PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Cereal Buffet

62tall
05-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Help!! My daughter loves breakfast cereal and I wanted to make a "cereal buffet' for her . I ave seen te candy displays. How much, what kind of containers for them to put the cereal in??

dthogue
05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
What about colored plastic cereal bowls, but something underneath them to raise them to different levels. Our Walmart has packs of four bowls for a dollar in about 6 different colors - I know Traget carries them as a well. If you don't like plastic you could always buy glass ones. Also check local thrift shops for any kind of glass bowls - you could use the same types that are shown for the candt buffets.

Tammy

Katy Belle
05-17-2010, 01:33 AM
That is a cute idea!!!!

I would just look at the photos of the candy buffets and copy it with cereal! Different levels seems to be the key to making it look nice. I would probably try to include some of the cereal boxes in some way... perhaps cut out some of the names and hang them or put them on little pedestals or something.

Have fun!

Danemom
05-18-2010, 04:46 PM
What a fun idea! Nothing budget about it, but cereal dispensers could be cute (useful afterward also) and more hygienic for a crowd. Amazon has several different types.

malibuconlee
05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
How about putting the different types into quart glass canning jars? Then everyone could just pour the cereal into their bowl? Cheaper than buying the cereal dispenser, and if you don't have them I'm sure you could borrow some or just buy a case of them for fairly cheap!

You would still be able to see each type and if you wanted to get fancy you could trim them in ribbons the colors of the school.

Pixieflip
05-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Not on the fancy side, but the way my teenager eats cereal, I'd need giant containers and the ones that come to mind are those giant sized pretzel or cheeseball barrels from Costco or Sam's. Know what I'm talking about? Great way to recycle those.

Can I ask, is this a morning party? Or just because cereal is fun? It just makes me think of two things. When we went to our senior prom and post prom party, one of our friend's mom made us a huge breakfast. She set up fancy tables all over the house and it was fun, even if we were exhausted. The other time a cereal buffet would have been fun was graduation morning...my friends came and "kidnapped" me at 5:30 am and one by one we picked up the rest of the group and hung a big banner on our bridge and then again went to someone's house for breakfast.

What fun! I love planning parties.

CC12005
05-19-2010, 02:02 AM
Great idea! I think you may have started a new trend. :thumbsup2

melancholywings
05-19-2010, 08:51 PM
On TV - oh a ways back. I saw a resturant that specialized in cereal. They served it in chinese take out containers. And then used long handle spoons. It was really cute. You could see if there's a resturant supply company near you that carries them.