PDA

View Full Version : Best onsite restaurants??

thestevied
05-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Ok, so now i know how to book restaurants, I'd love any comments on the best disney restaurants to go too, either in parks or restaurants. I'll book for lunch or dinner, so can fit plenty in.

Not after anything too cheesey, just really nice quality food, so give me some opinions please!!

Also, any thoughts on restaurants at Universal? I've done hard rock and NBA... any other thoughts for dining there, anybody??

natalielongstaff
05-17-2010, 03:15 AM
i love Ohana at the Poly, the breakfast and dinner options are lovely :)

disney_princess_85
05-17-2010, 04:00 AM
I love 'Ohana too. Le Cellier is another popular choice. :thumbsup2

dixonsontour
05-17-2010, 04:30 AM
Have you had a look at allears.net menus and their dining reviews? That was my starting point.

We enjoyed ohana, Whispering canyon, le cellier, park fare dinner buffet, raglan rd, boma dinner buffet.

wayneg
05-17-2010, 04:38 AM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249674

My thread from last August with 16 nights DDP, Pictures of the food start from page 5 onwards.
Enjoyed Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Tutto Ittalia & DW's fave Liberty Tree Inn.
For CS lunch Wolfgang Puck Express & the 2 food courts at Port Orleans.

Although we have always enjoyed buffets we found on DDP we liked the buffets less, much preffered the family style dining, still as much as you care to eat but they bring it to the table.

This year only doing one breakfast(Ohana) I struggle to eat in the morning.

2 places we wouldn't return to, 1900 Park Fare & Cali Grill, we didn't enjoy them but others do.

madmumof2
05-17-2010, 04:41 AM
We really enjoyed Coral Reef in Epcot and Mama Melrose in MGM.

Coral Reef had a fab atmosphere and the food was absolutely gorgeous. The Mahi Mahi was mouthwatering and I was sat looking like a fool umming and ahhin with every bite lol.

We actually cancelled Mama Melrose before we left to cut some adr's off but when at mgm we decided to eat there and it was gorgeous. Waiter was fantastic with us and the food was delicious. I did quite a lot of ADR's in October, I think more that 14 in a two week period lol, and these two are definitely the ones we will be going back to.

Mythos in Universal is supposed to be good although we've never eaten there.

madmumof2
05-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Sorry, Hollywood studios, not MGM! lol

darthtatty
05-17-2010, 05:00 AM
do you like seafood?
Bubba gumps at Universals city walk is meant to be great- i cant wait to try it on our next trip.

Im not sure how many of you there are or if you have any children.
Also what type of food do you like to eat? plain/spicy/seafood/pizzas/burgers etc.
we love places like Chef Mickeys, Ohanas, Kona cafe, coral reef, Beaches & Cream. There are so many great restaurants and everyone has a different experience in them. :)
Theres loads of food reviews in the restaurant section, if you get time read a few a see what appeals to you :)

feline figaro
05-23-2010, 09:39 AM
We :love::love::love::love: Ohanas at the Poly

We :lovestruc it soooo much we even had our wedding dinner there :cloud9:.
The staff spoiled us rotten:goodvibes, seated us before everyone else, gave us all Champagne, sat us on table in front of Cinderellas castle, had made us a Congratulations gift, got the singer who entertains guests to sing to us, the manager came out to congratulate us. Our server constantly was bringing us more & more food (more so than normal;)) , they even offered to take pics for us during the evening. Dh was sooo embarassed as we had to get up in front of whole restaurant where everyone clapped us & then had to dance

Food is amazing, Setting is beautiful, staff are extremely friendly
We ve eaten there 5 times during our last 3 visits to the world, we ve tried many WDW restaurants but for us nothing compares to Ohanas :cheer2:

torsie24
05-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Jiko!!! I love it!

We also think that Sci-Fi Dine In is great fun.

Sapper383
05-29-2010, 12:14 PM
We liked the Plaza restaurant in MK for Lunch, great sandwiches and real chips.
50's Prime Time at DHS, great food and setting and good portion sizes
For counter service we liked the yak and yetti at AK, we would have liked to try the sit down resturant but couldn't get a resivation.

scojos
05-29-2010, 01:20 PM
boma!!
am and pm menus are amazing, choices are fab, its a buffet so if you dont mind getting up for food you ll be ok.
tracy

fuse04
05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Another vote for Boma, we also like Ohana, Crystal Palace, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Teppan Edo, Califorian Grill, Brown Derby; DD likes Chef Mickeys and Whispering Canyon. Didn't like Jiko (in the minority on that).

At universal Margaritaville is fun and the Kitchen at Hard Rock is good for breakfast; Everyone raves about Mythos but worst meal for us.

howlongtillsummer?
05-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Was scrolling down ready to suggest Boma - great minds think alike Tracy ;).

I love Crystal Palace (MK) and the Garden Grill (Ep).