PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greet offer

wayneg
05-15-2010, 06:15 AM
http://www.meteormeetandgreet.com/
50% new website launch discount using code new50

Just checked our dates in August, 26 nights £49. Cheapest elsewhere £90+

Ratings
5/5 http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/airport-parking/birmingham/meteor-meet-and-greet/feedback.html

4.5/5 http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/heathrow/heathrow-cps-personal-parking-review.html

Dave_uk
05-15-2010, 06:26 AM
WOW

The best prices I got else where were about £50 and that was going to the car park and getting a shuttle bus to the airport.

For 2 weeks in September Manchester its only £30.

Thanks thatís £20 saved and even less hassle.

wayneg
05-15-2010, 06:54 AM
and even less hassle.

Done Meet & Greet last 2 trips from Heathrow, it is a lot less hassle than park & ride. I have managed both times to get a good price but its something I will definitely pay a premium for if I have to.

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
05-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Ohh noooooo. I booked with them two weeks ago for October! Now going to torture myself by seeing if my dates would be cheaper . . .

gemmybear83
05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Awesome offer thanks for posting Wayne just booked for 16 nights in December for only £35!:thumbsup2

suzycute
05-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Having just booked our parking for our trip to New York from Heathrow in 4 weeks time, I have just tortured myself - I could have saved about £30 with this offer!! :scared1:
Great offer for those who have yet to book though - thanks for the info Wayne!

buzz for boys
05-15-2010, 08:21 AM
I just came over to tell everyone about this offer - I got 15 days for an amazing £30 !
I much prefer meet n greet than the shuttles especially with the kids and luggage .
Fab offer x

Dollyrar
05-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Wayne, you are a freaking LEGEND! :cool1:
I've just booked October 1st-18th at Gatwick for £53. :cloud9:
I'm absolutely chuffed to bits. With this and the Hertz hire car glitch, you've absolutely slashed our group holiday costs this year.
Thank you SO much! :worship::worship::worship:

Young Pooh
05-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks Wayne.

Just got to decide now whether to drive to Manchester on the morning of the flight or stay overnight beforehand. :confused3

macca77
05-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Blimey just so i get things right here, 37.50 covers my parking for 15 nites aswell as meeting me outside airport and pick me up outside the door?

wayneg
05-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks Wayne.

Just got to decide now whether to drive to Manchester on the morning of the flight or stay overnight beforehand. :confused3
We use a taxi driver customer of mine to take us to the airport, I rang him today to make sure he could take us(all booked now) If he was booked up I was going to take advantage of this at £49 for 26 days meet & greet but now we are being collected we can drink as much champagne as we like on the way home. :cloud9:

Blimey just so i get things right here, 37.50 covers my parking for 15 nites aswell as meeting me outside airport and pick me up outside the door?
Thats correct, they will be meet you on departure to take your car then when you land back give them a ring and they will be there with your car just outside the arrivals. If the service is good and I get a great price I tip a few £ also. 1st time I tipped £5, last time I didn't as they charged me over the odds for the 4 days delay.

suzybear6
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you for bring this great offer to our attention Wayne :thanks:

I booked our car hire when Doller had their offer that you brought to our attention, and now our airport parking is sorted out at a bargain price :woohoo:
Now, if you could just find me a bargain on US and DC tickets I'd love you forever! :love1: :rotfl:

Luv Suzy

wayneg
05-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Thank you for bring this great offer to our attention Wayne :thanks:

I booked our car hire when Doller had their offer that you brought to our attention, and now our airport parking is sorted out at a bargain price :woohoo:
Now, if you could just find me a bargain on US and DC tickets I'd love you forever! :love1: :rotfl:

Luv Suzy

US, best deal is the 14 day tix at £81 see Kenny's thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2457413

DC was discussed in this thread, looks like UK agents are cheaper than direct but depends on date. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2463460

