. I believe the bakeries in WS work the same way, for sure Norway does.

With our leftover credits this past trip I got some of the Minnie's Bake Shop packaged cookies, the individual large one. I had read on here that they are delicious even though they look really hard so I took a chance. They really are good, last a while, and large to share. We just ate one this past weekend that I had gotten back in Feb and it tasted good and was a great way to extend the trip. Another thing I like to do is get packaged fruit bowls to bring to the airport. Parfaits are good in the morning as a light and healthy breakfast too.

tinka-belle
05-18-2010, 06:31 PM
A CS meal can be used as a snack for all of you too. Not redeeming for snack items, just getting a CS that you all can share a few bites from.

For example, we often stay at CSR resort, and when we return from the parks if the Pepper Market is still open we get a chicken quesadilla meal to go with a bottle of juice or water for the next day for our beverage and a pastry or muffin or piece of fruit for a quick in room nibble the next morning. We split the quesadilla for a late night bite right away and save the other items.

At Electric Umbrella (and a few other places) we've gotten a chicken nugget & fries plate (adult one) and just shared that for snack. Same with the UK fish & chips. There are lots of options in each of the parks, even large platters to split like at the Tangerine Cafe in Morroco or Sunshine Seasons in The Land. (I know all these are Epcot but I spend lots of time there!) Often the drink of choice with those CS meals is an extra bottle of water. The dessert can be something toward breakfast the next day or something for a snack (say an apple) that will keep. Often CS places will let you get a bottle of water for your dessert too, doesn't hurt to ask.

planplan
05-19-2010, 07:23 PM
get a breakfast at your food court...bagel, fruit and 2 waters. use the fruit,waters for the park,grab a coffee in your free mug and enjoy your bagel!