PDA

View Full Version : O/T- Allure plank flooring??

ekatiel
05-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I noticed this stuff in Home Depot the other day. It seems to get mostly good reviews on the internet (there are a ton of 5 star reviews on most sites with a few 1 star "my floor is peeling up at the seams" reviews). I wondered if anyone on here has it in their home and what they think of it. I wanted to install some type of wood-look flooring in our new kitchen and extend it to the living room, but pergo isn't too great if you have a dishwasher flood, etc. This flooring seems to be water-resistant, looks like pergo, is cheaper than most pergo and is easy to install. Have I just found a GREAT flooring solution, or is it too good to be true?? --Katie

gigi1976
05-16-2010, 10:10 PM
we put it in our basement when we finished it and it was super easy to install. I like it, we got the dark color. When we refinanced last year the appraiser asked when we had put the laminate in the basement- I just smiled and said last fall. I was shocked that it fooled her!! We do have one plank that is under my scrapbooking desk that has a bit of a lip on it, but if it was that bad I could fix it with a little glue. I think maybe the heavy desk pulled the sticky parts apart a little.

pal-mickey
05-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I've just installed this in my bathroom and living room. Both are the ones that look like tile. It was easy to install. I don't think mine is in long enough to have any problems.

PiperPizzaz
05-16-2010, 11:58 PM
I put this in my bathroom recently and I really like it. I put it in myself it was pretty easy.

ekatiel
05-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the good reviews guys! I can't wait to install this in our new house :cool1:. --Katie