UKDEB
05-15-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm not a fan of meet and greet (too much potential for something to go wrong), but at £58.50 for our 16 nights out of Heathrow, it's got to worth a punt. Thanks, bud. :thumbsup2

wayneg
05-15-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm not a fan of meet and greet (too much potential for something to go wrong), but at £58.50 for our 16 nights out of Heathrow, it's got to worth a punt. Thanks, bud. :thumbsup2

Only used Meet and Greet twice, no problems at all. 2 trips before those we used park & ride both with problems.
1st Purple parking at Heathrow left us stood outside the terminal for over 1 hour(in Nov, brrrr) before they collected us, worst thing was a couple with us had premature twins, PP had been told it was an urgent collection but they were useless. Then told us they had lost our key, had to bring us to Yorkshire in Minibus and take spare key back down and send our car with another following to take the driver back.
Other time was Manchester thought I was parking close to the airport with airparks ended up miles away, 20 mins from airport but then the minibus driver on return took us a crazy way around taking over 30 mins.
So meet & greet everytime for us now (until I have a problem :rotfl2:)

UKDEB
05-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Having researched the airport parking options for Heathrow Terminal 5 and discovered they're extortionate, we've wasted no time in booking this. Thanks again, Wayne. Now, if you could find me a deal on the hotel we've chosen for our first night in Houston... ;)

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
05-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Ohhhh very excited!! Just cancelled the order I had already made for October and re-booked with this code! Saved a nice £50!! Thanks Wayne!!!:cool1::goodvibes

Shazzie B
05-16-2010, 05:56 AM
Only ever had 1 problem with meet & greet!

When kids were little they took a pillow for the back of the car (early start!) and my daughter bought a doll out of her bed (not sure why her bear was packed to take with us). Told them to leave on back seat as we got out of car (not an issue for DD I promise!!).

Car drove off and we started off only to be yelled back 'Hey you've forgotten the baby'! I'm not sure who was more embarrased me or him when I explained - ever thought the whole world was looking at you! :blush:

Mind you I could see why,DD had 'tucked' her doll up in the pillows so she was comfortable for the two weeks we were gone! :rotfl:

igk
05-16-2010, 06:29 AM
This code does make the Heathrow price very attractive, and cheaper than Purple parking meet & greet with 15% Quidco. However I (unlike Wayne) have always had exemplary service from Purple Parking, and they were excellent in April when our return was delayed by 6 days - they only charged £18 more which I though was very reasonable.

Anyway I couldn't find on the Meteor T/Cs what their policy is on timings/delays. With PP on arrival if you're going to be late (e.g. stuck in traffic) you just call them and they wait without charge. What is the Metoer policy if you know?

UKDEB
05-16-2010, 06:42 AM
I don't think it will be an issue. They've been in business for 26 years and they must be used to working around delayed flights and traffic problems. These are the details from our confirmation email:

Outbound: Please call 07966 916408 or 07966 916403 ten minutes before your arrival. Follows signs to Departures, staying in right hand lane. Follow signs for the short term car park and take the left hand lane, signed fast track. Obtain a ticket at the barrier and proceed to zone M - Meet and greet valet parking bays.

Inbound: Collect luggage, clear Customs and call 07966 916408 or 07966 916403 to arrange collection of your vehicle.

wayneg
05-16-2010, 06:43 AM
This code does make the Heathrow price very attractive, and cheaper than Purple parking meet & greet with 15% Quidco. However I (unlike Wayne) have always had exemplary service from Purple Parking, and they were excellent in April when our return was delayed by 6 days - they only charged £18 more which I though was very reasonable.

Have you been to PP parking lot or just used their Meet & Greet? While we were in their office waiting to be brought home there was someone else with a lost key and at least 2 more with damaged cars, their parking lot is huge and they cram 1000`s in. I was talking to the driver who brought our car back and he said he would never park with them in park & ride but their Meet & Greet was a very good service, advised me to use that in future.

£18 for 6 days was very good, we used Edward Lloyd M&G at Easter, charged us £35 for 4 days delay(almost 5) but I did get a very cheap rate for the 1st 12 days, about half price which could have been a mistake, they possibly just recouped a little off me.

