PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Universal/Seaworld from AKL...No car

mollies_mum
05-15-2010, 03:23 PM
We will be staying at AKL and will not have a car, what is the best way to get to Universal and Seaworld?
There are 2 adults, DD11 and DS1. I was thinking a taxi but wont have a car seat for DS1 so not sure if we will be allowed?
I was thinking about Mears transport but not sure of the cost and what this will be like in terms of pick up times and time allowed in the park etc. Also can I take DS1 with Mears without a car seat? Not quite sure how it all works,
Thanks in advance :goodvibes

irongirlof12
05-16-2010, 01:28 AM
I would go by taxi and advise them that you need a car seat, they must come across this all of the time.

sallysan
05-16-2010, 05:23 AM
Although we didn't go to universal, we visited seaworld twice when we were staying at POFQ with no car. We took the resort bus to magic kingdom, then the monorail to transport centre. From there, we caught the link 50 bus which took us to sea world. This bus may not go to universal but another bus might. I will be taking this route if it does so when we visit next Jan. Hope this helps.

madmumof2
05-17-2010, 02:25 AM
We stayed at POP and didn't have a car. We got a taxi (they're outside the resort hotel waiting for you already) to Universal, Seaworld and I drive. The prices were much better than I expected and I would actually say very cheap.

I was going to hire a car next time but I'm not sure now as the taxis everywhere didn't even come close to how much car hire/insurance would cost!

Jordanblackpool
05-17-2010, 02:30 AM
See we found the taxis to be quite expensive in February. We were paying $30 from Downtown Disney to Universal Studios, $60 round journey for one day we didnt think was too cheap. One trick we did learn on journey when it comes to taxis is agree a fee before hand, we went back to Florida Mall and said before hand '$18', they will either say yes or no but judging by the fact there was alot of taxis waiting and not many people about they took it.

The Lynx bus is also worth looking at, gets to destinations just as quick as taxis do, they actually seem to put there foot down over there unlike in the UK! And you can get anywhere for $2.

mollies_mum
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your replies, good to know taxis are readily available. There are 4 of us so I think that $30 to Universal for all of us is quite good,
Thanks again :goodvibes

Disney_Stitch626
05-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Just got back from a week at the world this morning, stayed in Pop Century and had a wonderful time. Last Sunday we hit Universal Studios and IOA for the day, and booked a package ticket (2 park one day) and transport option with dreams unlimited. Came out at $109 per adult without tax (which is the same as the ticket only price from universal), with transport by Mears. You can catch the Mears bus from any of the disney area hotels and do not have to do the package, they made stops at Universal resort and all of the Seaworld parks. Not sure how much just the transport was by itself, you just phone up Mears 24 hours before you want to go and arrange pick up.