PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Entree at California Grill?

Daisy21015
05-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Was wondering what your favorite entree is a Cali Grill??

I've had the Pork Tenderloin twice - very yummy - but was going to try something new this time around.

Anyone try the Bass Filet??

cbg1027
05-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Unless your favorite is the Pork Tenderloin or the Filet, the other entrees change all the time. So if someone tells you about something you want to try, prepare yourself because they might not have it on the menu by the time you visit.

That said, my favorite entree I've had there was Ostrich Filet with Cipollini, Wild Mushrooms, Bacon, Edamame, Sweet Potato Gnocchi and a Huckleberry Emulsion. Delish!

guitarob
05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Spicy Kazan Roll. I can't say enough good things about it. My wife and I have to have this every time we go, and it's easily my favorite thing on the menu at the California Grill.

Crab, Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Tuna and Fireball Sauce

Here's a pic: :)
http://backend.bardall.net/dis/kazaan.jpg

Ron from Michigan
05-15-2010, 08:44 PM
I had Ostrich there last year and it was fantastic. It was the first time I ever had it and I loved it. My favorite dish on a regular basis is the Pork Tenderloin w/ creamy polenta. I have had there sushi on several trips and really enjoyed that also.

hJOYh
06-13-2010, 08:37 PM
I dont remember if this was a Entree Special for the night, but when my husband and I ate there Oct 2009 we ordered Lobster Risotto and all I can say is.....OMG! Ever since that night I dream of lobster risotto and how amazing it was. The risotto was creamy and it had chucks of lobster in there...pure heaven :lovestruc

TDC Nala
06-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I do flatbread and sushi and usually don't have any room to eat an entree.

PoohsFan1
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
DH and I always get the Fillet :love:....we can't wait to have it again in September.

tinkerbella69
06-13-2010, 09:18 PM
terraki steak and there flatbread is sooooooo good

vettegirl
06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
The Spicey Kazan Roll is the best :thumbsup2

lulubelle
06-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I agree with all others who mentioned the Ostrich, flatbread and sushi dishes.
DD & I shared all three with a wonderful bottle of wine. Everything was heavenly, including the service. Have a magical trip. :)

MinnieGirl33
06-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Spicy Kazan Roll. I can't say enough good things about it. My wife and I have to have this every time we go, and it's easily my favorite thing on the menu at the California Grill.

ITA :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Although, when they have scallops I usually order them & they are wonderful! Both DS's :love:LOVE:love: the bison. DH usually opts for the filet or the pork & it's always great.

If you want something different, don't forget to look at the vegetarian dishes. They are usually a vergetable/pasta combo. I have ordered these twice, once zucchini was featured & was TDF :faint: & the other was a sweet potato ravioli that was very good as well.

MinnieGirl33
06-14-2010, 08:30 AM
I dont remember if this was a Entree Special for the night, but when my husband and I ate there Oct 2009 we ordered Lobster Risotto and all I can say is.....OMG! Ever since that night I dream of lobster risotto and how amazing it was. The risotto was creamy and it had chucks of lobster in there...pure heaven :lovestruc

It was an appetizer & it was AMAZING!

JMD
06-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Spicy Kazan roll and the Filet are excellent.

mousketexan
06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
I was there two days ago, and there was no Ostrich on the menu.

My favorite thing was the Goat Cheese Ravioli appetizer -- probably the best thing I ate during our entire stay.

For entrees, I enjoyed the salmon, but you have to like olives and artichokes to enjoy that dish. If you're into that, it's great!

DH enjoyed the Bison. It was very lean, like a filet, and served with a yummy risotto.

MrsLS
06-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes, the bass filet is my favorite dish there actually. I had it twice now, 2 years in a row & already know that I am going to get it in November again :lmao:

TRBelle84
06-14-2010, 02:40 PM
My favorite appetizer is seasonal, so it won't be around in October when we are there but it is the Crispy Asian Rock Shrimp Salad - with Florida citrus, red onions, soy reduction, and wasabi cream.

For entrees, the Oak-fired Fillet Of Beef - with Tillamook Cheddar Gratin, broccolini, and teriyaki barbecue, rivaled any Ruth Chris or Fleming's steak myself or DH has ever had.

