PDA

View Full Version : Advice on V&A's wine pairing

GME
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
DW and I will be going to V&A's for the first time in a couple of weeks. I am wondering if people have any advice for me on whether to do the wine pairing. I am leaning towards yes, but we will be heading to Epcot the following morning for EMH, and I want to make sure I can get up! :sick: I am a moderate drinker- mostly a beer snob. Is it five full glasses of wine, or are they smaller servings?

Also, is dessert paired with a sherry?

LisaInNc
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
To me the wine really highlights the food. It's not at all a full glass. The meal is aso paced really slowly so you won't get drunk. They do serve a dessert wine but that of course varies with the dessert.

Lisa

ROEDISNEY
05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't drink but my DH got it and said it made the dinner. He said he would definately do it again when ever we go back.

TDC Nala
05-14-2010, 11:46 AM
You can share one if you are concerned about the amount of wine.

I've never seen them offer a sherry (it's usually some type of late harvest or dessert wine) but you could certainly ask for one.

Pakey
05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
After two visits there and a hangover the next day, I now share the wine with my husband. I may get one glass (usually the one that goes with the meat course) but I just take a few sips of my husbands on the other courses.

Uncleromulus
05-14-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't drink wine at all--except perhaps for a glass of port following a dinner. I really enjoy beer. But at V&A I've always gotten my own wine parings and Mrs U her own. Never a bit of a problem with hangover, getting sick, etc etc.

iteachlit
05-14-2010, 01:08 PM
We are not wine drinkers either, but the wine pairings really complimented the courses. We had a great Reisling.

Both of us were a little tipsy at the end of the meal. Before dessert my wife needed a trip to the ladies room. She could barely walk. Heels + wine = entertaining trip.

I say go for it!

GME
05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks all! I will definitely do the wine!:thumbsup2

I don't drink wine at all--except perhaps for a glass of port following a dinner. I really enjoy beer. But at V&A I've always gotten my own wine parings and Mrs U her own. Never a bit of a problem with hangover, getting sick, etc etc.

By the way, Uncleromulus, I really enjoy beer too! I recall seeing a thread about listing beers available at various restaurants in the World. If I can, I am going to make notes of beers at the places we visit. Does the DIS forum have a library to store this info?

We're going to Narcoossee's, V&A's (wine only), Bluezoo, Raglan Road, & Flying Fish.

Uncleromulus
05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Alas--they do not.
If you can, especially check Blue Zoo. They had 4 micros on the menu that I'd not seen anywhere before. Unfortunately I lost the beer list they let me take, and I can't remember the names!!