PDA

View Full Version : Advise on making DCL Photo Book?

Mtopher4
05-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Is tere a pace that does this like the photopass has at Disney World? Does the one at Disney World have DCL stuff too?

HallsofVA
05-15-2010, 02:53 PM
DCL does not use PhotoPass. You now have the ability to purchase a CD containing all pictures you have taken by the ship's photographers during your cruise, but the pictures do not have borders or other embillshments available. If you want those enhancements, you have to purchase the pictures and scan them in or digitize them in some way.

I've generally used Shutterfly to make post-cruise photobooks, but they do not have Disney embillishments either.

DLW8
05-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I've used Picaboo for my digital photo books and love them. So ma ny options on sizes, layouts, number of photos per page, etc. And, you can use your own photos as backgrounds or any of the thousands they have online. There are TONS of Disney photos to use that are on picaoboo for backgrounds...just do a search and voila!

Last year I found the stage curtain at Hoop Dee Doo to use as a background and this year I found some great DCL shots.

ChrisMouse
05-15-2010, 09:23 PM
How much does the CD cost? I would have LOVED that option on our cruise last year. The pictures were our most expensive souvenir by far! :scared1:

mirandag819
05-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I agree with Picaboo.... they have a ton of backgrounds, or you can use your own pictures or ones from like Flickr, I did a review of them on my blog if you want more details: http://sheneedstoknow.com/shopgirl/2008/10/23/the-best-photo-book-especially-for-disney-photos/

I love the way Picaboo books turn out!

Mtopher4
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the info on Picaboo :-)

The CD's cost about $299.95

I only bought $149 worth of photo's from them so I cancelled the CD