PDA

View Full Version : Getting adult dining for 9 year old child?

smye1stdisneycruise
05-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows how much it is to upgrade a nine year old child to the adult meal plan? Would this mean I will have to upgrade her park tickets as well? TIA!

2Tiggies
05-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes you have to upgrade the park ticket as the Dining Plan component of the MYW package is linked directly to the category of the park ticket (adult/child). You have to put the child down as 10 years old on your reservation for the system to be able to facilitate this as it is all programmed to link automatically.

You then pay the difference between the child and adult plan, unless you have free dining.

TBH you need to have a careful look if you are not doing free dining, whether it is not cheaper to just supplement the kids meals OOP. It almost always is. There are however exceptions to the rule where the child perhaps will not eat any of the typical offerings on the kids menus, has a very adventurous palette and a good appetite.

shaycamp21
05-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I did that last year when my younger dd was 9 (during FD). It would have caused too much grief and complaining to have her watch her older sister get to order more exciting things off the menus than she would have been allowed on the children's menu so I chose to upgrade her. This year it is no longer an issue since both my girls are adults.

momtoBrandon&Jacob
05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
We're in the same boat. My son will be over 9 but not quite 10 yet when we go next year and the kids menus won't be enough for him. I don't want to pay adult prices for tickets so we'll have to do more buffets and maybe pay OOP for a couple meals. He'll also be sharing mine and dh's entrees.