PDA

View Full Version : Child on DxDP question

larsnshan
05-16-2010, 09:32 PM
My 6 year old son and I are getting the DxDP for the first time. I know it says we each get an appetizer, but then it says he must order off the kids menu and most of them don't offer appetizer. So my question is does he get a choice of an appetizer off the regular menu like me or does he only get an appetizer if it is listed on the kids menu? Thanks.

TDC Nala
05-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Kids do not get an appetizer off the regular menu.

The "appetizers" on the kids menu are things like small salad, cup of soup, a few vegetable sticks. That's it. So yes, the kids menus do offer appetizers, and no, they are not what an adult would call an appetizer.

larsnshan
05-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the information!! What about at places like Teppan Edo and San Angels where no appetizers are listed on the kids menu?

TDC Nala
05-16-2010, 09:51 PM
From what I understand, if no appetizer is listed on the kids' menu then they don't get an appetizer. Kids are reportedly never permitted to choose an appetizer from the regular menu. You may want to ask at these restaurants if anything is available as a kids' appetizer.

Faldred
05-17-2010, 07:20 AM
In general (there may be exceptions at some of the non-Disney-owned restaurants), a kids' TS meal is an entree (which may come with a side) and your choice of two "others" which are listed under the kids' "appetizers" and "desserts". We had no problem getting two "desserts" most of the time, using a fruit cup (typically listed as a dessert) as an appetizer for the kids.

Edited to add: By the way, this means that a child DxDP meal credit used for TS does not differ at all from a basic DDP child TS credit. They have identical entitlements for the credit used -- the DxDP just offers more (and more flexible) credits.