PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards Question

mdelliott76
05-16-2010, 10:33 PM
I have read on these boards where several folks have the Disney Visa. Along with the card I have read several different things about some of the rewards and I was curious about a few of them - I hope some of you may be able to offer me a bit of information.

First, does anyone know if Chase is charging a fee for inactivity? I just closed a Citibank account because they started charging a fee for a card I haven't used in a year or two. We pretty much live off of a debt card at a local bank - we don't have a local Chase bank anywhere near by so a Disney Debt is out of the question.

Next, I understand that one of the park perks is a Character Meet & Greet. I was curious if there were any tricks of the trade to get the most characters? I have seen where some folks have been lucky enough to have 3 or 4 characters. Also, in December are the characters in their classic dress or Christmas outfits - not that it really matters, just curious.

I have read that if you use the Disney Visa to pay for the trip you are able to get a free dining package throughout the year. This is one of the things we have been waiting to make our December reservations - waiting on a deal of some sort to save a little money. I've received a PIN for discount on a room, but does not go through December. Any truth to the dining? We are planning on staying at either Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs.

Finally, I have read that you are able to get a bit of a discount on purchases over $50 at WDW. I was wondering if this applies to Character Dining Meals as well?

I think that pretty much covers my questions..

Thanks in advance,

Mike

vicki_c
05-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Here's a few links to the current perks:

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/credit/cardperks.html

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/credit/themeparkperks.html#none

Free dining is usually offered to card holders in advance of the general public offer, usually a week or so in advance I think. The advance offer is the perk.

As for the character meet & greet, you don't know until you enter the room who is in there, no tricks for seeing anyone special -- we had Mickey & Pluto the day we went.

Jaffa
05-17-2010, 11:58 AM
There's a special area in EPCOT you an see chracters, we had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy all at the same time. At the time my son was 1.5 years old and he didn't know what was in the room. When we walked in he litup! It was totally Magic and the photopass person took the best pics!
We bought a few! It's totally worth it.

I don't think they charge an inactivity fee.

mdelliott76
05-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the replies.

I went ahead and emailed Disney Rewards Guest Services and asked them a couple of questions. As for the Inactivity Charge - I had to call Chase (per Disney) and they said they do not charge a inactivity fee, but after a year or so of inactivity they may close the account.

Next I did ask if there were discounts at dining - Disney stated that it was for merchandise only. So there went a character breakfast discount... I had read that but thought I would at least ask.

Now, if I could just get one of the $200 reward card applications I would be ready to go.

Thanks again!

amshowers
05-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Dh and both have disney visas and we got 2 pictures, 1 for each visa. We did this twice during the week for a total of 4 free pictures, l love this perk. you will get 10% of your merchandise purchase of 50.00 at the parks and the disney store. We use our rewards cards for souvies and tips at restaurants.

kittycat9
05-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Dh and both have disney visas and we got 2 pictures, 1 for each visa. We did this twice during the week for a total of 4 free pictures, l love this perk. you will get 10% of your merchandise purchase of 50.00 at the parks and the disney store. We use our rewards cards for souvies and tips at restaurants.

Do you each have your own account, or each have a card under the same account? I was wondering if they're scanning cards, or just verifying cards. DH and I each have a card, but they're under a single master account. Would that mean we get one or two photos?

buzz2400
05-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Do you each have your own account, or each have a card under the same account? I was wondering if they're scanning cards, or just verifying cards. DH and I each have a card, but they're under a single master account. Would that mean we get one or two photos?

I actually have two different disney visas. One is in my name. The other belongs to my dad who added me on as a cardholder. So I have two different card numbers and I do get two free pictures.

MeRSiamese
06-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Has anyone got a picture of this "complimentary Dreams backpack"? :confused:
I cannot find one on the Internet anywhere and I am curious to know what it looks like - whether it would be something we would use or should I bring my usual parks bag...?
Thanks!! :)

teedisney
06-05-2010, 07:32 AM
I never heard of the backpack.

The biggest incentive to me are the 0% financing for 6 months on vacation packages and the rewards dollars.

teedisney
06-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Also I learned on the DIS that it is considered a VIsa Platinum card so there are benefits with that.

poohs_hunny
06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Has anyone got a picture of this "complimentary Dreams backpack"? :confused:
I cannot find one on the Internet anywhere and I am curious to know what it looks like - whether it would be something we would use or should I bring my usual parks bag...?
Thanks!! :)

I just searched for this and it looks like it's for Disneyland if you book their package, not WDW.

MissBritt
06-05-2010, 03:17 PM
We went one week before Christmas to the Epcot character photo op, and got Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy in their regular clothes.

mrsklamc
06-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I thought the merchandise discount was only at the WOD store at DTD?

I recently got a PIN for December so they are at least starting discounts for that time.

MeRSiamese
06-06-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeRSiamese
Has anyone got a picture of this "complimentary Dreams backpack"?
Thanks!!
I just searched for this and it looks like it's for Disneyland if you book their package, not WDW.

Yes, it is for the Disneyland package - we are going in July.
I just wanted to see a picture of the backpack if anyone has gotten it yet?
We've been charter members of the Visa since way back when it was called the "Disney Credit Card" but have never done this package before...