PDA

View Full Version : Front or Middle of Ship

eeyorefanuk
05-15-2010, 07:53 AM
We have on hold deck 6 - inside room - room near the front.

Noticed for $40 more - could have deck 7 - inside room - middle of boat.

For first timer, who would like not to feel the motion of the boat etc, would one of the two would you suggest.

Both are sideways rooms. :flower3:

crw
05-15-2010, 08:05 AM
If motion reduction is the goal, definitely mid -- not that forwArd is a wild ride, but you do feel it most up there. There are also multiple convenience issues as well. From mid, you can be anywhere on the ship in a couple of minutes.
Chris

abubu919
05-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Definitely mid for not as much motion

kcashner
05-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Mid will have the least motion. There is some increased motion as you go higher, but the bigger difference is the longitudinal difference.

That said, there's little difference between a mid room and a forward or aft; I've found something good about every location we've had!

toescat
05-15-2010, 09:57 AM
We prefer mid ship, however we have sailed in the first cabin in the front and the last few in the back. If we are booking a cabin in the front we try for the lower decks. On some ships the cabins in the front are larger. Ours would sleep 7, we had three beds and a couch, and three bunks. That was on Carnival. Mid ship offers more than a smoother ride it is central to everything. No matter where you end up you will have a great time.

dvc deernut
05-15-2010, 10:30 AM
WE DONT CARE IF WE ARE AFT MIDDLE OR FRONT, BUT WE LIKE OUTSIDE. IF THE SEAS ARE CALM DOESNT MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE. BUT ONCE THE SHIP GETS INTO THE GULF STREAM(ATLANTIC) NEAR PORT CANVERAL AND ITS WINDY THE SEAS CAN BE A BIT ROUGH. ONE TIME WE WERE AT MID SHIP DECK 6 OUR FRIENDS WERE FRONT on DECK 2. THE LAST NIGHT HEADING BACK FROM NASSAU TO PORT CANAVERAL THEY TOLD US IT WAS GOING TO BE ROUGH. WELL EVERY TIME I GOT OUT TO GO TO BATHROOM I RAN ACROSS ROOM AND BACK:rotfl2:. OUR FRIENDS SAID THEIR CABIN WENT UP AND DOWN AND SIDE TO SIDE ABOUT 10 FEET OR MORE IT WAS A WILD RIDE.

Tower
05-15-2010, 11:50 AM
OUR FRIENDS SAID THEIR CABIN WENT UP AND DOWN AND SIDE TO SIDE ABOUT 10 FEET OR MORE IT WAS A WILD RIDE.
Yeee HAWWW! Way to RIDE THAT PONY!!!:rotfl2: