PDA

View Full Version : Solo Diner - Should I make ADRs?

Iggipolka
05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm traveling by myself in June and while I'm on the QS dining plan, I'm thinking about one or two TS meals. I haven't made any ADR's and am wondering if I should just go ahead and do so. Do I really need an ADR for a solo diner, or do you think I'll have good luck with just walking in.
The places I'm thinking about are Sci-Fi, Yak & Yeti, Biergarden and Teppan Edo, so not real popular places.
Think I can get away with not having to schedule my TS, or should I just give in and make ADR's?

Thanks!

vicki_c
05-15-2010, 08:21 PM
At Sci Fi they might squeeze you in the back of someone else's car without an ADR, and a Biergarten, they would probably find you an empty seat at a table that has an odd number in the other party.

For the other places, I'm not so sure - even as a single you're still taking up a table at Y&Y. I haven't been to Teppan Edo, is that a group seating thing? If so, it probably falls more in the category of the other 2 I mentioned above. (Just remembered that Y&Y has a bar/lounge area, you can probably eat there without an ADR).

I wouldn't really say those places are not that popular though, especially Sci Fi.

msteddom
05-15-2010, 08:30 PM
I've traveled solo several times now, and I only make ADRs for the really popular places, like Le Cellier or California Grill, and just leave the rest up to chance. I don't think I've ever been shut out. However, if you really want to eat at a particular restaurant go ahead and make an ADR to make sure you won't be disappointed!

Melissa

honeydiane1953
05-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I've traveled solo several times now, and I only make ADRs for the really popular places, like Le Cellier or California Grill, and just leave the rest up to chance. I don't think I've ever been shut out. However, if you really want to eat at a particular restaurant go ahead and make an ADR to make sure you won't be disappointed!

Melissa

IF I ever get to go on my own I will do the same as you. Every time I plan a solo trip FOLKS come out of the woodwork.

disney777
05-15-2010, 09:11 PM
I've been turned away at Le Cellier, but they have been able to find me a spot at Teppan Edo. I once went to Sci Fi with no luck, but made a reservation for the next day. I've had good luck with Kona for breakfast and lunch, not sure how dinner would be. If the place has a bar to eat at, your chances will be better.

Iggipolka
05-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the responses. We travel to WDW a couple times a year, so I'm not that concerned if I don't get into a certain restaurant or not. I know we'll be back. :thumbsup2 For this solo trip (first and probably only), I really don't want to have much of a schedule and just be able to do what I want without too much planning or stress. That's why I haven't made ADR's.

I hadn't thought about eating at the bar, but that's a good idea.