PDA

View Full Version : California Grill Question

MCFADDEN5
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
How does the menu at CG work on the DDP? What can you choose from, do you have to pay for the sushi,what time should we make ressies to be sitting and done main course to see fireworks with tea and dessert? Lots of ? Thanks for any help.

TDC Nala
05-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Are you on the regular dining plan? Appetizers are not included. Unless you want to order sushi as an entree then you will have to pay for it.

If you are on the deluxe dining plan you can order any sushi dish as your appetizer except for the Snake in the Grass and Yoshi's Deluxe Platter, which can be ordered only as entrees.

You should probably make a reservation about an hour to an hour and a half from the fireworks time. Note that you are not guaranteed a table that has a view of the fireworks. If you do not have one, you can go to the observation deck to watch the show. Servers are aware of this and will hold a course until the show is over and you return.

luvdisney00
05-14-2010, 11:22 AM
We are eating at CG for the 1st time this trip and I made a 7:30 ADR for 9pm fireworks. I think this will work out pretty well.

On the subject of CG, what's everyone's favorite meal there? I know a lot of Disers list CG as their fav restaurant, just curious what everyone thinks is the best food there....also, will they do requests for things to be prepared "plain"? My kids (Disney adults) 12 &15 like pork, filet or salmon, but the sauces and garnishes might put them off. For a 2 credit TS I want them to enjoy the meal. I am excited to try this restaurant, but this ADR is really for DH and I, I don't think it'll be the kids favorite.

LisaInNc
05-14-2010, 11:55 AM
I love the filet. It is what I get every time I go.

Lisa

luvdisney00
05-14-2010, 12:56 PM
I love the filet. It is what I get every time I go.

Lisa

I think that's what I'll go for, looks really good!!!

wdwfanatic316
05-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I love the pork tenderloin with polenta. Very rich but delicious!:thumbsup2

atmail35
05-14-2010, 02:55 PM
DH raved about the filet. I got the salmon with wild mushrooms and a pea risotto, it was excellent. I could have eaten an entire bowl of risotto!

We didn't have the sushi, but the platters looked huge, plenty to share IMO. We were on the dining plan and were told we could sub the cheese board in lieu of a dessert, which we did do. Our waiter suggested it.

Disney seems so accomodating, I bet they would put the sauces on the side if you asked.

Also if you can't get an ADR to coincide with the fireworks, you can go back to the observation deck by showing your receipt to the CM in charge of the elevator.

Enjoy!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Another thing to remember is if you had an ADR that was well before the fireworks you can go back up to the California Grill to watch them. Just show your dinner reciept from that evening to one of the Cast Members working at their 2nd floor check-in and they will let you back up.

janeapplemeadow
05-14-2010, 04:18 PM
When I took my niece and nephew last summer I was a little nervous that the youngest one wouldn't like the entrees. He ordered the filet of beef and they had no problem serving the sauce on the side. The other 2 suprised me by ordering off the menu with no changes. We had the ostrich and it was excellent. I alway get the Malibu sushi roll for an apetizer and it is very good, fresh and never fishy tasting. I've always been pleased with my dinner there. Last time we finished early, we left to go to the Magic Kingdom, then went back at 10 p.m. for fireworks.