7165red
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Are the appitizers small or large. As a rule I find a appitizer too much before a entree and I like to leave room for desert. I was thinking soup or salad might do, or is there a appitizer to share?

RDP
06-23-2010, 04:41 PM

Lobster risotto - it's just crazy :banana::banana: It stands out as the best entree I've ever had at WDW including V&A s

MinnieGirl33
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Are the appitizers small or large. As a rule I find a appitizer too much before a entree and I like to leave room for desert. I was thinking soup or salad might do, or is there a appitizer to share?

I'm thinking unless you order the Rav, just about everything else might be able to be shared. Flatbreads are definately meant for sharing (IMO), sushi too. The Goat Cheese Rav is a single med-to-large (say maybe 3-4" diameter?) ravioli, plenty for one. The lobster salad I had in May was presented as a timbale. Probably could've shared that one as it was a little tall.

I don't think the appy servings are too big, just a fair portion. This isn't Prime Time, nobody will scold you for not cleaning your plate :goodvibes If something interests you I say go for it!

ciera321
06-23-2010, 04:55 PM
I always say I'm going to try something new, but ALWAYS end up with the Pork Tenderlion - I just love that stuff:love:. I always get a different soup and dessert, so I can justify the Pork Tenderlion!!!

TinkerbellinLouisian
06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
DS18 and I shared 3 Sushi dishes on May 10th 2010...AND couldn't eat it all..

Spicy Malibu Roll (My Fav)
Yoshi's Platter
Snake in the Grass. (DS Fav)

Too bad ...I wanted to try an entree... BUT I Guess that means I need to go back ! I want to try the KAZAN ROLL! but I want to try an entree too ! The Tuna 3 ways looked incredible!

I have pics of our Sushi rolls if anyone wants a peek....

We had a nice time at Cali Grill... Hoping to take DH back there and try entree's... Enjoying this thread... Thank you OP !

Mary

BLTLDZ
06-23-2010, 11:42 PM
I do flatbread and sushi and usually don't have any room to eat an entree.

We do the exact same thing. YUMpopcorn::

thesupersmartguy
06-24-2010, 10:03 AM
The Ostrich was great but it was removed from the menu. I eat there a least 3 times a month and going for dinner tonight and order the pork every time. Best thing on the menu!

kathymc
06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
DS18 and I shared 3 Sushi dishes on May 10th 2010...AND couldn't eat it all..

Spicy Malibu Roll (My Fav)
Yoshi's Platter
Snake in the Grass. (DS Fav)

Too bad ...I wanted to try an entree... BUT I Guess that means I need to go back ! I want to try the KAZAN ROLL! but I want to try an entree too ! The Tuna 3 ways looked incredible!

I have pics of our Sushi rolls if anyone wants a peek....

We had a nice time at Cali Grill... Hoping to take DH back there and try entree's... Enjoying this thread... Thank you OP !

Mary

I'd love to see them. DH and I are kind of new to sushi and have dinner planned here one night and dont really understand all of the names!

thanks!

jamstew
06-24-2010, 05:34 PM
My all time favorite was the ostrich filet, which they didn't have the last time I was there. Second favorite is the pork tenderloin. Greatest appetizer was the lobster risotto, again missing from the menu lately, which makes me really sad.

DebbyLof428
06-24-2010, 06:01 PM
The goat cheese ravioli are fantastic

si-am
06-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I always share a flatbread as an appetizer, and then get the deluxe sushi sampler as my entree. Very good!

TinkerbellinLouisian
06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I'd love to see them. DH and I are kind of new to sushi and have dinner planned here one night and dont really understand all of the names!

thanks!

"Snake in the Grass" - Barbecue Eel with Shrimp Tempura, Avocado and Cucumber $26

[IMG]http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/maryleblancphotos/100_3342.jpg[IMG]

TinkerbellinLouisian
06-24-2010, 09:41 PM
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/maryleblancphotos/100_3342.jpg

TinkerbellinLouisian
06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/maryleblancphotos/Disney%202010%20Brocks%20Graduation%20Celebration/100_3344.jpg

TinkerbellinLouisian
06-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter - maki and nigiri $28

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy144/maryleblancphotos/Disney%202010%20Brocks%20Graduation%20Celebration/100_3343.jpg