PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a resort resturaunt!

evan.orwin
05-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Hello all! I will be traveling with a party of 14 Nov 28th-Dec 5th and we are gonna be touring some of the resorts one day to see the Christmas Decor. Id like to make a reservation at one of the resorts for either lunch or dinner but I have never eaten anywhere except the quick service areas at some of the hotels. I'd like a suggestion of some that are more or less a "cant miss" place. Some in my party are picky when it comes to food and so I need a pretty good variety of food to satisfy everyone. Thanks so much!

Beauty & the Best
05-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Hmmm, a resort w/ nice Christmas decor and a restaurant that will please picky eaters.....its got to be Grand Floridian!

I would say that the Grand Floridian has some of the nicest Christmas decor.
B/c your group is picky, I'd recommend a buffet somewhere so everyone can get what they like.

Maybe 1900 Park Fare? You get characters as a bonus.
But you'll have to go for dinner b/c they do not serve lunch.

ntsammy5
05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
You may want to try Chef Mickeys in the CR. Might be fun with a group that size.

sleepydog25
05-14-2010, 09:38 AM
I was going to suggest AP at WL, but a) it's expensive and b) the menu is a bit more esoteric than the majority of other restaurants. Given that you have picky eaters, I'd second the buffet at 1900 Park Fare. When I went, the food was good, service decent, and the characters enjoyable. It's very suitable for a large party.

Sweet Melissa
05-14-2010, 09:59 AM
I think that the Grand Floridian Café does one of the best lunches in the World, and the resort is definitely the crown jewel for Christmas decor. The last time we had lunch at the GFC there was a party about the same size as yours there and they seemed to be having a fantastic time. The menu will definitely suit a variety of ages and tastes too.

evan.orwin
05-14-2010, 10:07 AM
These sound great! I should also mention, we will be traveling with an adult confined to a wheelchair due to spina bifida. Are these restaurants pretty accommodating?

7165red
05-14-2010, 02:51 PM
As far a xmas decorations GF & WWL are the prettyest. I would suggest you go to dinning and check out the menues at both resorts. No problem with a wheel chair all WDW restaurants are wheel chair friendly. Have fun choosing one. AP at WWL get very high reviews 1900 park fare buffet can be very noisy. We like WC at WWL but it may not be your cup of tea.

missycj96
05-14-2010, 09:29 PM
If you want to see christmas decorations, as the others said I'd pick GF for sure. The buffet at 1900 Park Fare gives something for everyone. And if anyone has dietary restrictions, my mom has successfully special ordered plain grilled fish and vegetables several times. The characters there are fun. The evening will certainly be festive. Why not time it so that you can finish in time to stroll out to the pier for the fireworks after dinner?

BlueSkies
05-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Another vote for the Grand Floridian Cafe..they have a pretty good selection on the lunch menu and you cant beat the GF christmas decorations...between the beautiful tree and the gingerbread house!

ckpegasus102313
05-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Most of the restaurants are pretty accomidating. Are you traveling with young children? I just ask because that would be a reason to go with Chef Mickey's or the 1900 Park Faire, but both of those are buffets and the tables are pretty close together. Personally I would eat at the Wave, it's in the contemporary so you'll be able to see the decor, but its not noisy in the wave, and the food is spectacular. There are no characters at the wave, but there is a lot of space, good service, and like i said great food. I hope this helps.

kwdancer26
05-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Hands down, my favorite WDW restaurant is Citricos at the Grand Floridian. You must save room for dessert. Their chocolate banana torte is my favorite dessert from anywhere.