PDA

View Full Version : DxDP Appetizer question

Duckiedee
05-14-2010, 11:52 PM
I have noticed on several of the menus there are "Appetizers" and "Soup/Salad" as two separate selections.... Can I order a soup or salad AS an appetizer? I'm a salad-kind-of-girl... so I'm hoping so...

Thanks!

milmore104
05-15-2010, 07:10 AM
It all depends on your server really. I've been given the choice of a salad and been told flat out it was NOT allowed so it really depends on your server. I would just ask if I didn't care for any of the apps.

TheRustyScupper
05-15-2010, 07:57 AM
1) As mentioned, it is up to the server and the eatery.
2) In most cases, the answer is no.
. . . many appy's can be pre-made or bought ready-to-serve
. . . salads must be made and cannot be stored
. . . it requires more manpower for salads than most appy's
. . . restaurant managers must still maintain their profit level

MrsLS
05-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Every restaurant I've been to including signatures and I've been to a lot, the salads and soups are also considered apps. You can't get the say chicken caesar salad because that would be an entree or something like that.

Duckiedee
05-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you - I will wait and see then. I have noticed that some places JUST have soup/salad and no app. Weird. Salad is usually not too bad expense-wise in comparision to apps... depends. For me I would take a 'dumbed-down' salad if price was a concern. :) But in the end it'll be fine whatever happens!

:)

P.S. Mods, sorry I posted to the wrong board - I did realize it right after the post went up as I couldn't find it... but of course by then it was too late! LOL.

Faldred
05-17-2010, 07:26 AM
The comments upthread are actually the first time I've heard that anyone had a problem ordering a soup or a (non-entree) salad as an appetizer using a DxDP entitlement.