PDA

View Full Version : Are soft drinks included in breakfast buffets?

MarylandMom
05-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Can someone please tell me if soft drinks are included in the cost of buffets. I'll be on the dining plan and would like to order a diet coke at Boma for breakfast. (I don't drink coffee, but I love my diet soda fix in the morning!) I'm trying to determine what meal I should pay oop. Many thanks for any info!

2Tiggies
05-16-2010, 01:12 PM
I've had a diet coke at Chef Mickey's breakfast. They serve you juice AND coffee with breakfast so I guess if you don't want the coffee you can just ask. It would probably depend on each restaurant so maybe a soda lover who has eaten breakfast at Boma can confirm. ;)

skiingfast
05-16-2010, 11:21 PM
It never hurts to ask. I was offered soda at one breakfast my last trip when I turned down coffee but mentioned that some caffiene would be nice. It didn't seem to be a problem at all and wasn't extra.

Now that I think about it. When I asked my son (4yo) if he wanted milk or juice he said Sprite. The CM just looked at me for approval and I said sure it's vacation.

Faldred
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
I never had a problem. I don't drink coffee and I'm not fond of hot tea, so I always asked for (and got) a diet Coke without any difficulties. (And we did 6 breakfast buffets/AYCE, so that's a pretty good sample size! Chef Mickey's, PHD @ Hollywood & Vine, Crystal Palace, Akerhaus, CRT, and Tusker House.)

beroh2253
05-17-2010, 10:57 AM
there is a great breakfast drink at BOMA-West African Frunch (a combination of lemonade, pineapple juice, guava juice, orange juice, and papaya juice).

MarylandMom
05-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I have been trying to figure out which meal to pay for out of pocket, and the info helped me make the best decision. I so appreciate all of the help here on the DIS boards!

PS - I do have a breakfast at Boma scheduled and will definately try the frunch - sounds yummy. Thanks again.