PDA

View Full Version : Where do people eat Thanksgiving dinner?

barefootMom
05-14-2010, 08:33 AM
So we are going to be at Disney on Thanksgiving and have never been there that week--I know it will be busy, where do I want to try to make an adr for a nice or fun dinner that day???

goofy4tink
05-14-2010, 10:07 AM
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey's...believe it or not. We got lucky and were seated in the upper room, with the windows looking out at the water, towards the GF. It was quieter than the downstairs areas. I was able to have my traditional T-day meal...turkey, potatoes/gravy, squash, etc. My dh isn't all that crazy about turkey, so was thrilled to get roast beef and dd feasted on pizza slices, mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. It was so much better than I had anticipated. As it was our first day at WDW, it was a nice start to the trip.

Kara
05-14-2010, 10:08 AM
We went to Hoop De Doo Review for our Thanksgiving. The kids loved it and it wasnt busy at all!

barefootMom
05-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks! Should I assume the parks are extremely crowded that day? I was wondering if people go to Liberty Tree Tavern that day...?

Kara
05-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I have read that alot go to LTT. We did Animal Kingdom that day and used TGM's suggestions.

BayouMickey
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Boatwright's at POR
out of 5 thanksgiving trips we ate there 3 times (in a row) and are planning to do it again this year!

crabbygal902
05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Bayou Mickey, I'm going to try Boatwright's on our next trip. Thanks for the tip!!

We ate at Teppan Edo for Thanksgiving last year and had a wonderful time!

momof2minnies
05-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Ohana's was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had tried to get into LTT with no luck and were pleasantly surprised at Ohana

Linda

ehaimann236
05-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Bayou Mickey, I'm going to try Boatwright's on our next trip. Thanks for the tip!!

We ate at Teppan Edo for Thanksgiving last year and had a wonderful time!

with eating ant Teppan Edo was there any change in the menu for the dinner seeing as thanksgiving is not celebrated in Japan.

thanks eric

ehaimann236
05-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Ohana's was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had tried to get into LTT with no luck and were pleasantly surprised at Ohana

Linda

i was also considering Ohana's for thanksgiving and wanted to know if they increased the price of the meal.

SRUAlmn
05-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Make sure you make your reservation for early in the day. We made ours for Coral Reef for 6:00 (thinking it's called Thanksgiving DINNER.) We went in and were given their regular menu, so we asked about the special menu. The server said they 'ran out' of their special Thanksgiving menu options and then proceeded to tell us how the CMs had been 'munching on it' all day and how good it was. :rolleyes1 I was soooo annoyed!

skuttle
05-15-2010, 10:11 PM
In 2008 we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Captain's Grill at the YC and really enjoyed it. When we booked it, we didn't know that it was going to be a buffet, but it ended up being REALLY good. I'd do it again.