UKDEB
05-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Here's the information from their FAQs:

We will be aware of any delays or flight cancellations that may affect collection of your vehicle and being a 24/7 operation we will be able to return your vehicle at any time. However, it is always best to call the car park direct to notify us of any significant changes. Contact details will be found on your confirmation sheet and on this website.

UKDEB
05-16-2010, 06:52 AM
You're right that their T&Cs don't seem to indicate the excess charges. This is all I could find:

1.12 All bookings are subject to MAP's terms and conditions, a copy of which can be provided on request.

2.2 Increased duration of stay will be debited to the clients account and payment collected prior to the return of the vehicle.

suzybear6
05-16-2010, 07:12 AM
US, best deal is the 14 day tix at £81 see Kenny's thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2457413

DC was discussed in this thread, looks like UK agents are cheaper than direct but depends on date. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2463460

I'm umming and arhhing over the £81 US ticket or just buying a 2 day ticket direct from Universal, because as much I would like to be able to go to US & IOA more than once in our holiday I really don't think we will have time with everything else we have planned.

The Travel Republic DC ticket looks like a good deal, except it doesn't suit us as we want entry to Aquatica with our DC ticket which only DC direct seem to do...hey ho..there's plenty of time yet! :thumbsup2

Luv Suzy

igk
05-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I have only used meet & greet with PP, so have no experience of their park & ride.
When we called on our return arrival at LHR the agent warned me there might be a longer than expected time for the car to be delivered to the terminal as they said cars were all over the place as a result of the ash delays, but in the end she called back 10 mins later to say the car was on its way. By the time we got luggage and went through customs the car was waiting.

iluvtot
05-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Help please!!
Is anyone getting the same problem as me? I keep trying to get a price for Gatwick 22nd Aug to 4th Sept, and the date for the return only drops down to the 31st. If I click on the date box and enter Sept 4th, it stays at 16th, so I can't get a quote for 4th. Does that make sense?

Jules x

UKDEB
05-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Alter the return month to September, then you should be able to select 4th.

Racey
05-16-2010, 08:56 AM
im going to ask a question which I expect everyone will beat down, but here goes.....

has anyone got their cars back with AOT more miles than when they left it?

Ive seen holidays from hell which have shown may of these meet and greet services which have left yoru car in unsecured places (even though it claimed they were secure) and some people have got them back with damage and alot more miles than when left.

iluvtot
05-16-2010, 09:34 AM
:flower3:Alter the return month to September, then you should be able to select 4th.

Ahh thankyou Deb,:flower3:
and thankyou Wayne, have booked it and cancelled our other booking, saving £30!!!:thumbsup2

Jules x

wayneg
05-16-2010, 11:10 AM
im going to ask a question which I expect everyone will beat down, but here goes.....

has anyone got their cars back with AOT more miles than when they left it?

Ive seen holidays from hell which have shown may of these meet and greet services which have left yoru car in unsecured places (even though it claimed they were secure) and some people have got them back with damage and alot more miles than when left.

As I said only done Meet & Greet twice but no problems, both times it was washed and clean when we returned(1st time paid for mini valet £22 extra, 2nd time it was free)
As everything use reputable companies and you should be OK, Holidays from hell type programs find the worst of the worst, also don't believe 100% of what they say. We once stayed at a hotel that featured on holidays from hell, yes it was bad but nowhere near as bad as they made out.

Disneynutinlondon
05-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks sooooooo much for the heads up Wayne, just saved £40 on our parking for 3 weeks in August at Heathrow. It now much cheaper than getting a cab to the airport.

dixonsontour
05-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks very much for posting this - booked 2 weeks Manchester for £31 in October.

pandv_2000
05-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks Wayne - just booked for our October trip at £35

Steve and Sarah
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for posting Wayne - just booked 2 weeks in September for £31! :)

Sarah

ruthie
05-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Wayne

Thanks for the great tip!
I've just booked August 22 nights from Gatwick for £76.50.
We are really happy!

You should really be getting commission on these!
Ruthie