PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin I Need Help ! LOL

Lilo&Stitch
05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Hello ! I am hoping someone from Wisconsin can help me !! i'm looking for a hotel somewhere between Alpine Valley Music Theater and Summerfest Grounds in Milwaukee !! I realize NOW I should have planned this sooner since alot of hotels seem to be booked for the dates i'm going (July 3-5) ! :rolleyes1 but i am hopeful that maybe I can find something in between both places !

Thanks so much for any help !! :worship:

OhMari
05-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm trying to think of the towns between the Summerfest grounds and Alpine Valley-you will be on Highway 43 . The towns are Mukwonago, Vernon and Hales Corner. Google some of the towns and hopefully a local hotel will pop up. If you want to come into Milwaukee by the airport, which is a tad south of the Summerfest grounds, stay at one of the airport hotels. They are all pretty nice.

Psychodisney
05-15-2010, 03:30 PM
You could try some of the hotels on 94 too. There are some around the Kenosha area(closer to Alpine Valley). However, 94 is a mess in spots between Kenosha and Milwaukee.

Sounds like fun! Who are you going to see?

yoopermom
05-15-2010, 05:14 PM
You could stay at my parents :lmao:

I had many experiences at those two places that I can't share with my teen DS:rolleyes1

For cheap and clean, I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Hwy 20 and I94 (1/2 hr each way). There's a nice Americinn out on 75, which would be nice after Alpine, but pretty far to Milw. The airport hotels would be good for Summerfest.

Good luck and have a GREAT time!

Terri

Pastamom
05-15-2010, 06:56 PM
There is a Staybridge suites in Frankllin (south suburb of Milwaukee)
http://www.stayfranklin.com/

There are also quite a few nice ones by the airport as mention before
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=X75&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&as_filetype=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels+oak+creek+wi&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=oak+creek+wi&view=text&ei=bSXvS8CuJYP78AaVv939Cg&sa=X&**=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CDEQtQMwAA

If you stay at one of those you are very close to catching a freeway flyer to get to Summerfest and not have to worry about driving or parking.

PM me if you need anything - we go to Summerfest yearly - It's a great time!!

BTW fireworks are on the 3rd at the lake front (just north of the summerfest grounds - you can walk there)

Lilo&Stitch
05-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks so much for the help !! we're going to see Counting Crows on the 3rd at Summerfest and Dave Matthews Band on the 4th at Alpine!

yoopermom, i've had quite a few experiences at those places too but i'm bringing my teens with me so i'll be on my best behavior :rolleyes1

disneyleslie
05-16-2010, 10:34 AM
There is a country inn I believe at the Mukwanago exit - they are always nice and they give free breakfast.

Leslie