PDA

View Full Version : Chex mix

sabrinadv1
05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Has anyone made any of the recipes on the Chex website other than the Monkey Munch? I am thinking of making some of them to take with us on our Disney trip in a few days. I am looking at the buffalo one and the ranch and cheese one.

Cheryllynn74
05-17-2010, 03:08 PM
My sister made the buffalo one back at Christmas - it was yummy!

DisneyMomma81
05-17-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure what Monkey Munch is ~ we love Muddie Buddies - the Chocolate Caramel Crunch one looks/sounds tasty.

sabrinadv1
05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Monkey Munch and Mud Buddies are the same thing I think. That's just what Kate plus 8 calls it. That's where I first heard of it.

ckmommy
05-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I make the buffalo one all the time. I use chex cereal (or the store brand version) and then whatever I have in the house--i.e. goldfish, pretzels. Easy and yummy. I brought some to WDW last year--although with the dining plan, we never ate any of it. But it was good on the drive to and from WDW via Texas.

sabrinadv1
05-17-2010, 03:29 PM
We are driving and will not have the dining plan. Both me and my husband have picked up some extra work lately so, money is not as tight as I was afraid of in the begining. However I would like to keep the $5 snacks down to a minimum. I just want something good and is going to be a treat for all of us. If anyone has any easy recipes that travel well feel free to share :goodvibes. I have rice krispie treats with chocolate and peanut butter chips in them, and the chex mix ones on my list.

belle41379
05-17-2010, 03:56 PM
I make a sweet version, but I'll warn you...it's addicting! :)

Make chex mix using items such as the following:

corn/wheat/rice chex (I use generic, and use a bit of each)
pretzel sticks (the small ones)
penuts
m&m's

Melt white almond bark and pour into chex mix. Stir until coated. Lay out in a thin layer on wax paper. Let dry. Once it's dry, just break it up and put it in a air tight container/ziploc.